✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 7:

I am meditating on what exactly this means....i'm terrible at memorizing Bible verses or even the sequence of the Bible chapters...i'm asking God to help me do literally what it says here, for HIM. His Word is like spiritual "manna" for us, isn't it?

i LOVE that He "feeds" us with His Word.

Precious.

iu
Yes, I agree. I learn the reference first... proverbs 7: 2,3 then write down the verse on a notelet or 2 and look at them all the time. I find i can learn music easier...

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, I agree. I learn the reference first... proverbs 7: 2,3 then write down the verse on a notelet or 2 and look at them all the time. I find i can learn music easier...

That's a good idea.

There's a CD that teaches bible verses in song....maybe i should get that or find it on Youtube.

I've gotten Genesis through Ruth, so far. (i've been trying to be able to open my Bible and be more familiar with the sequence of the chapters rather then be totally lost hahaaa)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 7. Help us O LORD to be pure in heart,body and spirit. Amen
... always treasure my commands.
2 Obey my commands and live!

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 7:

Delighting in God's Word.

Writing God's Word on our heart.....

what a wunnerful thing to do....

it's sorta' like remembering them "colorfully" and "vividly".

Delightful.

232aae1a7b343bd367d312dd6b910999.jpg

This bears repeating.

Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 7:

Tablet of our heart.

What is the tablet of out heart? It's the "inner being" of our heart, so to speak. It would be the equivalent of this very thing being "etched" in the "inner recesses" of our heart. It becomes such a part of us, that it is as if it becomes part of our hearts, which means that we embrace it and believe it with all of our hearts, holding nothing back.

"My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee. Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye. Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the tablet of thine heart." ~Pr 7:1-3

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 7:
Engraved in our hearts.

"My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee. Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye. Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart." ~Pr 7:1-3

PROVERBS 7.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Pr 7:2
"Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple pie your eye." NIV

Amen

Loving God and His Word and being hungry for God and His Word and delighting in God and His Word is a delightful thing. There's a simultaneous delighting between us and God, and i suspect that it is a blessed and favored time when God rejoices over us with singing.

How delightful is THAT??!!

This comes to mind:

"There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling." ~Ps 91:10

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I read the discussion of the adulterous woman and her "paths" as a warning not to put ourselves in the way of temptations (like an alcoholic should stay away from bars or I should stay away from Ben and Jerry's). There are physical places we should not go nor be where we know sinners frequent or that are places of sin or particular temptation points of sin for us. We are to stay away from them and not tempt the Lord by relying on him to bail us out when we have intentionally put ourselves in places of temptation.

I also think of her smooth words or talk and am reminded of how the devil used words to beguile Eve in the garden. We should not even listen to the voice of temptation, neither from an actual person or in our mind. I think entertaining thoughts of sin is going in the paths of sin and we need to take such thoughts captive (although this can be difficult at times).

Upvote 0