Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I read the discussion of the adulterous woman and her "paths" as a warning not to put ourselves in the way of temptations (like an alcoholic should stay away from bars or I should stay away from Ben and Jerry's). There are physical places we should not go nor be where we know sinners frequent or that are places of sin or particular temptation points of sin for us. We are to stay away from them and not tempt the Lord by relying on him to bail us out when we have intentionally put ourselves in places of temptation.

I also think of her smooth words or talk and am reminded of how the devil used words to beguile Eve in the garden. We should not even listen to the voice of temptation, neither from an actual person or in our mind. I think entertaining thoughts of sin is going in the paths of sin and we need to take such thoughts captive (although this can be difficult at times).

Amen.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 7:

Mercy and Truth.

It is repeated throughout the Bible that we are to "cleave" to mercy and truth, by "writing them on the table of our hearts" and/or "engraving" them upon our hearts.

What comes to mind is the verse where God describes writing our names, "engraving" them onto the palms of His hands.

We are to do the same with His Words, and especially with Mercy and Truth.

Jesus the Christ, His only begotten Son, was the living and breathing, embodiment of BOTH, wasn't He?

"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands;" ~Isa 49:16

PROVERBS 7 do not let mercy and truth forsake thee.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Reading the replies caps off a good morning! Great idea to publish your thoughts and insights that God has given you through the reading of His Word. And what better book than Proverbs!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I sooooo agree about Proverbs. It's like a treasure chest that is found after digging.

Reminds me of this verse:

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." ~Jere 33:3

God bless you Brother Virgil. :)

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Hahahaaa no it didn't register with me till you said it. LOVE it. It literally IS His telephone number, isn't it?

Yep! Gave me my first signature too!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 7:

Digging For Treasure.

251506.jpg

As i was reading Proverbs 7 this morning, i was meditating over the "my son" in it. And what comes to mind for me, is not an earthly "father", but GOD as our heavenly "Father". As "my" Father. And i don't get stuck on "son", i take this to mean ANY child of the Most High, and that would include "me", His daughter. (Also David came to mind because David DID "hide" God's Words and commandments in his heart and "wrote them there". THIS is one of the reasons that God said that David was a man after His own heart and the apple of His eye, and THIS is why David feared neither man nor beast....it was because he "feared God"....this ties in to why it is written that "cowards" will not inherit the kingdom of God or set foot in it, and that is because they are "bereft" of the "fear of the Lord", and therefore they "fear" and thus "worship" man. "Fear" and "worship" are, in essence", anything or anyone we "bow our knee to". Those who do not "fear God" are, essentially "cowards". Well that's another study....i could go on and on...that's what came to mind this morning, amongst other things).

Back to Proverbs 7. Right in the first verse, it is referenced as "treasure" (the "keeping" God's Words, and "laying up" his commandments) as in it is worth "digging" for as if seeking "hidden treasure", and when we seek/dig for hidden treasure, what do we use?

This comes to mind:

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 7:

Apple of Thine Eye.
AKA: Despising God.
AKA: Spiritual ADHD.

photo.jpg

"For the wicked boasts of his heart's desire; He blesses the greedy and renounces the Lord. The wicked in his proud countenance does not seek God; God is in none of his thoughts." ~Ps 10:3-4

Is God's Word, and God Himself the "apple of our eye"? Perhaps that is only possible through the unction of his Holy Spirit. Without the unction of His Holy Spirit, we would not even give a thought to God, and would most likely be repelled by the very thought of it.

Without God's Spirit indwelling in us, we would have rather, a "wandering eye", as it were, amen?

On the contrary, we are disloyal, treacherous, and incapable of truly loving others and the living God the way that His Word describes true, authentic, and genuine love, that can only be possible through God Himself.

We are just one big ol' wandering eye.

Spiritual ADHD, as it were.

"Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye." ~Pr 7:2

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 7:

Foolish Wanderings.

We are prone to wander, just as sheep do. God warns us repeatedly throughout His Word of the dangers of this wandering and how, in the end, it leads to our own destruction, and even death.

Yet it's as if our ears are "plugged", and our eyes "un-seeing" to the disaster that lies ahead that we are foolishly heading towards.

May we heed God's warnings while there is still time to do so.

Amen?

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 7:

Heart Condition.

"My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee. Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye. Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart." ~Pr 7:1-3

God sees our "heart" and our "heart" for HIM and His Word. This is why He tells us to, just as David did, cleave to and embrace Him and consequently His Word.

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 7:

Apple of God's Eye.

What is more delightful than being the "apple of God's eye"? We are, when God, and His Word is the "apple of OUR eye".

"My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee. Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye." ~Pr 7:1-2

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 7:

The "Apple of Our Eye".

The "apple of your eye" = The one you love "most".

It is right in sync with what Jesus Himself said is the greatest commandment:

"And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, " ~Lk 10:27

God is to be the "apple of our eye".

We are to SEEK His face, as it is written, BECAUSE we love Him and He is the "apple of our eye".

This verse also comes to mind:

"I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me." ~Pr 8:17

Is God the "apple of our eye"?

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 7:

Guarding our Hearts.
AKA: The enemy "targets" our hearts.
AKA: The "Grim Reeper" of souls.

"With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him. He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks; Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life. Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth. Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths. For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her. Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death." ~Pr 7:21-27

We are to "guard our hearts", for as it is written, there are many arrows taking "aim" at our hearts. These arrows are intended to "steal our hearts" from God. And these arrows come in many forms, such as distractions, and "pretty bright lights", so to speak, that can be in the form of people, amongst other things.

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 7:

A Wicked Adulterous Wife.

14 I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.

This (peace offerings) seems to indicate that she "went through the motions" so to speak, of some "religion" of some sort.

19 For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey:

This indicates that she is married to a "good" man, as she testifies with her own mouth here, yet she betrays her husband, this "good man" deliberately and abominably.

Despicable.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 7:

This really stood out for me.

Amen.

(this is just ONE reason we gotta pray fervently for our families, loved ones, and really, ev'ry one....the snares are EV'RY WHERE....God HELP us, ev'ry one.)

7-22-23.jpg

Upvote 0