W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Amen. I pray that the Lord give me wisdom in this area.

Proverbs 15New King James Version (NKJV)
15 A soft answer turns away wrath,
But a harsh word stirs up anger.
2 The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly,
But the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
034caf239507d679431998905f31a977.jpg

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,601.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 15:

When i was reading Proverbs 15 this morning, this verse stood out for me. What comes to mind, is that approaching God with a disregard for His Holy-ness, therefore a lack of Godly "fear", etc. is indicative of a heart that, although giving "sacrifices" of praise, giving offerings, and "worshiping", actually sickens and wearies God. It is "insulting" and is akin to a "spit in His face", because it is done with a heart that is far far from God.

That is why it is called "wicked" and an "abomination".

16816.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,601.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 15:

This is so very true. God bless the wise, whose words bring healing and life and God's Truth, and refreshment, like a drink of cold water to those who are as a dry and parched desert.

Precious.

iu

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 15:

This is so very true. God bless the wise, whose words bring healing and life and God's Truth, and refreshment, like a drink of cold water to those who are as a dry and parched desert.

Precious.

iu

this is sooo true!

1205-pro015016engkjv08000480-000.jpg

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,601.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverb a day is one of the best devotional I’ve participated in.

Hello Benaiahian Monk, it's good to have you on board.

Welcome to CF and to the Proverbs a day thread :)

Upvote 0

Benaiahian Monk

Benaiah “ the Lord builds” 2 Samuel 23:20
Dec 14, 2017
Tappahannock
✟17,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello Benaiahian Monk, it's good to have you on board.

Welcome to CF and to the Proverbs a day thread :)
Thank you for your warm welcome, May your devotions draw you nearer.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,601.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 15:
iu
Verse 15 reminds me of the verse about being like a tree planted by a river, in that it is continually watered and flourishing:

"And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper." ~Psalm 1:3

....oh wait a minute, it reminds me also of being filled with "manna", God's own "heavenly bread", which in turn reminds me of His Word, which is, in essence, "heavenly manna/bread", and then how we are "filled" by "feeding on His Word".

After all, we ARE the "sheep of His pasture" and as the GOOD Shepherd that He is, He leads us to good "pasture" and He "feeds" us there.

Through our GOOD Shepherd we have a "continuous feast". A "merry heart" is a "side effect" of "feasting" on His Word.

How DELIGHTFUL is THAT???!!!

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 15:
iu
Verse 15 reminds me of the verse about being like a tree planted by a river, in that it is continually watered and flourishing:

"And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper." ~Psalm 1:3

....oh wait a minute, it reminds me also of being filled with "manna", God's own "heavenly bread", which in turn reminds me of His Word, which is, in essence, "heavenly manna", and then how we are "filled" by "feeding on His Word".

After all, we ARE the "sheep of His pasture" and as the GOOD Shepherd that He is, He leads us to good "pasture" and He "feeds" us there.

Through our GOOD Shepherd we have a "continuous feast". A "merry heart" is a "side effect" of "feasting" on His Word.

How DELIGHTFUL is THAT???!!!

iu
a merry heart...Oh yes, so true, your verses are a 'timely word'
proverbs-15-23.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In reading Proverbs 15, verse 8 stood out:

"The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight."

This reminds me of Cain, and how he brought his "sacrifices" to God, and yet was insulting God in the very act of it because he was blatantly disobeying and disregarding God. He was, in essence saying, No God, i'm going to do this MY way. Who are YOU to tell me what to bring to You or HOW, or in what kind of attitude. You should be glad i brought you ANYTHING.

Now Cain KNEW what God required. YET he stubbornly refused.

And the bottom line is, that he had no regard for God, or fear (respect) for God, or love in his heart for God, but he despised God.

He didn't even seek repentance.

Not once.

Even after he killed his brother, he didn't repent.

This is what i thought of when i read the first part of verse 8:

"The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD"

Yes Cain was a very righteous man as well as his brother Abel, but Abel was considered righteous in the eyes of the lord because his sacrifice was solely out of love.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,601.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 15:

The treasury of God.
iu
In thinking about the 16th verse, what comes to mind is that "little" or what may seem like "little" at first glance, in human terms and with the finite-ness of human vision and understanding, is truly "enough", when there is the "fear of the Lord". For the "fear of the Lord", indicates that someone is "wise", as it states here:

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." ~Pro 9:10

And in that wisdom (the fear of the Lord), this wise one knows that this is true:

"My grace is sufficient for thee" ~II Corinthians 12:9

"Sufficient" = "enough".

This verse also is God's promise, that along with His "sufficiency" (provision-both physically and spiritually) for us, there is also peace.

And that alone, is of "great price". You could say that it's absolutely "priceless"; a "treasure", in fact.

And it is.

Straight from God's own Treasure Chest.

And it's available to each of us.

How Priceless is THAT??!!!.

iu

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0