Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 15:

God sees.

"The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good." ~Pr 15:3

He sees all that we do, even in the dark, and "hidden". But what is even more profound is that He sees our hearts, and ALL that we harbor in our hearts.

We can NOT hide anything from the living God, Who sees ALL things, especially what is in our hearts.

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 15:

A Soft Answer.

i was reading this 1st verse and it's like the verse "lit up" for me. I've never been inclined to dwell on this verse because of just my "surface" glances at it. The bottom line is, that it kinda' repelled me. The reason being that i pictured someone being a "wuss" and just skeered to stand up to a bully or not having the guts to stand up against injustice for themselves or anyone else. It would anger and/or disgust me. (Because of horrendous abuse and horrific chapters of my life).

But this morning, it's like a "light" turned on, right smack on this verse. And it was a spiritual "ah-ha" moment. Like this verse, coming to "life" and "breathing":

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." ~Jere 33:3

Soooo i'm "calling unto God" by opening His Word and reading it, and He goes and "lights up" a verse i've never really "knew", because it's like i've never "seen" it, REALLY "seen" it before.

He showed me a "great and mighty" thing which i 'knewest not".

He ANSWERED me!!! In a great and mighty way! In a verse i had no desire to even dwell on or linger on, but just to "drive by" it, so to speak.

In that "lighting up" of that verse, He also "showed" me what it really means. And that is, that this verse means that a "soft answer" means not "fearful", or "timid", or "skeered", but it means a fearlessness of sorts, and that it's like "armor" and it's what God grants us that is chock full of His "fearless" grace.

There's my spiritual "ah-ha" moment.

i gotta chuckle, because i did not FEEL like opening the Bible and reading Proverbs 15. And when i do, THIS is what He does.

i'm still chuckling as i write this.

hahaaa

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 15:

The Righteous House.

"In the house of the righteous is much treasure." ~Pr 15:6

The house of the righteous is established and rooted in the Lord Himself, for He dwells in it, and in those who live in it. Therefore it is a safe and stable dwelling where God Himself abides, and His protection and blessings are evident, and where His treasures abound, and peace reigns.

il_570xN.245867058.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 15:

Healing Words.

Let us strive to say words that edify, encourage, and uplift the hearts and minds and spirits of others, and bring "healing". For this is the very thing that can "win souls". And it is written that those who "win souls" are wise.

Let us strive to be wise, amen?

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 15:

The Joy of the Lord.
sun-in-form-of-heart-Download-Royalty-free-Vector-File-EPS-164309.jpg
A cheerful and/or joyful heart is given to us and made possible through God's own joy, that HE "pours" into us, filling us to overflowing with His joy.

As it is written, HIS joy IS "our" strength.

How DELIGHTFUL is THAT??!!

"the joy of the Lord is your strength." ~Neh 8:10

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 15:

Healing Words.
AKA: Speaking Life.

iu

"A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit." ~Pr 15:4

Our words are powerful. They can be used to "build up" or to "tear down".

Our world is in desperate need of words that "heal" and "lift up", rather than "crush the spirit" or "add" to the misery that is already out there that plagues so many.

May love and grace and healing supersede the negative tsunami that rages all around us every day.

May we sow healing words like "seeds" that are planted by a good and wise farmer, everywhere we go, counteracting that hate and negativity that is spewed like a toxic, un-ending stream of deathly blows, crushing and devastating spirits in ever-increasing numbers.

Hate and destruction breeds even more hate and destruction.

Let's stop the madness that so permeates this country, as well as the entire world.

Speak "healing" and "life".

Amen?

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 15:

Our Words.

May our words be a BLESSING and not contribute to the animosity and hatred that is rampant, like a cancer, throughout the world.

As i think on it, although not readily apparent, our caustic words damage the one saying them more than the one they are slung at or about. The bottom line, is that our words are a barometer of the state of our own "heart", and thus evidenced by what is spilling out of it, whether it's poison, or it's grace and mercy and healing.

To "guard our hearts" goes BOTH ways. It's not only to "guard" against our being enamored with the baubles of this world, but also what we have entrenched in our hearts, as in hatred, animosity, jealousy, covetousness, and a love of darkness and sin.

b42938f04b296a901ebaa510f610a917.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Verse 10 got me to thinkin'.......what also comes to mind for me is Sarah and Abraham, and how they waited years for the child that God promised them.....and as the years pass by, and still no child, and finally, both are well beyond child-bearing years, and there's no child, how angst and uncertainty, and yes, despair most likely "gripped" them, and as such, Sarah "panics" and steps in to attempt to "solve" this perceived "problem". Had God forgotten about them? Can we even imagine the heartache of both Abraham and Sarah (especially Sarah)? From her perspective, life was just passing her by, and from the looks of things, she'd die, Childless. This would be utter "failure" from her perspective. And disgraceful. A tragedy. These thoughts must have filled her heart, mind, and very soul. Both Abraham and Sarah were on a journey of testing the very fibers of their soul regarding how very much they really DID believe God. He was putting both through the "fire" of doubt and uncertainty, combined with God's own "silence". Reminds me of Job. He was also placed, if you will, in a fiery furnace of affliction.

God seems to do this with those servants of His that He will use mightily. And the affliction of "waiting" is part of that "fiery furnace".

This comes to mind:

"Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." ~Isaiah 48:10

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟179,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger" Prov 15:1 ESV.

This one really hits home when you are in management.........
I think this kind of goes along with what you're saying

Proverbs 15:4
A gentle tongue is a tree of life,
but deceit in it crushes the spirit.

Reactions: SWIll
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SWIll

Newish
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2018
SW Illinois
✟114,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger" Prov 15:1 ESV.

This one really hits home when you are in management.........
Still like this one.

Upvote 0