Daimler faces probe over 'new cheating software'

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
erlin (AFP) - Daimler confirmed Sunday it was facing a regulatory probe after a report said German authorities have uncovered a previously unknown type of pollution trickery software allegedly installed by the car giant in some of its vehicles.

The Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) has initiated a formal hearing procedure, Bild am Sonntag newspaper reported.

The Stuttgart-based carmaker confirmed the hearing procedure.

"We fully cooperate with the Federal Motor Transport Authority and are reviewing the facts," said Daimler in a statement.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,265,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
erlin (AFP) - Daimler confirmed Sunday it was facing a regulatory probe after a report said German authorities have uncovered a previously unknown type of pollution trickery software allegedly installed by the car giant in some of its vehicles.

The Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) has initiated a formal hearing procedure, Bild am Sonntag newspaper reported.

The Stuttgart-based carmaker confirmed the hearing procedure.

"We fully cooperate with the Federal Motor Transport Authority and are reviewing the facts," said Daimler in a statement.

I watched a documentary on the VW scandal a few months ago. I used to drive an older TDI and my mom still has it, but apparently the auto industry in Europe has been lying for a long time about the environmental impact of the newer diesels, and the regulators have had somewhat of a "don't look this way" attitude because the auto industry is so important in Germany.

Upvote 0