San Jose Gunman/Disgruntled Employee Who Killed 9 Coworkers had 25,000 Rounds at home

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nothing is going to be done to address the mass shooter issue so what else can we do at this point?
I don’t blame anyone for taking that approach. Heck, I do it too. It’s just disheartening to see how quickly this has become a normal thing for all of us.

Congrats to the gun lobby for winning this cultural battle.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm wondering what your take-away is from these stories.

My takeaway is that this lunatic was clearly planning for a "Round 2."

Most mass shooters (and it's shameful that we know them well enough to categorize them) don't plan on much after they pop their cork.

They either die in the attempt (suicide or suicide by cop), surrender, or someone tackles them when they stop to reload.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,704.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I don’t blame anyone for taking that approach. Heck, I do it too. It’s just disheartening to see how quickly this has become a normal thing for all of us.

Congrats to the gun lobby for winning this cultural battle.

Gun lobby? Oh yeah, the lobby that says we should all have guns available for the purpose of mass murder. (Searches the internet). Oh wait I can't find that anywhere. What lobby are you talking about?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What can be done?

See any of the other threads where this has been gone over, and over, after various mass shootings. I am not going to bother to repeat any of it as it's pointless.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,704.00
Faith
Pentecostal
See any of the other threads where this has been gone over, and over, after various mass shootings. I am not going to bother to repeat any of it as it's pointless.

I'm glad you pointed that out. It IS pointless. Because NOTHING can be done about it. Most of these mass shootings are committed by determined people, some with mental illness issues, with LEGAL access to guns. There are no background checks that would stop it. And the only option is to eliminate guns from America.

And as you know that cannot be done without a Constitutional Amendment.

So I don't know why people continue to complain about the gun problem when NOTHING can be done about it.

More people are killed every day in the inner cities in this country than killed in "mass" shootings. The problems are not solvable.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad you pointed that out. It IS pointless. Because NOTHING can be done about it. Most of these mass shootings are committed by determined people, some with mental illness issues, with LEGAL access to guns. There are no background checks that would stop it. And the only option is to eliminate guns from America.

So I don't know why people continue to complain about the gun problem when NOTHING can be done about it.

More people are killed every day in the inner cities in this country than killed in "mass" shootings. The problems are not solvable.
Feel better?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, cause I wish we could do something about it. Its too bad that no one actually has any solutions.
Ah, too bad, a good spleen venting usually does some good.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Maybe let’s try more control on the access to guns?
(It’s never worked before because it’s never been tried before, if the Second Amendment is in the way let’s ax it?)

There you go, tear into that and have a good time!

Upvote 0