Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
life on Earth is where you can make the life of those around you better, and experience the good things Jesus has in store for His children. I can share more of the reasons to be alive on Earth if you genuinely want to know
‘Tis not necessary to list the myriad wonders of this plane of existence, no.
I am very glad that you seem to have had a pretty good run, (not knowing you but anything here on CF), and if you had some “hard times” (as most of us do), have come through with grace, dignity and hope.

But as I’ve expressed elsewhere, a fair number of us folks here, do not think that there will be anything “after” this life we live and that this is all that we have.
This can drive a lot of opinions, since we* need not worry about having to do the correct things as your God sees them, as explained by His good people and the Holy Book that isn’t worshiped, (even though there might be times when it seems to hold more sway than societal-consensus over how to more forward as a functioning society).

I hope that your Easter was pleasant.

*I identify as a deist simply to avoid the absolute atheism that seems to be gaining popularity these days; I jokingly worship the Sun (since it is the real, material [as opposed to “real, spiritual”] source of life on Earth.
Did “Someone make” the Sun?
Don’t care.
Don’t care to meet Them if They exist.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
‘Tis not necessary to list the myriad wonders of this plane of existence, no.
I am very glad that you seem to have had a pretty good run, (not knowing you but anything here on CF), and if you had some “hard times” (as most of us do), have come through with grace, dignity and hope.

But as I’ve expressed elsewhere, for a fair number of us folks here, do not think that there will be anything “after” this life we live and that this is all that we have.
This can drive a lot of opinions, since we* need not worry about having to do the correct things as your God sees them, as explained by His good people and the Holy Book that isn’t worshiped, (even though there might be times when it seems to hold more sway than societal-consensus over how to more forward as a functioning society.

I hope that your Easter was pleasant.

*I identify as a deist simply to avoid the absolute atheism that seems to be gaining popularity these days; I jokingly worship the Sun (since it is the real, material [as opposed to “real, spiritual”] source of life on Earth.
Did “someone make” the Sun?
Don’t care.
Don’t care to meet Them if They exist.
Let's put all the arguments aside, and I just want to say:

Wouldn't it be great if Heaven was real? I'm talking the real Heaven not the babies floating in clouds Heaven either. I'm talking about the flying in Heaven, being able to be like the angels, to travel throughout space and Heaven being much larger than Earth with all the best food and places and music and peace. The books to read and people from History to meet and just things to learn and spiritual gifts and armor and substance and just so so much more.

It truly is a wonderful thought, and all that being said, don't you WANT to believe such a place exists?

I mean come on if Earth is all we've got why do people have such a hunger for more?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Wouldn't it be great if Heaven was real? I'm talking the real Heaven not the babies floating in clouds Heaven either. I'm talking about the flying in Heaven, being able to be like the angels, to travel throughout space and Heaven being much larger than Earth with all the best food and places and music and peace. The books to read and people from History to meet and just things to learn and spiritual gifts and armor and substance and just so so much more.

It truly is a wonderful thought, and all that being said, don't you WANT to believe such a place exists?

I mean come on if Earth is all we've got why do people have such a hunger for more?
I am very glad that your life and mind have a compartment for “heaven”! I’m sure yinz’ll have a lot to talk about over the eons, about the lives that you had to live before you got there, in Heaven.

Maybe that’s why upwards of 40% of fertilized eggs fail to thrive (for whatever reason), naturally, so that it won’t all be “reminiscing” because the people that had the long and happy life, knowing that someday, they’d be “right here, in HEAVEN!”, will be telling those “souls” all about it.

Enjoy your evening.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Wouldn't it be great if Heaven was real?

I cannot conceive of any eternal existence I would not tire of or seek out anything forbidden to me.

Hell on the other hand is easy to imagine.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Uh huh...typically I wouldn't bother responding to this type of post except to point out that I never care about anyone's opinion of me. I've been an atheist on this forum since wayyy back when we were allowed to argue religious beliefs and I promise you...I've been called worse.
I've been here longer than that, so not impressed. I didn't call you anything, I said your post reeks of cruelty and misogyny.

However, I do recall you posting about vaccines and a quick search revealed 20+ pages of your views on the topic. I only skimmed the first 3...I'm going to be kind enough to not go through each, point out every time you were wrong, etc. It is a bit funny how certain politicians are "anti-vax quacks" one moment and possibly electable the next, isn't it? That's not the point here though...
No, please do point out where I said certain politicians are "anti-vax quacks" one moment and possibly electable the next.

I am solidly in favor of bodily autonomy. I don't believe the government should force anyone to undergo any procedures or treatments they don't want to undergo.

However, it doesn't appear as if anyone else feels the same way. I know that some might claim to...but they really don't. I found this out when I was mandated to get a vaccine that was sold to the masses as not only the "solution" to covid, but was entirely new, and certainly untested for phase 3 trials. I didn't tell anyone not to get it....I didn't tell anyone to get it. I wanted to wait, and see the data, because I'm aware how few vaccines pass phase 3 trials....and for good reason.
Wow! Good for you! You're the man, man.

People on here floated ideas about deny people like myself medical treatment at a hospital and took glee in watching politicians and known pundits get sick and die. I don't know if you joined in...perhaps you even told them how cruel they were. Perhaps you never supported a mandate or took any joy from people dying or getting sick.
What a mystery!

Am I cruel for not caring that these women were denied bodily autonomy? Why? If you weren't against mandates....you don't care either.
You were cruel to suppose that the woman carrying the unviable fetus didn't want it, as if carrying it long enough for the diagnosis to be made were just a careless mistake.

As for misogyny....I honestly don't care about that.
Oh, obviously, no need to affirm that.

14yo boy gets raped...6 years later served with child support papers.

There's an injustice for you. California decided it doesn't even matter if the mother who raped a teenage boy was convicted....you're still on the hook for 18 years buddy!

You must be incredibly outraged lol. It's as if men never have any choice at all...yet women insist they be responsible for the consequences their choices, even when the choice is raping a 14yo boy.
What is the point of this little anecdote? I am solidly opposed to rape. It's not funny when it happens to men and boys either.

As far as I can tell, a few states banning abortion and removing one of the many choices women have is the closest thing we'll have to equality between the sexes.
Not even close. But either both men and women should register for the draft or neither should. There may have been some equality when men were compelled to risk their lives in combat and give up their freedom for a set period and women being forced to risk their lives in pregnancy.

Until then that day...accusations of misogyny just reveal ignorance.
Lols, yeah, right.

Reactions: MotoToTheMax
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Where does the food come from? Are animals slaughtered in heaven? Do they have plants in heaven, even if they don't have a soul? Who cooks the food? Where do the kitchen supplies come from? Who decides who does the cooking? Can you burn your finger in the kitchen?

Do Alzheimer's patients regain their lost memories? Do they remember what took place in the years in which they were incapacitated? Do mentally disabled people suddenly gain cognitive abilities? If so, how much? Do they get IQs of 100, 120, 150?

Who manufactures and maintains the musical instruments in heaven? Are the violin bows still made of horsehair? Are the clarinets still made of Grenadilla wood? Do they have stereo systems in heaven? Electricity to power them?

Because when you start asking questions about it, the premise falls apart.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Where does the food come from? Are animals slaughtered in heaven? Do they have plants in heaven, even if they don't have a soul? Who cooks the food? Where do the kitchen supplies come from? Who decides who does the cooking? Can you burn your finger in the kitchen?

Do Alzheimer's patients regain their lost memories? Do they remember what took place in the years in which they were incapacitated? Do mentally disabled people suddenly gain cognitive abilities? If so, how much? Do they get IQs of 100, 120, 150?

Who manufactures and maintains the musical instruments in heaven? Are the violin bows still made of horsehair? Are the clarinets still made of Grenadilla wood? Do they have stereo systems in heaven? Electricity to power them?

Because when you start asking questions about it, the premise falls apart.
When you limit Heaven which is a plane of existence that far exceeds the lowly minimal aspects of Earthly life it's the same as asking about if Calculus taught in college is able to account for the kindergarten level math you learned. It's so far advanced and DOES account for it, you're just unable to comprehend it because all you've ever know are the four walls of your kindergarten room. There are classmates who believe that there is such a place as college, even if they don't understand it, and that's what Christians are, they are people who believe there is something more than this Earthly existence, even if they can't comprehend it all.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When you limit Heaven which is a plane of existence that far exceeds the lowly minimal aspects of Earthly life it's the same as asking about if Calculus taught in college is able to account for the kindergarten level math you learned. It's so far advanced and DOES account for it, you're just unable to comprehend it because all you've ever know are the four walls of your kindergarten room. There are classmates who believe that there is such a place as college, even if they don't understand it, and that's what Christians are, they are people who believe there is something more than this Earthly existence, even if they can't comprehend it all.
Yet I’m supposed to believe that souls who got to skip this plane of existence for one unimaginably better are aggrieved about it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Yet I’m supposed to believe that souls who got to skip this plane of existence for one unimaginably better are aggrieved about it?
If you at this moment were killed and went to Heaven, yes you would be glad to be in Heaven, but you would be sad that your family and friends were deprived of you.

How much more someone who never got to grow up with their parents, with friends, go to school get a job have their own family.

All that would be taken away from you if you were killed as a baby.

Upvote 0

Velaut

Sep 23, 2016
Belgium
✟69,570.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wouldn't it be great if Heaven was real? [...] don't you WANT to believe such a place exists?
Of course it sounds good at first glance. But 3 things:
1. Wanting it to be true doesn't make it true.
2. Eternity gets boring quickly and becomes hell shortly after.
3. You know nothing about heaven. Except some vague promises like peace and harmony and happiness forever. If you start thinking about it and ask questions, like some people did here, it does not look that attractive.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You didn't answer any of my questions.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you at this moment were killed and went to Heaven, yes you would be glad to be in Heaven, but you would be sad that your family and friends were deprived of you.

How much more someone who never got to grow up with their parents, with friends, go to school get a job have their own family.

All that would be taken away from you if you were killed as a baby.
But you would have an eternity to be with them in heaven - that dwarfs the few moments on earth with sin and suffering.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hope these women get law changed. None of them wanted an abortion. It was medical need. And one of them could of lost their life. And lost a fallopian tube. This is unacceptable and scary to me. Doctor shouldn't live in fear, for doing the right thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I've been here longer than that, so not impressed. I didn't call you anything, I said your post reeks of cruelty and misogyny.

Oh I see....you're not claiming I'm cruel and misogynistic. My posts are lol. I guess that's a meaningful distinction in your mind.

No, please do point out where I said certain politicians are "anti-vax quacks" one moment and possibly electable the next.

Wow! Good for you! You're the man, man.

What a mystery!

It's not....not really. You don't deviate much from the standard left narrative. I can typically guess your opinions before you post them.

You were cruel to suppose that the woman carrying the unviable fetus didn't want it, as if carrying it long enough for the diagnosis to be made were just a careless mistake.

Oh ok....you read incorrectly then. I never said any such thing. Feel free to go back and read my statement again...you'll see that I placed a conditional on a hypothetical situation. I didn't say anything about the feelings of the woman in the article. Your mistake....but probably an honest mistake. If so, I'll expect you to edit out your false characterization of my posts.

Oh, obviously, no need to affirm that.

Nope. I don't think you can actually identify misogyny.

What is the point of this little anecdote? I am solidly opposed to rape. It's not funny when it happens to men and boys either.

Sure....as we all are....yet somehow, despite the many many discussions of how "unfair" it is to force a woman to live with the consequences of rape....we never ever have any discussion about forcing men who were raped to live with the consequences....do we?

Yet somehow, I'm a misogynist lol.

Not even close. But either both men and women should register for the draft or neither should.

Perhaps I should have been more specific. I was speaking to the topic of reproductive rights. As a man, I have literally 2 choices if I don't want a child....condoms and abstinence. If I want a child? None. Perhaps there's adoption agencies that would allow a single man to adopt....but I've never heard of any. Of the two options I have, abstinence and condoms...only abstinence is certain, and while some states have laws against removing condoms without consent....I can't think of any laws that would protect me from a woman who tampers with a condom, lies about taking birth control, etc. Even if a woman lies about parentage...for some reason, which I cannot think of any justification for, I only have a brief window to contest parentage. In many states....possibly even the majority....finding out you aren't the father outside of the legal window of opportunity doesn't end a man's legal obligation to financially support someone else's child.

Women would likely claim that just like a false accusation of rape....the chances of this happening are so few that they don't merit consideration. Young men may believe this. Older men still remember The Maury Povich Show aka "Maury" and the entertaining episodes where some young 22 year old was on her 3rd appearance with the next set of possible fathers (after the first two appearances ruled out 14 candidates for being the father) and the resulting surprise of the audience upon learning that the next 7 candidates weren't the father either.

A man's reproductive rights are either abstinence or a roll of dice. A woman's reproductive rights? No need to bother listing all the choices she has between various contraceptives, adoption, and abandonment....even deception and apparently rape won't legally require her to face the consequences alone in many states.

That's why claims of misogyny are just a pathetic joke....or perhaps a statement of ignorance....but nothing to consider seriously. At least not on the topic of reproductive rights.

There may have been some equality when men were compelled to risk their lives in combat and give up their freedom for a set period and women being forced to risk their lives in pregnancy.

I don't see any relation between these two things. Men being vulnerable to a war draft was typically associated with their right to vote. Women weren't required to kill and die for the security of the nation....and as such, equal say in the laws of the nation was denied them. Most of my life I have considered that a gross injustice and a clear failure of the consideration of equality under law.

Recently though, ive reconsidered perhaps there was some wisdom in that.
But that's the issue of our voting rights and draft eligibility. On reproductive rights? A woman can rape a boy and force him to pay for her crimes. Misogyny? Nope. An oppressive patriarchy? Not even close.

A lot of self righteous and overly entitled women perhaps have one less choice regarding reproductive rights...or one that's been limited in some way....but all complaints of misogyny and marginalization or oppression should be sent to the Department of Patriarchy's Office of White Supremacy for further review....I've heard they're the ones responsible for these unfortunate situations where the overly privileged are unable to see how they're overly privileged so I'm sure they can help you out lol.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you could go back would you try and prevent your birth?
I have many times. And still do. But my parents never thought about abortion. My mom life was never in danger. So, she never came close to losing fallopian tube. Or close to dying, because the pregnancy never had a chance. Or her life was in danger.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,377.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I cannot conceive of any eternal existence I would not tire of or seek out anything forbidden to me.

Hell on the other hand is easy to imagine.

Of course you can't. None of really can. But it is there regardless of our ability to grasp it now.

But, as the Tanakh says, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard and no one’s heart has imagined all the things that God has prepared for those who love him.” - 1 Corinthians 2:9 Bible Gateway passage: 1 Corinthians 2:9 - Complete Jewish Bible

When we are stuck in this earth and this way of living and our minds focused on earthly things, it's pretty much impossible to grasp the good that awaits us. Our existence with Christ in that time, you won't get tired or seek out anything forbidden. You cannot comprehend an existence like that here in in this existence. But that existence it will be easy cause we won't think the same way as we do now. We will be incorruptible.

Sorry, just had to toss that in for food for thought.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

In Texas, getting an abortion is a private matter between a woman, her husband, her doctor, her team of lawyers, a judge, and a lawyer from the state Attorney General's office.

Texas judge grants pregnant woman's request to get an abortion

A Dallas-area mother found out that her fetus has trisomy 18, a genetic condition that can cause stillbirth or death of a newborn. The court order allows her to end the pregnancy.

Texas law prohibits almost all abortions with very limited exceptions. So on behalf of Cox, her husband and her doctor, lawyers with the Center for Reproductive Rights filed a request for a temporary restraining order that would block the state’s abortion bans in Cox's case and enable her to terminate her pregnancy.

"Many of Miss Cox’s health risks during this pregnancy will put her life in danger if left untreated, and carrying this pregnancy to term will significantly increase the risks to her future fertility, meaning that she and her husband may not be able to have more children in the future," Duane said.

State District Judge Maya Guerra Gamble quickly granted the requested order, which also allows Cox’s doctor to perform the abortion without fear of prosecution.

Johnathan Stone, an attorney with the Texas attorney general's office who represented the state in the hearing, argued that Cox and her husband had not sufficiently demonstrated that they would suffer "immediate and irreparable injury" without an abortion.

"The only party that’s going to suffer an immediate and irreparable harm in this case" if the judge grants the requested order, he said...

"is the state."

Upvote 0