Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Or whatever else you all are doing to remove your hair. 'Round my parts we called it getting woolyburger. Which means I'm due for a haircut. Because you know, I'm not a hippie. Even though I've tried to grow my hair out, but I don't wear it right. I've got extremely thick hair.
So anyway, talk about your hair salon, barber shop, etiquette, or whatever. Try not harelip (pun intended) anyone unless it's the devil.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have extremely thick hair too. Makes shampooing my hair sometimes challenging. While other's love my hair I tend to be a little iffy about it, lol. Looks good up close, but like a block far away.. lol.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,933.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I cut my own hair hipster style like one in my avatar (not showing the top), short-medium on the side, medium-long at the top and style it with wax or simply hair dryer + oil. I use the Babyliss for men Wtech hair and beard clipper.

And zero facial hair.

I usually cut my hair every other week or sometimes, every week.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I tend to trim and dye my own hair... not worth all the money a professional charges to do it. I'm also obsessive about body hair and I shave and wax on the daily.
Have you ever considered the laser treatments that are supposed to permanently remove?

• Informative
Reactions: Boring
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I go to the barber for my haircut (shorter back and sides - generally just a tidy look) and I don't do too much special about my beard.

Shaving wise I shave with a straight razor as I find with safety razors I can never quite get an entirely clean shave despite trying multiple brands and head types, so now I use a straight razor.

I actually really enjoy shaving that way because it is more of a process. Preparing the brush and bowl, the cream and the shaving itself really just calm me down and as strange as it is, it really feels like 'me time'.

Beard wise I don't really use anything as my beard hair isn't particularly long and it isn't a full-face beard; I just have a beard around my mouth and chin, I forget the name.

Upvote 0

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever considered the laser treatments that are supposed to permanently remove?
I've considered it but it takes lots of long sessions and money and is only sometimes successful. It doesn't take me long to just do it myself.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I hate shaving + look 17 without a beard. I have very good coverage and it's solid black too, so it's a shame to go scraping away at my face.

Haircut wise, I prefer to pay a bit extra and get it cut down the lanes in Brighton. Quite often, I want the banter as much as I want the cut. A good barber is a man's best friend.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I go to a haircut place to get my haircut. I get a 4 on the sides, and then cut on the top to make it about an even length with a fade. It usually takes about 20 minutes due just the amount of hair that I have on my head.

I shave my face regularly once it gets too scruffy, but I keep a chin goatee. I don't particularly like shaving and use an electric razor because it's quicker.

I occasionally get my eyebrows waxed to remove a unibrow.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I got to a professional for my haircuts. I lack the skill necessary to do anything related to cutting hair, unless my kid wants a buzz cut. That I can do.

I generally otherwise, but my skin tends to be sensitive, so sometimes my legs get a little scratchy. I've tried epilating and it can be extremely painful. Waxing is messy in my experience and I'm no good at it. I also don't want to pay for it.

FYI, laser isn't too bad as pain goes, but it is very pricey. Thousands of dollars if you want your legs done. It also only works on darker hair. If your hair is blonde or red, no luck for you. It also may not be permanent.

Electrolysis is a permanent option and it works on all hair types, plus it costs less per session. However, it is an extremely slow process (one hair at a time) and, if your skin is sensitive, is super painful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Boring

Handservant
Apr 25, 2017
New York
✟12,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I cut my hair about every half-year or quarter-year. I cut my mustache and beard myself, about every half-month or month, depending on how fast my eating becomes messy. I also cut my bottom hair with a razor, whenever i begin using too much toilet paper.

Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I spent 12 years in the military so have had a military cut and been clean-shaven for most of my life. Then the professions I have chosen also dictated a clean and conservative look; park ranger, corrections officer, corporate insurance guy, and now a corporate security operator.

I can now get by with a beard, and I grow a full and thick beard, but it comes in gray. About three years ago, after my divorce and move back to the Northwest, I grew my hair long and grew my beard out while taking a job as a factory worker. I was going for The Dude look from The Big Lebowski. I ended up looking like a fat Gandalf.

So now I just keep a conservative/military cut that is done by a local hair stylist school. They cut veteran's hair for free, so I typically leave a $10-$15 tip if they do a good job and are nice.

Don't get me started on body hair... Why God decided that once men reach 40, they need hairy ears and out of control eyebrows, is beyond my understanding. Tweezers are now a valuable addition to my daily grooming tools...

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,933.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I hate shaving + look 17 without a beard. I have very good coverage and it's solid black too, so it's a shame to go scraping away at my face.

Have you tried beard trimmer so you can style your beard?

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Someone just ranked one of my posts about laser treatment as "informative".!?!? My gut reaction to that was, "have you ever tried flames?" Haha

simpsons-fire.gif

• Haha
Upvote 0

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I generally otherwise, but my skin tends to be sensitive, so sometimes my legs get a little scratchy. I've tried epilating and it can be extremely painful. Waxing is messy in my experience and I'm no good at it. I also don't want to pay for it.
I've found hard wax isn't so bad. Not super painful or messy. Doesn't require a lot of supplies either, just heat, apply, and rip. That's what I use.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have long thick curly hair which with gel isn't too hard to manage,but I only get
it cut once a yr or so since it grows slowly. I always get a haircut every summer,and
get my eyebrows waxed every so often. I shave every other day,and am always tweezing and
shaving my chin hairs,and upper lip hair.I hate that I get them.

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've found hard wax isn't so bad. Not super painful or messy. Doesn't require a lot of supplies either, just heat, apply, and rip. That's what I use.

I used the ones with wax strips and I kept having residue left behind. I've seen other waxes that may be more my speed, but I haven't gotten around to actually buying/trying them.

Upvote 0