USA
✟953,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you using silicone-free options? I’ve heard good feedback on dry poo. I’ve been shampoo free for years. I co-wash with conditioner and use a different brand for conditioning. I have fine hair too.

I would look at DIY solutions for oily hair. A hair mask might be a plus.

~Bella

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay! It looks like this...

View attachment 279545

But I could do that...

View attachment 279546
The woman in the first picture has very beautiful hair.

Are you using silicone-free options? I’ve heard good feedback on dry poo. I’ve been shampoo free for years. I co-wash with conditioner and use a different brand for conditioning. I have fine hair too.

I would look at DIY solutions for oily hair. A hair mask might be a plus.

~Bella

I experimented with not using shampoo recently, but I struggled with it. I was trying to follow the no poo method. I tried using corn flour as dry shampoo, water only wash, and apple cider vinegar as conditioner. I didn't enjoy using the corn flour, and like a lot of people I eventually gave up because although my hair looked ok it felt waxy all the time.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The woman in the first picture has very beautiful hair.

Thank you. That is closest to my current hue. I don't want to go too light. It would mess with my color profile. I may darken it for the summer and do balayage in the fall.

I experimented with not using shampoo recently, but I struggled with it. I was trying to follow the no poo method. I tried using corn flour as dry shampoo, water only wash, and apple cider vinegar as conditioner. I didn't enjoy using the corn flour, and like a lot of people I eventually gave up because although my hair looked ok it felt waxy all the time.

I've never tried dried shampoo. I co-wash with Giovanni and use two Paul Mitchell products as a leave-in.

@shineyourlight You can use apple cider vinegar diluted with water for cleansing. It will help with oil build up. I just remembered. :)

~Bella

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. That is closest to my current hue. I don't want to go too light. It would mess with my color profile. I may darken it for the summer and do balayage in the fall.
I expect you look amazing every day!

I've never tried dried shampoo. I co-wash with Giovanni and use two Paul Mitchell products as a leave-in.
I looked at a Giovanni conditioner online, but unfortunately it's not an option for me. They advertise it as 'paraben-free', and 'vegan friendly, but one of the ingredients is phenoxyethanol which I think is best avoided.

By coincidence, I did buy some conditioner yesterday. After looking at the ingredients list of numerous bottles, I managed to find a product that didn't seem to have anything in it that I'm actively trying to avoid.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/293610930

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I expect you look amazing every day!

I should but I don’t. If I was married I would. I honestly need a lady’s maid. I’d like to have hair, makeup and skincare handled at home and use a stylist for photos and video.

I looked at a Giovanni conditioner online, but unfortunately it's not an option for me.

I’ve used several brands. As I Am and Devacurl are my favorites. I have curly hair. I try different things to see what works. Summer is here and I need to switch.

The biggest challenge was finding products that didn’t weigh my hair down. Its really fine. I don’t use gel. But I’d have less tangles if I did. I just saw a video from a beauty blogger I used to follow. Our hair is very similar. She did a 3 step Devacurl routine. I’ll try that and see how my hair responds.

Good luck with the new conditioner!

~Bella

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I should but I don’t. If I was married I would. I honestly need a lady’s maid. I’d like to have hair, makeup and skincare handled at home and use a stylist for photos and video.
I always thought it was the opposite way around, and that some people stop trying once they have got married!

Good luck with the new conditioner!
Thanks. I've tried it. Nothing to shout about, but better than using no conditioner at all. The best product I ever tried was VO5 Hot Oil, but it's too expensive to use all the time, and the effects don't last long enough to justify the cost.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I always thought it was the opposite way around, and that some people stop trying once they have got married!

That's usually the case. But I believe my appearance is a reflection on both. I couldn't justify laziness. It opposes my convictions. One of the reasons I date men with aesthetic preferences is the added benefit of accountability. They're more attentive about health and physical maintenance. I won't gain 50 pounds or live in yoga pants. They wouldn't permit it. :p

Thanks. I've tried it. Nothing to shout about, but better than using no conditioner at all. The best product I ever tried was VO5 Hot Oil, but it's too expensive to use all the time, and the effects don't last long enough to justify the cost.

Black castor oil is nice so is jojoba. I haven't used VO5 since childhood. I didn't like it. I don't add oil to my hair. I rely on my diet and good products.

~Bella

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's usually the case. But I believe my appearance is a reflection on both. I couldn't justify laziness. It opposes my convictions. One of the reasons I date men with aesthetic preferences is the added benefit of accountability. They're more attentive about health and physical maintenance. I won't gain 50 pounds or live in yoga pants. They wouldn't permit it.
I guess you had better marry a strict man who will motivate you in those areas.

Black castor oil is nice so is jojoba.
I have some jojoba. I might start using it again.

I haven't used VO5 since childhood. I didn't like it.
Maybe the American VO5 Hot Oil is different from the UK VO5 Hot Oil. The product I used was a water based conditioner, but like many conditioners it did contain a little oil.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I guess you had better marry a strict man who will motivate you in those areas.

Strictness isn’t needed. I have definite boundaries in that area. But I appreciate the support and nudge when needed. Men often complain about their partner’s physical changes after the fact. When the situation is out of control. While its my responsibility to maintain my appearance, he shouldn’t watch a train wreck in progress and remain silent.

Maybe the American VO5 Hot Oil is different from the UK VO5 Hot Oil. The product I used was a water based conditioner, but like many conditioners it did contain a little oil.

There is a product line by that name in the States that includes a hot oil treatment. Some apply it to the scalp. My hair doesn’t care for oil or shea butter. They’re too heavy.

~Bella

• Friendly
Reactions: JustSomeBloke
Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

@shineyourlight You can use apple cider vinegar diluted with water for cleansing. It will help with oil build up. I just remembered. :)

~Bella
Ohhh, now THAT is an idea!

I wash my hair every other day to try to help. I'll have to do that, though :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Strictness isn’t needed. I have definite boundaries in that area. But I appreciate the support and nudge when needed. Men often complain about their partner’s physical changes after the fact. When the situation is out of control. While its my responsibility to maintain my appearance, he shouldn’t watch a train wreck in progress and remain silent.

There is a product line by that name in the States that includes a hot oil treatment. Some apply it to the scalp. My hair doesn’t care for oil or shea butter. They’re too heavy.

~Bella
Way to Go Bella! :)
Ronit

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I need to try this! I tend to have oily hair. Does the shampoo work for that, too? I can never seem to find a good shampoo for oily hair.
Hey Girlie, What's up?
I just fell in Love...
With Mario Badescu Products once again :)
Have you checked out Christen Dominique on Youtube?
I love her she is so great :)
Best Wishes
Ronit

Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey Girlie, What's up?
I just fell in Love...
With Mario Badescu Products once again :)
Have you checked out Christen Dominique on Youtube?
I love her she is so great :)
Best Wishes
Ronit
I did buy new shampoo! I haven't checked her out! I don't really follow any beauty gurus on YouTube! I'll have to check her out!

What does she usually talk about?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I did buy new shampoo! I haven't checked her out! I don't really follow any beauty gurus on YouTube! I'll have to check her out!

What does she usually talk about?
Her own brand of make up. Plus she tries on make up styles like American vs European, Middle Eastern vs Asian styles. I really enjoy her. :) I favor the natural looking European style. very natural but building up the eyes and lips. :) Minimalist is More ! :)

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@JustSomeBloke

I’m trying a new product line. It arrives today. All organic with great reviews. I’ll see how it goes. :)

~Bella
Always read the ingredients label, and make sure you know what everything is. While shopping for hair conditioner I went to my local health foods shop, and looked at a range branded 'Dr. Organic'. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that a brand with 'Organic' in its name contained phenoxyethanol.

This one by Mielle has phenoxyethanol in it too, but maybe you're OK with preservatives. I don't like those kinds of additives, and I suspect that they are used mainly to extend shelf life, so that the manufacturer/brand don't have to worry about how long a batch takes to sell.

I've gone back to Jojoba Oil. It works well for me, it doesn't make my hair look oily, and it's very cheap. A few drops when my hair is still wet/damp works wonders. I just put it on my palms, rub my hands together, apply it to my hair, then comb it through. Result is soft tangle-free, glossy hair. If you want scent you can add a tiny bit of essential oil.

Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
After reading some of your posts (here's looking at you @JustSomeBloke, @Ronit, and @LaBèlla), do you wash your hair/beard every day?

I have found a HUGE difference when I stopped washing my hair every day. I shower every day, but I wash my hair every other day, and it has made a huge difference and I am pretty happy about it.

We might have already talked about this, honestly. But, I also haven't been on for maybe a month and a half and my memory is going terrible. :)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
This one by Mielle has phenoxyethanol in it too, but maybe you're OK with preservatives.

We lead an eco-friendly lifestyle and have a green home. My first priority is what I consume. While I’m not a fan of preservatives I’m more concerned about eating them than having it on my hair. Its a minor compromise in light of my diet and the natural products I make at home. The shelf life for beauty items is short. Homemade products rarely last beyond a month unless they’re refrigerated. :)

@shineyourlight No, I don’t shampoo my hair every day. Once per week suffices. I’m not out in the sun and I don’t sweat a lot.

~Bella

Upvote 0