Creationist stating the obvious with atheists - seeking common ground. Creationists welcomed

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Some details on origins are the same for certain Creationists and atheists - namely

1. There was a time when Earth had no life on it.
2. Today earth has a lot of diversity of life on it.

I am looking for literal 7 day Creationists who will agree with the two points above and join me on my thread over on the C-vs-E area where I am discussing the obvious points with atheist evolutionist. (there are one or two T.E's there as well but mostly the discussion is focused on the Atheist position vs Creationist)

And on page one of the thread you will see "details" that point to creationism being "the right answer" in this thread I started on the C-vs-E forum --> CF Dec 29, 2020 #1

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1:
And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day

Yes there was a period on the third day when there was no life on the arth, but how long as that period?
An hour, a couple of hours?
Agreeing that there was a period when there was no life on the earth is pointless.

The only point to be made is do they agree there is a God?
Then find out what is stopping them from believing in him.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1:
And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day

Yes there was a period on the third day when there was no life on the arth, but how long as that period?
An hour, a couple of hours?
Agreeing that there was a period when there was no life on the earth is pointless.

Not pointless because of Romans 1.

Agreeing that there was a period when there was no life on the earth - and now it has life - means that one has to confront the two options head one.

1. Either rocks, gas, dust "are really talented" to come up with "a horse" over time.
2. Or infinite God did it.

The more stark the contrast... the better.

Because in John 16 like-it-or-not the Holy Spirit convicts all mankind of truth -- even in the case of an atheist.

Upvote 0