Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't think there is a reasonable, scriptural approach to dividing up the entire law (the 10 plus the 603)
into what we keep for today and what we don't.
You mean what you and other Sunday keepers do. I don't think it is reasonable at all.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's an interesting way to look at it. Please give an example of me tossing out God's law, if you wish :heart:

Exodus 20: 8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

How is it you think human beings can bless and hallow anything? Only God is capable of doing that.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exodus 20: 8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
How is it you think human beings can bless and hallow anything?
Well, in the sense that you're using it, they probably can't. What leads you to believe that I think they can?

Only God is capable of doing that.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, in the sense that you're using it, they probably can't. What leads you to believe that I think they can?
Because you keep Sunday. Even the RCC admits there is no scriptural evidence for keeping Sunday.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have used the word all from the very beginning. It's you that keeps changing the meaning of all to some. I'm not responsible for your actions. I still ask you have all the Biblical prophecies been fulfilled? If not God's law has not been done away with.
I was not discussing "all' of the Biblical prophecies. I was discussing the OT prophecies concerning Jesus' first appearing. Have a good day.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was not discussing "all' of the Biblical prophecies. I was discussing the OT prophecies concerning Jesus' first appearing. Have a good day.
I know you refused to do that and I have a pretty good idea as to why.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because you keep Sunday.
Not true, I keep all days alike. Saturday afternoon is actually one of my favorite times to go to church, just because of how the week is laid out :)

Even the RCC admits there is no scriptural evidence for keeping Sunday.
The Catholic Church ("Roman" is a pejorative, though not everyone uses it that way) sees itself as the visible body of Christ on Earth. It has the same authority as Christ, since it is Christ on Earth.

When it's leaders gather for the purpose of deciding doctrine (an ecumenical council), it's decisions are guaranteed by the Holy Spirit

Its leaders are the valid interpreters of scripture, since their eyes are opened.

That's the Catholic view of the Church, as I understand it. I'm not sure about it, myself.

The Catholic Church says every Sunday is a holy day of obligation, meaning you must attend Mass. I don't follow this practice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Not true, I keep all days alike. Saturday afternoon is actually one of my favorite times to go to church, just because of how the week is laid out :)

The Catholic Church ("Roman" is a pejorative, though not everyone uses it that way) sees itself as the visible body of Christ on Earth. It has the same authority as Christ, since it is Christ on Earth.

When it's leaders gather for the purpose of deciding doctrine (an ecumenical council), it's decisions are guaranteed by the Holy Spirit

Its leaders are the valid interpreters of scripture, since their eyes are opened.

That's the Catholic view of the Church, as I understand it. I'm not sure about it, myself.

The Catholic Church says every Sunday is a holy day of obligation, meaning you must attend Mass. I don't follow this practice.
Really? The Holy Spirit "guarantees" the decisions of sinful men especially when there is no Biblical mandate for their decision? So humans can make things holy. I find that a very strange idea.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really? The Holy Spirit "guarantees" the decisions of sinful men...
The Catholic view, as I understand it, is that the Holy Spirit guides the decisions of those sinful but earnest men, such that the decision arrived at is the one wanted by the Holy Spirit.

...especially when there is no Biblical mandate for their decision?
I believe Catholics see several mandates, this is one

The binding and loosing includes the authority to interpret scripture.

So humans can make things holy. I find that a very strange idea.
Well, Christ on Earth, can make things holy. And the church is his body, Christ on Earth.

That's the Catholic view, again as I understand it.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Catholic view, as I understand it, is that the Holy Spirit guides the decisions of those sinful but earnest men, such that the decision arrived at is the one wanted by the Holy Spirit.

I believe Catholics see several mandates, this is one

The binding and loosing includes the authority to interpret scripture.

Well, Christ on Earth, can make things holy. And the church is his body, Christ on Earth.

That's the Catholic view, again as I understand it.
So you believe in Catholic traditions. Our positions are farther apart than ever.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, I specifically made these statements

############
Sorry about that. I assumed to much. So then why follow the Catholic church's change of the Sabbath as this was done early in the history of Christianity?

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, I don't, actually.
Huh? You're a Sunday keeper and the Catholic church says they changed the Sabbath to the first day of the week. You worship on the day they changed the Sabbath to.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, I'm not. Earlier, I wrote this

#############

I worship every day.
OK. Whatever, our positions are just so far apart it's just impossible to come to any understanding so with this I'll stop interrupting you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0