Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's why I conclude that the entire law has been fulfilled, as Jesus said he came to do

No, the scriptures tell me that the entire law is fulfilled.

We can use the phrase "whole law" instead of "entire law", if you wish.

I praise the Lord for it!

And so it was.

Not at all.

No, we are justified by God's grace. We are all learning and growing.

I believe you are drawing conclusions that are not necessary conclusions.

You would be better off dealing with his law in a consistent fashion, I believe :heart:

We are all learning and growing. It was the same with Apollos. He was doing his best. No doubt he earnestly loved God and God accepted him. There were things he could learn
I do deal with the law in a consistent fashion. I asked what you thought as you don't keep the Sabbath. Just how do you think God sees Sabbath keepers? Like the Pharisees? Like the people who killed Jesus?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do deal with the law in a consistent fashion.
Great! Then let's talk about the law, if you wish.

Does the following passage contain a dietary law?

I believe our most recent exchange on the subject arrived at this place
Do you have deacons inspecting people as they come in to see if they have an "issue"? Neither do we.. It's ridiculous.

I agree. That's why I was asking if it was a dietary law.

Is it a dietary law? If so, how do you and the people around you put it into practice?

End of recent exchange
##########

I asked what you thought as you don't keep the Sabbath. Just how do you think God sees Sabbath keepers? Like the Pharisees? Like the people who killed Jesus?
(To be continued...)

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do deal with the law in a consistent fashion.
I asked what you thought as you don't keep the Sabbath. Just how do you think God sees Sabbath keepers? Like the Pharisees? Like the people who killed Jesus?
I think God sees all believers as pretty much the same; we are all learning and growing.

Here's a thing I like to focus on

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think God sees all believers as pretty much the same; we are all learning and growing.

Here's a thing I like to focus on
So you refuse to answer my question and instead attempt to pressure me into discussing what I said I will not discuss because of the vast gulf between our positions. I find that extremely sad.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you refuse to answer my question...
I thought I did answer your question, I believe God sees all believers as pretty much the same. He sees both Sabbath keepers and non Sabbath keepers as people with partial knowledge.

Do you want me to go into more detail?

...and instead attempt to pressure me into discussing what I said I will not discuss because of the vast gulf between our positions. I find that extremely sad.
It's always up to you, my friend :heart:

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I thought I did answer your question, I believe God sees all believers as pretty much the same. He sees both Sabbath keepers and non Sabbath keepers as people with partial knowledge.

Do you want me to go into more detail?

It's always up to you, my friend :heart:
So you consider my questions answered?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you consider my questions answered?

As far as I understood your questions, yes. They appeared to me to be the same question restated several times. Do you want me to go through that post #322 line by line?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As far as I understood your questions, yes. They appeared to me to be the same question restated several times. Do you want me to go through that post #322 line by line?
So does God consider me a Pharisee like the people who killed Jesus?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why is that? You don't want to say what you really think?
I think you do not know of any prophecies that have not been fulfilled in Daniel about Jesus' first appearance on earth. That is what we were discussing. Twice, you did not answer my question regarding this topic. So continuing with our discussion would be fruitless for both of us.

And now you know what I really think! :)

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think you do not know of any prophecies that have not been fulfilled in Daniel about Jesus' first appearance on earth. That is what we were discussing. Twice, you did not answer my question regarding this topic. So continuing with our discussion would be fruitless for both of us.

And now you know what I really think! :)
I know what you think. I know you also misunderstand me. All prophecies are not limited to Jesus' first coming. Odd how you keep interpreting all to mean some.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know what you think. I know you also misunderstand me. All prophecies are not limited to Jesus' first coming. Odd how you keep interpreting all to mean some.
I was discussing with you the prophecies about Jesus that were written in the Old Testament. I was not intending to discuss with you the prophecies that were written about Jesus in the New Testament. :)

Concerning the Psalms, the Prophets, and the Law of Moses, Jesus used the word "everything" in Luke 24:44.
(see the verse below) I do think "everything" means "all". I don't know if there are any prophecies written about Jesus that were not fulfilled by His first appearing. If there is one or more unfulfilled prophecies in the OT about Jesus concerning His second appearing at the end of time, we can say that some of the OT prophecies were fulfilled by His first appearance and we are still awaiting the fulfillment of the prophecies concerning His second and final appearing. I don't know the answer to this. Do you?

Luke 16:16 “The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone takes vigorous steps to enter it.

Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything
(all) must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

I ask you for the third time: What prophecies about Jesus in the Law, the Prophets, and the Psalms were not fulfilled by Jesus' birth, ministry, death, and resurrection? If you cannot answer this question or choose to not answer this question, our discussion about this topic is ended.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was discussing with you the prophecies about Jesus that were written in the Old Testament. I was not intending to discuss with you the prophecies that were written about Jesus in the New Testament. :)

Concerning the Psalms, the Prophets, and the Law of Moses, Jesus used the word "everything" in Luke 24:44.
(see the verse below) I do think "everything" means "all". I don't know if there are any prophecies written about Jesus that were not fulfilled by His first appearing. If there is one or more unfulfilled prophecies in the OT about Jesus concerning His second appearing at the end of time, we can say that some of the OT prophecies were fulfilled by His first appearance and we are still awaiting the fulfillment of the prophecies concerning His second and final appearing. I don't know the answer to this. Do you?

Luke 16:16 “The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone takes vigorous steps to enter it.

Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything
(all) must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

I ask you for the third time: What prophecies about Jesus in the Law, the Prophets, and the Psalms were not fulfilled by Jesus' birth, ministry, death, and resurrection? If you cannot answer this question or choose to not answer this question, our discussion about this topic is ended.
I have used the word all from the very beginning. It's you that keeps changing the meaning of all to some. I'm not responsible for your actions. I still ask you have all the Biblical prophecies been fulfilled? If not God's law has not been done away with.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think there is a reasonable, scriptural approach to dividing up the entire law (the 10 plus the 603)
into what we keep for today and what we don't.

Upvote 0