Creation Man:Not Monkey

A4C

Secrecy and Christ likeness cannot co-exist
Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
nvxplorer said:
Well, this doesn't address my point, but let me elaborate.

The Hubble telescope has observed galaxies which are hundreds of millions of light years away. That means the light has been travelling much longer than 6000 years. What you are claiming is sacrilegious. You see, Jesus said "I am the light," and you want to claim he's been travelling far shorter than he actually has been.
Jesus reference to Him being light of the world (Joh 9:5) and other references to those who believe on Him are referring to "spiritual light" and has nothing to do with specific wavelengths of energy.
As for the time taken for light to reach earth from distance galaxies , are you aware that God can creat things with the appearence of age? Was Adam an adult at his creation? How about the trees in the garden. Do you think they may have had annular rings from the beginning?
Are these questions necessary ? If you think so perhaps you can ask the question directly as you give account of your life.

Upvote 0

pantsman52

Senior Veteran
Dec 29, 2003
Fairfield
✟4,755.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
A4C said:
Jesus reference to Him being light of the world (Joh 9:5) and other references to those who believe on Him are referring to "spiritual light" and has nothing to do with specific wavelengths of energy.
As for the time taken for light to reach earth from distance galaxies , are you aware that God can creat things with the appearence of age? Was Adam an adult at his creation? How about the trees in the garden. Do you think they may have had annular rings from the beginning?
Are these questions necessary ? If you think so perhaps you can ask the question directly as you give account of your life.

So god made the universe look old? Isn't that a bit deceptive?

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
A4C said:
Nah. You're wrong. God is energy. God is light. You do realize all your life functions originate from light energy? God gave you life. It's pretty basic, really.
The "God is fooling us" defense. I love this one. If God is tricking us, why should I believe an ancient man made script?

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
BeamMeUpScotty said:
I don' think you're at all qualified to know what my grandmother did or didn't appreciate, even if you did use the qualifying "perhaps". Even if she believed in a literal hell, she would think the manner in which you expressed yourself could have been done differently without using profanity. Again, I was just expressing amusement of the irony of your word choice in that many Christians wouldn't feel the same way you do. Maybe this is a thread for GA?

[Jack Nicholson]You can't handle the truth[/Jack Nicholson]:cool:

Tell your grandmother that I am sorry if I offended her

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
nvxplorer said:
Nah. You're wrong. God is energy. God is light. You do realize all your life functions originate from light energy? God gave you life. It's pretty basic, really.

The "God is fooling us" defense. I love this one. If God is tricking us, why should I believe an ancient man made script?

God is not tricking us
He would be if He ceated the universe in six days put the stars there and told us we would have to live a million years before we saw them then destroyed everything after 7000 years (a promise yet to happen) and then say
"Well did you like looking at the stars?"
C'mon get real
God could not have made things better than He did. If you think so are you assuming the role ?

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
A4C said:
God is not tricking us
He would be if he ceated the universe in six days put the stars there and told us we would have to live a million years before we saw them then destroyed everything after 7000 years (a promise yet to happen) and then say
"Well did you like looking at the stars?"
C'mon get real
God could not have made things better than He did. If you think so are you assuming the role ?
Translation, please?

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
A4C said:
What can't you understand Have you ever read a Bible ?
I didn't understand your argument as a reply to my post.

I was talking about God being energy.

You said he was deceptive (making things look old which are young).

Reread your reply and reword it, if you would.

Upvote 0

coolstylinstud

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
✟9,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How can you know whether or not I am truly happy?

Are you truly happy? I dont mean you say yeah im happy most of the time. I mean you wake up in the morning thinking im happy to be alive.I know i do Because i know there is always a god watching over me. Now im not saying i dont get mad or i dont have a bad day im just saying i am truly happy

Upvote 0

pantsman52

Senior Veteran
Dec 29, 2003
Fairfield
✟4,755.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
coolstylinstud said:
Are you truly happy? I dont mean you say yeah im happy most of the time. I mean you wake up in the morning thinking im happy to be alive.I know i do Because i know there is always a god watching over me. Now im not saying i dont get mad or i dont have a bad day im just saying i am truly happy

I'm not seeing a difference. You have good and bad days just like anyone else, but the only thing that makes you different is that you have something to lean on thats a step up from an imaginary friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coolstylinstud

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
✟9,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not seeing a difference. You have good and bad days just like anyone else, but the only thing that makes you different is that you have something to lean on thats a step up from an imaginary friend.

Yeah but i wake up every morning thinking that this will be a great day.

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
nvxplorer said:
I didn't understand your argument as a reply to my post.

I was talking about God being energy.

You said he was deceptive (making things look old which are young).

Reread your reply and reword it, if you would.
I was explaining that in no way was God tricking us but what a "trick" it would be if He created stars but never enabled us to see them.

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
A4C said:
I was explaining that in no way was God tricking us but what a "trick" it would be if He created stars but never enabled us to see them.
If I introduced you to my mother, and told you she was three years old, would I be deceiving you?

You are claiming this is exactly what God is doing. How is that not deceit?

And what are you talking about; "creating stars and never letting us see them?" There are stars. Billions of them. We do see them. What is your point?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ryal Kane

Senior Veteran
Apr 21, 2004
Hamilton
✟13,720.00
Faith
Atheist
Okay. The thread has got a little off topic so I'll go back to the OP.

coolstylinstud said:
1.If we did evolve from monkeys then how come babies arent born monkeys

This question seems to demonstrate that you don't know what evolution is.

What you are asking about is commonly referred to as 'A Straw Man'
This is when a false representation of something is set up and then knocked down. Humans giving birth to monkeys and monkeys giving birth to humans are both Straw Men. Evolution does not say this happens.
The idea you are opposed to is something that no one believes happens.

coolstylinstud said:
2.Even Darwin said his theories were wrong before he died so why do you still believe them

This is refered to as the Lady Hope story. Even Creationist organizations accept that this is a false story.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v18/i1/darwin_recant.asp

coolstylinstud said:
3.do you really not believe the bible it says we were created in seven days not millions of years

I do not believe that the world was created in seven days only 6000 years ago. It may amaze you, but the majority of Christians don't believe in seven day creation either. Disbelief in a literal Genesis is not disbelief in Christianity.
coolstylinstud said:
4.how come we cant speak monkey
Well humans learn to speak as they grow. I'm not sure, but perhaps if a human infant was raised among apes then they would speak monkey :eek:

You may have been confused by some of the above posts and I think I should clarify. Homo sapien sapiens, the human species is by definition a type of ape. At some point in the past, modern humans and modern monkeys, had a common ancestor. Over millions of years they drifted apart into different species.

If you are genuinely interested in lerning what evolution really is, then these boards may offer answers to your questions. And, at the risk of sounding derisive, it is unlikely that you're going to ask a question which hasn;t been answered here before.

Upvote 0