A4C

Secrecy and Christ likeness cannot co-exist
Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
coolstylinstud said:
1.If we did evolve from monkeys then how come babies arent born monkeys

I agree it is surprising that genetics shows that there are "throw backs" to our heredity but in the case of monkeys it doesn't seem to happen (not even a "transitional" do we see )
Perhaps we didn't evolve at all. I wonder if that has ever been considered? ;)

Upvote 0

coolstylinstud

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
✟9,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree it is surprising that genetics shows that there are "throw backs" to our heredity but in the case of monkeys it doesn't seem to happen (not even a "transitional" do we see )
Perhaps we didn't evolve at all. I wonder if that has ever been considered?

I dont beleive in evoltion i was just making a point (not to sound mean)

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Nathan Poe said:
Or maybe it'll galvanize his persecution complex. The last thing we need is another Creationist martyr: "Jesus said you'd hate me, so I must be right."

Possibly, but there's hope. People change.

I remember I first de-converted to atheism when I wasn't much older than him, I was sort of "evangelical" in my dealing with other people--"how can't you not believe". I'm sure I was annoying as anything. Time mellowed me, and now I don't really bother people in their personal lives. Of course the fact that I live in a country which is about 95% defacto atheists is another factor.

Passion is common in the young. Learning how to control and utilize it effectively comes with wisdom.

Upvote 0

coolstylinstud

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
✟9,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I remember I first de-converted to atheism when I wasn't much older than him, I was sort of "evangelical" in my dealing with other people--"how can't you not believe". I'm sure I was annoying as anything. Time mellowed me, and now I don't really bother people in their personal lives. Of course the fact that I live in a country which is about 95% defacto atheists is another factor.

Passion is common in the young. Learning how to control and utilize it effectively comes with wisdom

Ok thats enough about me being young please stop i am a teenager just like you exept im a christian

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
BeamMeUpScotty said:

Passion is common in the young. Learning how to control and utilize it effectively comes with wisdom.
I really can't relate to it myself. Going to a Catholic grade school that discussed evolution has a lot to do with it. I don't know if it was the times, the geographic area, or a combination of both, but there wasn't any opposition to evolution. There was a small clique of "Jesus freaks" in high school, but they were just religious hippies. Peace and love was their message; I doubt the subject of evolution ever entered their minds.

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
coolstylinstud said:
Why is it when i dont beleive your beleifs im a stupid, arrogant, immature 14 year old but when you dont beleive my beleifs you are scholars and genuisis you are being just as arrogant as me

Again, I don't believe anyone called you personally stupid, but rather your posts. I could be wrong, though, and I'll be willing to admit it if you point it out.

Also, people have presented evidence and answered your questions and you out-of-hand dismiss them without any consideration. And at this point in your intellectual development, you've shown a quite substantial lack of knowledge concerning science and evolution. This can be overcome.

Also, as an EFL teacher, I have many students who are able to compose much more coherent and well-structured sentences (technically you aren't really writing sentences). Do not take this as an attack, I'm simply pointing it out. Writing such as yours does not mean you aren't intelligent, it just means you haven't yet learned to write well. This too can be overcome.

I don't think I'm a genius, but I have had a few more life-experiences and a lot more formal education than you. If you start to write in a coherent fashion and respond to evidence in a more dignified and informed manner, you'll find a lot more respect on a science-based discussion board.

Cheers

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Self Improvement

Jun 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
✟2,258.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The fact is everyone knows that there is more out there. Wether you sense it or not but there is a god watching you a god that loves you and that wants you to be part of his family.
I wish it were true. It just aint so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
coolstylinstud said:
The fact is everyone knows that there is more out there. Wether you sense it or not but there is a god watching you a god that loves you and that wants you to be part of his family.

Well, you're entitled to your beliefs, but I have yet to see any evidence for a god.

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
coolstylinstud said:
That's fine. No one is questioning your faith. It's your literal interpretation of Genesis that is mis-informed.

Many (dare I say most) Christians have no difficulty learning evolution without losing their faith.

Upvote 0

coolstylinstud

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
✟9,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's fine. No one is questioning your faith. It's your literal interpretation of Genesis that is mis-informed.

Many (dare I say most) Christians have no difficulty learning evolution without losing their faith

Ok but i just happen to think that genesis is literal. Im sorry if i came off as questioning peoples beleifs

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
coolstylinstud said:

Please take this in the constructive spirit it is meant. Part of the problem is the lack of logic in your posts. You state the "fact" is "everyone" knows. Well, obviously this is not so, hence so many atheists/agnostics on this board (I technically consider myself an agnostic, as I realize I can neither prove nor disprove the existence of god(s), but I "have faith" there are no gods). Thus it is not a "fact".

Next problem, "more" of what and where is "there"? Here the problem is vagueness. You need to be more specific in your claims and examples. On a show like the X-Files they use "the truth is out there" to be purposely vague, but that's a literary device and is used properly.

I won't go into your next sentence as I'll let you digest this lesson.

/edited for spelling error--see we all make mistakes.;)

Upvote 0