coolstylinstud

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
✟9,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How can anyone beleive we evolved from monkeys heres a few questions for people who beleive that

1.If we did evolve from monkeys then how come babies arent born monkeys

2.Even Darwin said his theories were wrong before he died so why do you still believe them

3.do you really not believe the bible it says we were created in seven days not millions of years

4.how come we cant speak monkey

Just for a fact ape like creatures are monkeys Just in case certain people get on this thread

• Haha
Reactions: Tone

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
coolstylinstud said:
How can anyone beleive we evolved from monkeys heres a few questions for people who beleive that

Obviously you don't have kids. The resemblence (at least in terms of behavior) is uncanny.

2.Even Darwin said his theories were wrong before he died so why do you still believe them

This is false.

3.do you really not believe the bible it says we were created in seven days not millions of years

Nope. The Genesis story is an allegory for sin.

How come I can't speak Chinese?

Thank you for reminding me not only why I visit this board, but why I've chosen a career in education. :wave:

• Haha
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

revolutio

Apatheist Extraordinaire
Aug 3, 2003
R'lyeh
Visit site
✟6,762.00
Faith
Atheist
coolstylinstud said:
Because we evolved from monkeys. :)

Nietzsche also went completely off his rocker before he died.

Little icons by people's fictional names on the internet never lie.

Just for a fact ape like creatures are monkeys Just in case certain people get on this thread
THERE'S A SPOON IN MY EAR!

Upvote 0

maha

Jun 17, 2005
✟351.00
Faith
Other Religion
Just reading the title of this thread I knew it would be a juicy one. Then I clicked on it...I was right! I shall answer these questions with a corresponding level of intellect that was used to concoct them.

Monkey babies are born monkeys.

Really? Darwin said, "My theories are wrong." I guess he was wrong then in making that statement, because many of his theories have been proven correct.

Yes. I really don't believe in the bible...especially because it said we were created in seven days.

Because "monkey" is not a language, it is an animal.

Having answered these questions, I somehow feel as though I have been taken for a ride...Hmmm.

Upvote 0

Nymphalidae

Jun 16, 2005
not telling
✟9,913.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
coolstylinstud said:

Is this a joke?

Upvote 0

Self Improvement

Jun 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
✟2,258.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
coolstylinstud said:

Roflcopter.gif
ROFLCOPTER ROFLROFLROFLRLFROLLFLOLOLLLOLOLOLZ!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LordoftheScythe

May 24, 2005
✟165.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
coolstylinstud said:

Heh, a 14yo with a SN "coolstylinstud." Interesting...

First off, we have a common ancestor with monkeys, so no, we didn't evolve from monkeys. You may not know it, but there are actually some people born with nearly their entire body covered in dark hair and some born with tails.

1) I don't understand this question. Why would we be born a monkey?

2) The Pope denied god's existence on his death bed. Don't believe me? Perhaps it was just a rumour..

3) As a kid, I am sure it seems strange that people don't believe the bible or interpret it the same way that your parents do. I remember being young and never questioning things my parents did.. well, until high school. The bible was written by men, so I have to question it.

4) Were you born knowing how to speak english? Many things are passed down by knowledge, not genetics, language being one of them. Take an american baby and put them in China with chinese parents and they will have no problem learning Chinese. Monkeys lack a certain region of the brain that allows for spoken language but we can still teach them sign language; they are still very smart. If you think about it, we can "speak" to a lot of different animals when we train them.

One important thing to remember is that Evolution does not equal atheism. It just means that certain interpretations of the bible cannot be taken literally. It is OK to question things.

Upvote 0

coolstylinstud

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
✟9,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1) I don't understand this question. Why would we be born a monkey

1.Because we supposibly evolved from monkeys so our kids would have to evolve

2) The Pope denied god's existence on his death bed. Don't believe me? Perhaps it was just a rumour..

Yes it was just a rumor it just shows some people will do anything to get people away from god

3) As a kid, I am sure it seems strange that people don't believe the bible or interpret it the same way that your parents do. I remember being young and never questioning things my parents did.. well, until high school. The bible was written by men, so I have to question it

1.First off im not a kid im a teenager just like you and second off it seems stupid not wierd that people are questioning the bible and third the bible was written by man inspired by god

Upvote 0

alerj123

Jun 11, 2005
✟832.00
Faith
Atheist
quot-top-left.gif
Quote:
quot-top-right.gif

quot-top-right-10.gif

1) I don't understand this question. Why would we be born a monkey
quot-bot-left.gif

quot-bot-right.gif

1.Because we supposibly evolved from monkeys so our kids would have to evolve

Individuals don't evolve, populations do. Im not sure im understanding you, do you think that the theroy of evolution is that people are born monkeys then change to humans?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aron-Ra

Senior Veteran
Jul 3, 2004
Deep in the heart of the Bible belt
Visit site
✟14,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
coolstylinstud said:

They are. Humans are a subset of Old World monkeys, infraorder Catarrhini. You can't define monkeys by all the characters shared by all of them without describing humans too.
Because he didn't say that. Even if he did, many of his theories have since been proven right.
I don't believe anything in any book that talks about magic spells and talking animals.
We do. It just depends which kind of monkey you're talking about.
There are hundreds of species of monkey. They fall into two subsets, Old World and New World. Apes are a subset of Old World monkeys. Hominines, (upright walkers) are a subset of the Great Apes, and humans are a subset of Hominini. Hence humans are apes and apes are monkeys. Humans are monkeys.

Upvote 0