Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Indeed I do.

Do you realize how selfish your quest is? You've been very open about admitting that your efforts have not converted anyone (and may have pushed others away.) Seems like you're really just serving yourself here.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you realize how selfish your quest is? You've been very open about admitting that your efforts have not converted anyone (and may have pushed others away.) Seems like you're really just serving yourself here.

Do you realize how responding to him just feeds his narcissism?

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Do you realize how responding to him just feeds his narcissism?

In several threads, you've complained about people responding to AV. Does it really matter that we reply to him? Sure, he might gain more of a sense of superiority over it but so what...he's a lost cause anyway. Might as well put on a show for the lurkers. It's kind of fun to push AV to say ridiculous things, in all honesty.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
In several threads, you've complained about people responding to AV. Does it really matter that we reply to him? Sure, he might gain more of a sense of superiority over it but so what...he's a lost cause anyway. Might as well put on a show for the lurkers. It's kind of fun to push AV to say ridiculous things, in all honesty.

I remember when this forum was a place where actual discussions took place. If you want to help it continue to be AV's personal 4chan, so be it. But I'll continue to voice my opinion on the subject.

Upvote 0

hillard

Oct 24, 2010
✟533.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Like: "Jesus walked on water"?

Can't observe it, can't test it... didn't happen. Isn't that the mantra you guys recite about "macro" evolution?
Only creationists are allowed that mantra because without it they would have nothing, they are starting from such a low point it's only fair that they should be allowed to at least try and lift themselves up even if it's only a little.

I sometimes try to imagine what it must be like to have had my head filled with religious rubbish and then spend the rest of my time defending that rubbish, I will be eternally grateful to my parents for not putting me in that ridiculous position.

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
I remember when this forum was a place where actual discussions took place. If you want to help it continue to be AV's personal 4chan, so be it. But I'll continue to voice my opinion on the subject.

I hear you there. But AV is never going to go away, even if people stop giving him attention. He has demonstrated that he's perfectly fine with have one-sided conversations.

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
I hear you there. But AV is never going to go away, even if people stop giving him attention. He has demonstrated that he's perfectly fine with have one-sided conversations.

It would be nice if there could be just one thread, a whole section maybe that is just all avocet all the time instead of you guys letting him dominate every thread.

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
It would be nice if there could be just one thread, a whole section maybe that is just all avocet all the time instead of you guys letting him dominate every thread.

But really, it goes the same way for every thread. A topic is brought up, all the pro-science people chime in with their clever insights, then some Creationist shows up. The Creationist starts a bunch of bickering and by the end of it everyone is like "stop feeding the Creationist troll". Doesn't matter who the Creationist is...AV, Greg, Dad, Research1, Doveaman, etc. It all ends the same way. This is just the way arguing with Creationists is...it gets really stupid and pointless about 1 page into the discussion. All of the Creationists here are trolls...if you want to post at a place where there aren't any, there are plenty of other forums.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DontTreadOnMike

Eddaic Literalist
Jan 28, 2010
✟16,936.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How can anyone beleive we evolved from monkeys heres a few questions for people who beleive that

1.If we did evolve from monkeys then how come babies arent born monkeys

If America came from Britain, how come your kids aren't born British citizens? Why do poodles not give birth to wolves?

2.Even Darwin said his theories were wrong before he died so why do you still believe them
No he didn't. And even if he had (again, he didn't) that wouldn't matter. Unlike religion, evolutionary theory is not a cult of personality. People don't believe in evolution because Darwin said so, they accept it because it's evidently true. Einstein could have denounced general relativity on his death bed, but he would have been wrong.

3.do you really not believe the bible it says we were created in seven days not millions of years
Yes, I really do not believe the Bible.

4.how come we cant speak monkey
Because monkeys can't speak.

Why can't you read Beowulf in the original Old Englisc?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
...if you want to post at a place where there aren't any, there are plenty of other forums.

I hate to play this card since I do appreciate your contributions to C&E and GbtG's antivax threads, but isn't it a bit presumtuous for someone who has been a member here for 4 months to be telling people who have been here for years to find another sandbox to play in?

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
How can anyone beleive we evolved from monkeys heres a few questions for people who beleive that

1.If we did evolve from monkeys then how come babies arent born monkeys

2.Even Darwin said his theories were wrong before he died so why do you still believe them

3.do you really not believe the bible it says we were created in seven days not millions of years

4.how come we cant speak monkey

Just for a fact ape like creatures are monkeys Just in case certain people get on this thread

Are you aware that they are making parodies of this?

*There are others here: What in the world...?

Last edited:
Upvote 0