Atheist
Upvote 0

alerj123

Jun 11, 2005
✟832.00
Faith
Atheist
And you really need to understand my beliefs before rejecting them

First, i think i do understand your beliefs. You believe in the literal translation of the bible is that right?

Second, this comment is completely off topic. We aren't talking about YOUR beliefs, we are talking about evolution. you stated that evolution COULD not happen and you demonstrated some ignorance about the subject. We are trying to show you why your rejections of the theroy are unfounded.

Upvote 0

coolstylinstud

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
✟9,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First, i think i do understand your beliefs. You believe in the literal translation of the bible is that right?

Second, this comment is completely off topic. We aren't talking about YOUR beliefs, we are talking about evolution. you stated that evolution COULD not happen and you demonstrated some ignorance about the subject. We are trying to show you why your rejections of the theroy are unfounded.

My beleifs go against evolution so i think it is on subject

Upvote 0

coolstylinstud

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
✟9,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The subject of this thread were the questions you asked. they were answered, then you asked me what evolution was. I gave you an article, did you read it? Your further comment was unneccesary and off topic.

Yes i did but it doesnt matter i have faith that what the bible says is true so unless you can show me biblical evidence that we evolved then i wont beleive you

Upvote 0

Electric Sceptic

Dec 4, 2004
✟3,622.00
Faith
Atheist
coolstylinstud said:
Yes i did but it doesnt matter i have faith that what the bible says is true so unless you can show me biblical evidence that we evolved then i wont beleive you
That's the spirit! Start a thread and show a complete ignorance of evolution, science, and history, and demonstrate that you haven't done the slightest research to actually find out about the subject. Then, when your opponents are still reeling, tell them that whatever evidence is produced, you won't believe it anyway because you worship a book.

Way to be a witness for god!

Reactions: xMinionX
Upvote 0

alerj123

Jun 11, 2005
✟832.00
Faith
Atheist

That is fine, I am not going to give you biblical evidence because to me, the bible is a book, and should not be taken as a document of the history of life and the earth. Besides, this is a science thread, not a biblical evidence thread or something like that. You asked questions about the SCIENCE of evolution. Answers were given, now you say you will not believe unless you get BIBLICAL evidence. Because you have already interpreted you bible a certain way, i don't think you'll find any. Plus, does the bible tell you of everthing that is in this world? I don't think it mentions computers yet you are using one right now.

Anyways, unless you wish to discuss evolution and the scientific aspect of it (i wasn't aware there was any other aspect) then this discusion is over.

Upvote 0

Ozymandius

May 15, 2005
✟1,237.00
Faith
Atheist
Electric Sceptic said:
That's the spirit! Start a thread and show a complete ignorance of evolution, science, and history, and demonstrate that you haven't done the slightest research to actually find out about the subject. Then, when your opponents are still reeling, tell them that whatever evidence is produced, you won't believe it anyway because you worship a book.

Way to be a witness for god!

Don't be too harsh on the guy. I was pretty retarded at 14 (not that kind of retarded, thankfully) but I straightened out. Eventually you'll realize there is a whole wide world that doesn't involve the bible or anything in it.

Reactions: Lucretius
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Electric Sceptic

Dec 4, 2004
✟3,622.00
Faith
Atheist
Ozymandius said:
Don't be too harsh on the guy. I was pretty retarded at 14 (not that kind of retarded, thankfully) but I straightened out. Eventually you'll realize there is a whole wide world that doesn't involve the bible or anything in it.
I'm not being hard on him; I'm complimenting him. As an atheist, I feel that anything that turns people away from religion is a good thing. He's doing a wonderful job of turning people away from Christianity.

Upvote 0

Ozymandius

May 15, 2005
✟1,237.00
Faith
Atheist
Electric Sceptic said:
I'm not being hard on him; I'm complimenting him. As an atheist, I feel that anything that turns people away from religion is a good thing. He's doing a wonderful job of turning people away from Christianity.

True. But i'm not convinced that this guy isn't faking it.

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Ozymandius said:

Still hasn't happened for Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson. And they're making way too much money off it to stop any time soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

coolstylinstud

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
✟9,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Dont call me retarted k.and why do you think the world has so many problems because they dont live by gods word (the bible)

Ok i wasnt trying to turn people away from god if anyone took it meanly im sorry

Upvote 0

Nymphalidae

Jun 16, 2005
not telling
✟9,913.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
coolstylinstud said:
No it shouldnt be heavly scrutinized because god did it and god can do anyhting

Oh, that's right. I keep forgetting about the big magical man in the sky who can do anything he wants. So apprently what he wants doesn't include stopping the genocide in Darfur.

Upvote 0

maha

Jun 17, 2005
✟351.00
Faith
Other Religion
Yeah, I remember when I was fourteen and a friend of mine had been brainwashed by his grandparents to believe in God. When he heard me talking so matter-of-factly against it, he got offended. It took him a while to come around, but now, he is as ardent an atheist as I. Eventually, the lies will become meaningless and the truth will become so obvious that even a blind man could see it. There'll always be those that desperately cling to the notion of religion, but many of them will eventually come around to the truth. Hopefully, this misguided young man will be one of the lucky ones that chooses to convert.:wave:

Upvote 0

coolstylinstud

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
✟9,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, I remember when I was fourteen and a friend of mine had been brainwashed by his grandparents to believe in God. When he heard me talking so matter-of-factly against it, he got offended. It took him a while to come around, but now, he is as ardent an atheist as I. Eventually, the lies will become meaningless and the truth will become so obvious that even a blind man could see it. There'll always be those that desperately cling to the notion of religion, but many of them will eventually come around to the truth. Hopefully, this misguided young man will be one of the lucky ones that chooses to convert.

Tell me why you dont beleive in god

Upvote 0