Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just in case you thought I jest.....

View attachment 192374

Dinner tonight....actually not as bad as it looks. Nice brown rice, some chili beans w/ tortilla chips sprinkled on top. I'll get two meals out of this.

Beans and rice is, for a guy who has to cook all his own meals ... rather fast and easy. Boring after a while, but fast.

Fast for the Fast....LOL!!!

actually, that looks pretty durn good

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, Anastasia, that helps. At least you *want* to, and can still fast in a limited way. Maybe fasting can also be like a "two mites" thing. You may not fast a huge amount but there's love and hope behind what you are able to give.
Oh, there are lessons aplenty in finding you CAN'T fast as well, or starting and being forced to stop.

I'm not saying I've been able to accept it with grace, but I suppose I've accepted it. ;)

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
actually, that looks pretty durn good

It is....and for even more fun, there is a boxed shrimp called "Cajun Shrimp" that you simply put in a frying pan, heat till the sauce warms and the shrimp are no longer pink and then eat. I toss them in the rice and beans and it is darn yummy!!!

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Just in case you thought I jest.....

View attachment 192374

Dinner tonight....actually not as bad as it looks. Nice brown rice, some chili beans w/ tortilla chips sprinkled on top. I'll get two meals out of this.

Beans and rice is, for a guy who has to cook all his own meals ... rather fast and easy. Boring after a while, but fast.

Fast for the Fast....LOL!!!
I mentioned in the recipe thread that I have basically three dishes, with variations on each one.
The rice and beans dish, the pasta dish, and 'something potato'.

Your rice and beans looks pretty good to me.

I actually enjoy the simplicity of the fasts.
My challenge is to not overthink it.
When I'm at work, I'll lean on a simple bowl of oatmeal.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,733.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I'm still craving CHEESE :(

No matter how tasty pasta and tomato sauce is [ sometimes heavily garlicky , sometimes with Chili ] I really really miss grated cheese on top.

So far the absence of meat hasn't worried me - but the lack of cheese is really making itself felt.

• Agree
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

Unlearner

Servant of God, Basil
Nov 19, 2016
San Antonio
✟26,233.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

No matter how tasty pasta and tomato sauce is [ sometimes heavily garlicky , sometimes with Chili ] I really really miss grated cheese on top.

So far the absence of meat hasn't worried me - but the lack of cheese is really making itself felt.

I'm with you on that. I'm also seriously missing real dairy half and half with my coffee. I've been going through the different coconut, soy, and almost based alternatives and they're just not the same.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

We (my family) rarely eat out at restaurants except for special occasions.
However, one thing I've noticed is that here (in the US southeast) it's difficult to find anything on a restaurant menu that does not contain a cheese of some sort. This is even more true of 'vegetarian' dishes.
Even when you order the dish without the cheese, it gets delivered with it on it anyway (always awkward).

Upvote 0