Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Several suspected cases of COVID-19 at Copperas Cove church

This is breaking news here in town.

Even though everyone is being asked not to do any needless travel, a local church brought in a guest speaker from out of town.

The speaker and five members of the church have tested positive, and 20 others are symptomatic.

We weren't really affected by COVID, but this could hit "epidemic" status fast since it's a large church.

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
From the article:

"a guest preacher tested positive for COVID-19 after visiting Victory Baptist on Wednesday.

"We minimized his contact with people Wednesday night and he flew home Thursday morning,"​

That's not minimizing his contact with people. Shouldn't he have avoided flying at that time? Maybe isolating in a hotel room & had food left at the door? Flying while knowing he was positive only involved more people.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
From the article:

"a guest preacher tested positive for COVID-19 after visiting Victory Baptist on Wednesday.

"We minimized his contact with people Wednesday night and he flew home Thursday morning,"​

That's not minimizing his contact with people. Shouldn't he have avoided flying at that time? Maybe isolating in a hotel room & had food left at the door? Flying while knowing he was positive only involved more people.

It's a spectacularly selfish and negligent act. Very interested now to know what he was guest speaking on.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's a spectacularly selfish and negligent act. Very interested now to know what he was guest speaking on.
Good point. I went to the church website out of curiosity - it looks like it
was the topic of the Chastening of the Father:

Church website ----->"The Chastening Of The Father | SermonAudio" The Chastening Of The Father

Now, I'm not one to believe God is the creator of all that's wrong in our world....but that does seem a bit ironic.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0