• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

COVID Opinions

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by MorkandMindy, Oct 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+1,561
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    As crude as this may sound, I am happy we are divorced. It took a few months after she said she was filing and we were separated to see that she was slowly killing me. I was on depression medications and I was someone that no one who knew me personally could recognize. We had gone to counseling and she wouldn't listen to the counselor and just did her own thing. She filed for divorce because I couldn't make her happy.

She has a fiance now, that apparently still doesn't make her happy. She now gets over half of my income and that still isn't enough for her. When her family told me to run away a few months into the relationship, I should have listened to them. I didn't.

I am extremely happy now. I was able to no longer take depression medications about six months after we separated. I have a girlfriend again and it's the best relationship I have ever had. Even my family adores her which has never happened.

The verse about God working all things for good is very true!

2. MorkandMindy

MorkandMindy Senior Veteran Supporter

+621
    United States
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm separated in England and I just keep forgetting how different even our fellow capitalist country England/Britain/the UK is from the US when it comes to so many things,

I certainly sympathize over the way the woman gets the money, but beyond that I really don't know anything. Oh, and women don't seem to care about the children in my case and many I've seen.

3. stevil

stevil Godless and without morals

+2,321
    New Zealand
    Atheist
    Private
    When (if) Trump is out of office, he will continue posting on Twitter and his loyal followers will still believe every word he says, and will defy any plea from the new administration to wear masks and social distance.

4. NerdGirl

NerdGirl The untamed daughter

+2,984
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    'Tis the way of diseases. Tests, results, and statistics are always lagging behind. All it takes is someone getting on an airplane and the spread becomes worldwide. I don't think the virus is traveling in unexpected ways.

5. NerdGirl

NerdGirl The untamed daughter

+2,984
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Not everyone with Covid will have a fever.
    You can be infected and contagious for several days before and after having a fever.

6. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,738
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    The numbers tell the story. Whether Trump banned travel from China for all but 40,000 people or not, we have ten times as many cases as almost every other country in the world. 10 times as many.
    10 times. Can you get that through your heads? 10 times. That could not have happened unless our government did a lot less and made a lot more mistakes than other governments. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why we have 9 million cases and 230000 dead.

7. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+1,561
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    The more I argue/debate with people about Covid the more I realize that they just don't care. It's truly sad!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+12,953
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    School openings generally correspond to increases in COVID-19 community transmission, there is enough data that the uncertainty about this issue has been dispelled among epidemiologists.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  9. MorkandMindy

+621
    United States
    Single
    US-Others
    Thank you, that is very informative.

Analytically, I mean without the data but just based on everything else we know, I thought what is happening here is not going to turn out very well, half of the pupils will be in school Monday and Tuesday and a different half Thursday and Friday with school cleaning in between.

That's better than having them all at school at the same time and is an improvement, but the basic plan of spending a two days at school sharing diseases and then five days taking those diseases home is possibly sub-optimal.

10. MorkandMindy

+621
    United States
    Single
    US-Others
    People like it simple, Blue is good Red is bad or Red is good Blue is bad and anything of any actual value is just too complicated.

11. Monksailor

Monksailor Adopted child of God. Supporter

+894
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    My wife and I are in our 4th week since symptoms started. Got from visiting loved one dying with Hospice in lvg rm. Several there including a 63 and 84 yr old had it and were contagious BUT never had symptoms. Also, everyone who gets it, before they know, IF they have symptoms, they are contagious for two days before symptoms arrive.
    We did not know we had been exposed until 5 days afterwards and three days into symptoms which we thought were colds from the cold and damp weather. There are just too many ways for people to have it and not know they have it and are contagious.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. MorkandMindy

+621
    United States
    Single
    US-Others
    Thank you for that warning, blowing the trumpet at the watch tower. I only became aware yesterday that possibly as much as 9% of the US population have asymptomatic COVID and are unaware of it.

But only from you do I get the information that older people can have it and be symptom-less.

Many many thank yous!!!!

13. Monksailor

Monksailor Adopted child of God. Supporter

+894
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I suppose that there have developed multiple strains of it by mow and we had a weak strain. Even though I was #2 or3 on the most severe symptoms (I had open-heart 3 yrs ago-3 hrs tech dead on full life support) the worst part was the flu-like symptoms only MEGA. NO nausea or vomiting and only low grade fever but the bone and joint pain. We were walking around like the Dr. "Tim Conway" from our 4th to 8th or 9tth days of symptoms. My low grade 100.6, started to climb one night and I hit it progressively with a total 1500 mg of Tylenol and it dropped to 99.4 and I went to bed. I measure myself at bed time and when I wake up (weight) and I lost FIVE pounds that night. I woke all covered in sweat, my T-shirt soaked and bed sheets sticking to me. I changed Ts twice that night and washed all my bed linen and matt pad and put the ceiling fan high with the bare mattress below it the next day. I normally only lose 1.5-2.0 pounds/night so I excreted at least 3# of sweat that night. When I woke up I also took my temp and it was totally gone along with a dull head ache and a good amount of the severity of the bone and joint pain. I would like to think that God blessed me by working the worst part of it through me in my sleep.The most severe case was a niece in her 30s. She is obese. According to her it was very severe. She had higher temps and constant nausea and vomiting along w/the symptoms we had and it lasted longer.

By the way, CDC guidelines say that 10 days after symptoms start you are not contagious regardless of continuance of symptoms AND CDC says that for 3 mos after symptoms start you are apparently immune.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  14. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+1,917
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  15. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+1,242
    Christian
    Married
    You need to contact him and express your deepest sympathies for his current relationship...he might not agree now but will later.

16. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+1,242
    Christian
    Married
    I'm trying to be as patient as possible.
    I haven't had it...

My wife has gotten vaxxed... looking at getting her second shot Saturday. She has immunity but...she has also injured her foot and can't walk. So her being vaxxed isn't doing us any good.

I'm waiting patiently...but losing my patience.

If I can get vaxxed I can do my waiting and get out.

Here in Nashville TN... about half to ¾ of our friends have either been sick or are currently sick.
    I just wanna get a haircut...go to work...go to Sunday School class...be normal for a change.