Counting of the Omer

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
A different count time because of this verse...

Lev 23:15 You shall count from the eve of the second day of Pesach, when an omer of grain is to be brought as an offering, seven complete weeks. The day after the seventh week of your counting will make fifty days, and you shall present a new meal offering to God.

With this verse, the Omer counting is not locked into having a Sunday start and ending every year.

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A different count time because of this verse...

Lev 23:15 You shall count from the eve of the second day of Pesach, when an omer of grain is to be brought as an offering, seven complete weeks. The day after the seventh week of your counting will make fifty days, and you shall present a new meal offering to God.

With this verse, the Omer counting is not locked into having a Sunday start and ending every year.
Although I do not keep a Sunday Shavuot, I would never use the above "translation" to negate it. That is not a translation, but a paraphrase in which the translator put his own bias in his translation. The bold phrase in Hebrew reads, "mimacharath haShabbath" (from the morrow after the Shabbat). The only words in that bold phrase that are correct are the two articles (the). Ugh! I can't stand paraphrases! They are sooooo deceiving.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Although I do not keep a Sunday Shavuot, I would never use the above "translation" to negate it. That is not a translation, but a paraphrase in which the translator put his own bias in his translation. The bold phrase in Hebrew reads, "mimacharath haShabbath" (from the morrow after the Shabbat). The only words in that bold phrase that are correct are the two articles (the). Ugh! I can't stand paraphrases! They are sooooo deceiving.
good catch..

Upvote 0