A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by ALWEamen
I feel in my heart that maybe God's power to heal is primarily limited by the love believers have for one another in the local Chrisitian community. I don't have much experience or scriptural support for my view, but I sense this strongly in my heart. But I really don't know... What do y'all think? :confused:

Having the God kind of faith is directly tied to having the God kind of love.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Andrew

quote: "I feel in my heart that maybe God's power to heal is primarily limited by the love believers have for one another in the local Chrisitian community."

can u elaborate please? u mean believers not having enough love to go out and minister to the sick and lay hands on them in faith? that is partly true in the sense that God works via the church. so if no one wants to minister to the sick, then God's healing works are limited.

I will elaborate. What I mean by love is not any particular act of love but what I mean is the level of love God sees in His community as a whole. Believers still need to go out, pray, and lay hands as y'all know. Of course sometimes there's no healing. Some of us would attribute this to lack of faith. But instead of only attributing God's healing power to only faith, maybe we should attribute it to the level of love in the local Christian community. In other words, when people genuinely share and love one another is when God's power is more present.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I will elaborate. What I mean by love is not any particular act of love but what I mean is the level of love God sees in His community as a whole. Believers still need to go out, pray, and lay hands as y'all know. Of course sometimes there's no healing. Some of us would attribute this to lack of faith. But instead of only attributing God's healing power to only faith, maybe we should attribute it to the level of love in the local Christian community. In other words, when people genuinely share and love one another is when God's power is more present.

God's power is always present, like the word says, we "are" healed.
But we are the ones that doubt, there are many factors to this.
Sometimes its sin, which gives more room for the devil to try and condemn us.
Alot of it I believe, is from believing in a lie.
For the longest time I lived in sin, because I believed that I couldn't live a sin free life. This would make God a lier and an unfair judge if we weren't able to escape sin. This holds true with healing.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Christians get sick, and go through trials. No one ever denied that, but its what you do with those trials that makes the difference between a house on sand and one on the rock."

I agree, but sickness sometimes is not a trial. Sometimes it is for a reason we do not yet know. I will not conceed this point for I have seen living examples of BOTH sides, and know that people that die of cancer are perfectly in God's will and perfectly faithful in it.

"You believe that God only heals sometimes, even thou this is not biblical."

Its perfectly biblical.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"But instead of only attributing God's healing power to only faith, maybe we should attribute it to the level of love in the local Christian community. In other words, when people genuinely share and love one another is when God's power is more present."

you may have a point becos the Bible says faith works through love. but i believe this love here is not so much our love for others but God's love for us. If we can be so sure of God's love for us,as well as for others, faith is right there to minister to others. It's like you are so close to God that you can trust him completely to heal the sick.

Also, Jesus always said "Your faith has made you well" "According to your faith be it unto you" "As you have belived, be it unto you", "He cld do know mighty work becos of their unbelief"...etc. He never said if was becos of their love be it unto them.

in short, the Biblical principle is this: When we feed on God's love, his arm of power moves.

:)

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by LouisBooth
"Christians get sick, and go through trials. No one ever denied that, but its what you do with those trials that makes the difference between a house on sand and one on the rock."

I agree, but sickness sometimes is not a trial. Sometimes it is for a reason we do not yet know. I will not conceed this point for I have seen living examples of BOTH sides, and know that people that die of cancer are perfectly in God's will and perfectly faithful in it.

Its perfectly biblical.

You can not be healed of cancer.  Cancer is demonic and as such it must be rebuked.  You do not get healed of cancer you get delivered from it.  The reason that christians die of cancer is because they lack discernment, not because they lack faith.  If you are sick then ask God to show you the cause and the solution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Yes there is. I suffered from cramps 4, 8 years. now i know that might not seem so bad but it really meant the every 30day I was passing out where ever i was with the pain. Now that was ok until I became a mother then I could not afford to take the medication that the doctors where giving me which knocked me out 4 12 hours at a time. They did all that they could 4 me they just would not go away. Now i knw that by Jesus srtips I was healed but i just could not realize that healing. But 1 day as i was praying for a answer because i really believed God heals. it came over the radio.

Simple but effective. From now on consider sickness as a package, u did not order it send it back. State in a clear voice i do not recieve whatever it is. State the verse which ever 1 u want to use by his stripes I'm healed
or i'm the Lorg God the healest all ur diseases etc. and then this is the important part thank God 4 his healing and praise him as best u can in a audible voice. As u praise God the pain will go and u will feel like a burden has been removed. That is step 1 when the symptoms come back and they will come back, just do it again they will leave quicker this time. It has never taken me more than 3 times to get ride of it 4 good. I pray this helps u. It has healed me from the cramps now 19 years free, kidney stone 10 years free, ovarian cyst 5 years free. Oh by the way about 10 years later he will try to bring it back to u u just stick with the program and u will be fine.

Then u know the verse God will renew ur strength and the 1 about will long life have he satisify me to show me his salvation. just make it a part of u morning pray and it will pretty much keep the rest of sickness away. Also get up and bind the devil he is a liar no need 4 u to suffer tell him so. and mean it it is ur duty as a Child of the most high God to get on his nerves everyday. Keep the word of God before u like King David say keep his words before u they will be live to ur spirit and ur soul or was it Solomon. Well any way I'm sure u know the verses if not just let me know and i will post them chapter and verse. God bless

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thanks for sharing Dorothyne, its a real encouragement! Fight the good fight of faith! :)

SnuP,

Most healing evangelists and my Pastor too believes that incurable diseases usu have a demonic power as the root cause. I tend to believe that too. ie cancer tends to jump from one place to another. even after u cut off the limb or organ, it may still resurface.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
If I am letting this illness stay on me for not being where God wants me, could I be healed this very day if I could see where I'm in the wrong with God?

Without reading through 120 replies, I am sure in there you have received the correct answer somewhere. Maybe not the one you seek, but the correct one. I see LouisBooth has been in here and I feel confident he has given you the Word from God's Written Word, which is the ultimate Word we have to go on. Yes I just looked and see two of LouisBooth's replies on this page alone and see he is in direct line with God's Word on this. Especially on the Book of John. That single Book is loaded with more answers than we can seem intent on receiving.

Listen to how Jesus answered your question:

John 9:3: "Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him."

Simply ALL things are for God's Glory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
I have read and re-read this post. You might also want to do the same thing and when you realize what you have written, delete it. The very idea has made my teeth itch.

Originally posted by Andrew
"But instead of only attributing God's healing power to only faith, maybe we should attribute it to the level of love in the local Christian community. In other words, when people genuinely share and love one another is when God's power is more present."

you may have a point becos the Bible says faith works through love. but i believe this love here is not so much our love for others but God's love for us. If we can be so sure of God's love for us,as well as for others, faith is right there to minister to others. It's like you are so close to God that you can trust him completely to heal the sick.

Also, Jesus always said "Your faith has made you well" "According to your faith be it unto you" "As you have belived, be it unto you", "He cld do know mighty work becos of their unbelief"...etc. He never said if was becos of their love be it unto them.

in short, the Biblical principle is this: When we feed on God's love, his arm of power moves.

:)

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
I feel in my heart that maybe God's power to heal is primarily limited by the love believers have for one another in the local Chrisitian community. I don't have much experience or scriptural support for my view, but I sense this strongly in my heart. But I really don't know... What do y'all think? :confused:

I completely and totally agree!There is absolutely NO scriptural support for this view.

In fact, not only in this thread but throughout the Forums I see followings being built on exactly this sort of thing. That is: What someone "feels" or "senses" strongly in their heart and not at all based on scripture. In these cases Scripture MUST over ride such feelings. Please explain to your heart it needs to be filled with the Word and not it's own feelings!

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by LouisBooth

Its perfectly biblical.

Stop dodging the questions.

Where did Job pray?
Where does it say that God doesn't want you healed?

Also finish my quote on the bottom.
I said that the book of James says oppossite and asked where in the bible does it say other wise?

You know of people who die of cancer and are perfectly in the will of God?
How can you know that they are in the perfect will of God?
Can you resight all the 200 something laws?
Do you know what people are thinking inside there head?
Do you know peoples hearts?
Can you be a judge of the people?

I believe the problem with everyone, including myself, is that we often times change the word to meet our beliefs. When we should change to meet the word.
Was Jesus going around making anyone sick?Or did he heal them?
Did he tell the disciples to do these things? Did he tell the disciples to go out and make disciples of the nations?
Did Jesus ever say sometimes you can throw a mountain in the sea and sometimes you can't?

Please answer the questions.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Every cancer that Smith wigglesworth cast out produce imediate deliverence. He cast cancer out everytime. He said it is demonic. Your body is the temple of God, if something foreign and unnatural is plaguing it, what do you think it is. Do you really think that God wants His temples to be rundown and diseased. No He wants them to be the most beautiful building around, so that those who are shacks can come and see the difference, and so that He will be glorified thru you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.