WordAloud

Nov 14, 2012
✟17,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey all,

I put together a set of healing prayers which I find quite good for Lent and especially Holy Week.

I guess we all have busy lives so for me it is really in Holy Week that all of Lent comes together.

I know that's not ideal but we do what we can.

There is a sequence of these prayers on my site, and the page is here: A Healing Prayer With Jesus For Lent | Our Father | The Lord’s Prayer | King James Audio Bible | KJV | Jesus In The Garden Of Gethsemane | Love Revealed By Jesus Christ – Listen To the Bible! | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version

It's in 5 parts, and the first part goes like this:

Part 1: Confession And Repentance

In the Garden Of Gethsemane, Jesus prayed to his Father, seeking strength to face the sacrifice he would soon make for our sins. As Jesus prayed, Jesus experienced sorrow and grief as he fully understood the weight of the sin that he would bear on the Cross.

As we come to Jesus in confession and repentance, we too can experience the weight of our sins and the sorrow they cause. We are called to confess our sins, to openly acknowledge the ways we have fallen short of God’s commandments. Through confession, we come to an understanding of the harm our sins have caused to ourselves and others, and the separation our sins create between us and God.

In Psalm 51, David sings a prayer of confession and repentance, acknowledging his sins and asking for God’s mercy and forgiveness:

‘Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.’ (Psalm 51:1-3, KJV)

Like David, we too can turn to God in confession, asking for forgiveness and cleansing from our sins. We can acknowledge the ways we have fallen short, confessing our sins to God and seeking God’s mercy and forgiveness. We can be assured of God’s forgiveness and grace, knowing that God is faithful to forgive us when we turn to Him in repentance.

As we come to Jesus in confession and repentance, we can be assured of Jesus’ love and mercy. Through Jesus’ sacrifice on the Cross, Jesus paid the price for our sins, and through his Resurrection, Jesus conquered death and sin. We can turn to Jesus with confidence, knowing that he will hear our prayers and offer us forgiveness and new life. Let us pray:

‘Lord Jesus, I confess my sins to you and ask for your forgiveness. I acknowledge the ways I have fallen short of your commandments and the harm my sins have caused. I ask for your mercy and cleansing, knowing that you are faithful and just to forgive us our sins. Thank you for your sacrifice on the Cross, and for the new life you offer us through your Resurrection. Help me to live a life of repentance and faith, trusting in your love and grace. In your holy name I pray, amen.’

001-saint-paul-jesus-lent-gethsemane-king-james-audio-bible-kjv.jpg

Thank you,

Oliver