Could we be healed today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentions having CFS for 8 years now. I have prayed for Gods healing all this time. I've had people praying for me and the laying on of hands. I've laid in bed in so much agony that I had actually asked God just to take me off this earth. But for those of us needing Gods healing, could we be keeping it on ourselves? I've asked God about this but never received an answer. maybe there is something we need to do for him or something we haven't done that we were suppose to and have just become blind to it. I know that pride and unforgiveness is a big factor in this at times.But for those who have humbled themselves to God and have forgiven....could we still be out of grace with the Lord someplace? I pray about it and I fast when I'm lead to...maybe he's telling me what I'm to do and I'm just not hearing. If I am letting this illness stay on me for not being where God wants me, could I be healed this very day if I could see where I'm in the wrong with God?

Please do NOT believe the word faith assertion that if you are not healed that it is your fault. Most likely, it is NOT your fault. I believe sometimes God will use these things to His glory and as long as that happens I am willing to suffer it. Read the book of Job. God can and will allow satan the ability to physically afflict us. As far as your CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?), have you had your thyroid checked? I am also experiencing things that the doctors are on the verge of labeling CFS and God has used this time to draw me closer to Him and to glorify Him through the testimony that I have had during these trying times. Now I have prayed and been prayed for. I have had hands laid on me and been annointed with oil. I have NOT been healed but I have been given just the right dose of strength and energy to accomplish what the Lord wants me too. I hope this helps.

In His Service,

Sandy

Upvote 0
1hope,

I also wanted to mention that there are times when God will heal. I don't want you to think I do not believe that. My step-mother was miraculously healed from a thyroid tumor and she had alomst no faith. She still will not fully acknowledge that it was God. She may have been healed for one of two reasons: #1 the faith of those praying for her or #2 God was trying to get her attention. The bottom line is that our thoughts are not God's thoughts and we cannot know His logic. So as long as you are being obedient and praying/fasting/worshiping/studying,etc (and of course none of us do it perfectly) just like all Christians are supposed to do then do not feed into the hype about lack of faith being the reason you are not healed.

In His Service,

Sandy

Upvote 0
We just have to remember God does things in his time not ours. Maybe if God has a healing in store for you Then he is waiting untill the right time. Maybe your healing will be a witness to someone eles. Or maybe by your going through life like this and still serving and loveing the Lord Instead of being angry with him for allowing you to have this sickness is a witness to someone already. I dont think God works on a ok you do this for me and I will do this for you basis.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by 1hope
I mentions having CFS for 8 years now. I have prayed for Gods healing all this time. I've had people praying for me and the laying on of hands. I've laid in bed in so much agony that I had actually asked God just to take me off this earth. But for those of us needing Gods healing, could we be keeping it on ourselves? I've asked God about this but never received an answer. maybe there is something we need to do for him or something we haven't done that we were suppose to and have just become blind to it. I know that pride and unforgiveness is a big factor in this at times.But for those who have humbled themselves to God and have forgiven....could we still be out of grace with the Lord someplace? I pray about it and I fast when I'm lead to...maybe he's telling me what I'm to do and I'm just not hearing. If I am letting this illness stay on me for not being where God wants me, could I be healed this very day if I could see where I'm in the wrong with God?

1hope,

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but what is CFS?

Also, I'd like to invite you to read my testimony on the "sickness, faith, and healing" thread. 

I suffered with extreme, continuous, menstral bleeding for about 15 years, before the Lord worked it so that I could financially afford to have it taken care of medically.

I firmly believe that it was God's will for my body to function as He created it.  He did not create the female body to bleed like I was.

For my situation in particular I believe it was the cursing words of my father, as an adolescent that initiated the problem I had.  It was in my immaturity and lack of knowledge that I received that curse, and took it on personally.  By the time I understood what had happened my body was beyond what I could handle. 

I believe that God wanted to heal me miraculouly, but for whatever reason, it did not happen that way.  I do not believe God wanted the life to bleed out of me continuously. 

Asking God to show you if there is anything that you've done to bring this on is not a bad thing.  It could be a sin. It could be that you've left an opening somewhere for the enemy to get in.  It could be just an attack from the enemy.  Only God can reveal this to you.  But searching your heart is never a bad idea. :)

The important thing to know is that God did not make you sick.  He may teach you a lot of things during your time of sickness but He did not do it to you.  I know others on this site will tell you differently, so read all the Word for yourself and ask God directly.

God says He's a good Father.  If His child asks for bread, He will not give him a stone.

God bless you,  :angel:

I'm praying for you,

Barbara

Upvote 0

Loser For Jesus

Aug 14, 2002
USA
✟531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can God heal today? Yes. Absolutely. In any and every circumstance, it is possible for God to heal.

Will God heal today? That, as always, is entirely a matter of His will. If a person is sick, the first thing they should do is ask God why they are sick and find out what His will is in the situation.

Perhaps you are sick because He is glorifying His name. Perhaps you are sick because of sin. Perhaps you are sick just because we live in a fallen world and our bodies are corrupted. Whichever it is, the most important thing is to determine what God's will is, and pray in faith for it to be done.

If it is His will to heal, then obviously you can be assured that it will happen.

love in Christ,

Malcolm

Upvote 0
Quaffer..CFS Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is an illness that to best describe it feels like the flue that never goes away. But your testimony really hit home with me. Before I was ever born my mother had said she didn't want a girl and I was he only girl born into a home full of boys. She had a habit of calling me names Dummy ,Stupid, Ignorant...while I was growing up. She also referred to me as being a "girl" as if it were a lowly thing. My older brothers picked up on it and parroted her words Now she became saved when I was 2 or 3 yrs. old, but the name calling continued. I had very low-self esteem and was always rejected by others. I think that when she became a born again Christian it was worse on me then before she was saved.
I feel that what she said was a great impact on the depression and over-sensitivity I suffered as a child.I do not believe that her words are now the cause of the CFS though, that is in the past. I did have a hard time forgiving her because she had started in on the grand kids. Well when one son his second girl, my mothers response "a girl". I've actually prayed over my nieces not to go through what I did.
I have spoken forgiveness and asked God to give me peace. I have forgiven but the fact that too often the hurtful memories come back to me, maybe I still need to let go of a part of that past. Maybe I haven't forgiven the way I thought.

Upvote 0

Loser For Jesus

Aug 14, 2002
USA
✟531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not making any judgments about your specific situation, but with regard to forgiveness you should certainly keep this Scripture in mind and seek God on if it really applies to you.

Mat 6:14 For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
Mat 6:15 But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

love in Christ,
malcolm

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Quaffer..CFS Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is an illness that to best describe it feels like the flue that never goes away. But your testimony really hit home with me. Before I was ever born my mother had said she didn't want a girl and I was he only girl born into a home full of boys. She had a habit of calling me names Dummy ,Stupid, Ignorant...while I was growing up. She also referred to me as being a "girl" as if it were a lowly thing. My older brothers picked up on it and parroted her words Now she became saved when I was 2 or 3 yrs. old, but the name calling continued. I had very low-self esteem and was always rejected by others. I think that when she became a born again Christian it was worse on me then before she was saved.
I feel that what she said was a great impact on the depression and over-sensitivity I suffered as a child.I do not believe that her words are now the cause of the CFS though, that is in the past. I did have a hard time forgiving her because she had started in on the grand kids. Well when one son his second girl, my mothers response "a girl". I've actually prayed over my nieces not to go through what I did.
I have spoken forgiveness and asked God to give me peace. I have forgiven but the fact that too often the hurtful memories come back to me, maybe I still need to let go of a part of that past. Maybe I haven't forgiven the way I thought.

1hope,

Thanks so much for your responsiveness.

Unforgiveness can cause a lot of physical problem.  Spiritually, unforgiveness will tie you to that person, as a dead weight.  It will sap your energy spiritually and physically.  Do ask God to show you how to forgive.  It can never hurt.

You could be surprised at the effects of untrue words on our spirits that can effect us physically.

Prov 18:21 says, (KJV)"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof".

In my case that is exactly what happened.  When I first started my period, when my dad would go to the store, and it was that time of month, I would ask him to get some more for me.  Many times he would become quite angry, not because it was him purchasing them, but because of the cost of the items.  He would throw a fit and I honestly do not remember the words he used but I know how I felt.  I felt worthless and embarrassed that I was a girl.  Even at that young age, I began to experience unusually, excessive bleeding. 

It was only during my time of recovery from the surgery that the Lord revealed the source of the problem.  At first, I was angry at my father for speaking such words over me.  His words had cursed my womb from the beginning.  I know he did not mean to do that, but as you can see from that verse in Prov., words are quite important.

Now, Jesus has redeemed us from the curse of the law.  However, our enemy goes about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.  And, our enemy is a thief, a lyer, and a destroyer. 

If we do not know what God's will is (it's written for us), then for lack of knowledge we allow our enemy to steal, kill, and destroy anything he can get away with. 

According to scripture, (IS 53:5) "by his stripes we are healed" and 1 Peter 2:24 "by Whose stripes you were healed", we see that it is His will that you be healed.  God's will is not wishy, washy as our's.  Changing and ever dependant upon His mood of the moment.  It is more like the last Will and Testament.  It's a covenant that was made with us.  He does not change.  He is not moody.  He does things according to His will, which is written in His Word.

The more knowledge we have about what His will is, the more we can begin to speak what is correct.  And therefore, changing, eating the fruit of death to eating the fruit of life.

Your mother spoke words of death but you can speak words of life.  Instead of just taking what you hear, start combatting that with words of life.

Such as:  what does God say about you? He does not say your stupid.  He says, you're seated in heavenly places with Him.  He says, you are redeemed from the curse of the law.  He says, He loved you so much that He gave His only begotten Son for you. 

As you read your Bible, begin to write down the things that God says about you.  When you pray, say things like, "Father, I thank You that You sent Your Son for me.  I thank you that you've given me a seat in heavenly places with you.  I thank you that I am redeemed from the curse of the law, etc, etc. 

You'll be amazed at the changes that you will begin to see.  Once you've asked God to meet a need that is clear in His Word that He wants to meet, you don't need to ask Him anymore.  It's done.  After that just praise and thank Him for the answer.  Praying as I've demonstrated for you above.

You may have to do this for some time before you see any physical changes.  But then again, you may not.  Keep at it.  Even after you're manifested healing. 

This is the proper way to pray.  We do not need to beg God to meet a need that we have.  We need to ask, then go on as if it's been answered with a yes.  Because God does not give stones when we ask for bread.  And He does not starve His children of their bread.

Please keep me posted sister.  If you desire, PM me.

I'm praying for you.

Barbara    :pink:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jephunneh

Aug 23, 2002
✟947.00
"We just have to remember God does things in his time not ours. Maybe if God has a healing in store for you Then he is waiting untill the right time. Maybe your healing will be a witness to someone eles. Or maybe by your going through life like this and still serving and loveing the Lord Instead of being angry with him for allowing you to have this sickness is a witness to someone already. I dont think God works on a ok you do this for me and I will do this for you basis."
Good words Kristy!

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"I've asked God about this but never received an answer......maybe he's telling me what I'm to do and I'm just not hearing."

His answer is already in the Word.

"maybe there is something we need to do for him or something we haven't done that we were suppose to and have just become blind to it."

you cant buy or earn God's free gift cos its already been paid for by the Son. You only need to ask, believe and ACT on your faith (if u say you believe).

ps: PM-ed u with more.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think that it is God's will is to heal you and every Christian, but there are different factors that may be preventing this.

1. It COULD be you, and some unbelief.

2. It could be the devil and his forces, and most likely he has something to do with it.

3. You may not be specific about your problem. Like it could need a miracle, or it could just be a healing.

Do you get into the spirit much?
Try during those times, and also ask what is the problem when your in the spirit.
Treat it as if you are playing football, and you need a touchdown to win. Go after, and keep fighting, and fighting, push on. Sooner or later something WILL happen. But you have to want it real bad.

Have you ever been healed of anything before? If so, keep a positive attitude on that, and use it to help you fight.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by Andrew
"I've asked God about this but never received an answer......maybe he's telling me what I'm to do and I'm just not hearing."

His answer is already in the Word.

"maybe there is something we need to do for him or something we haven't done that we were suppose to and have just become blind to it."

you cant buy or earn God's free gift cos its already been paid for by the Son. You only need to ask, believe and ACT on your faith (if u say you believe).

ps: PM-ed u with more.

I agree with him, it is God's will for you to be healed. He isn't up there going, ok you get healed and you don't. There is something missing from the puzzle. Its not your fault as if it were a right or wrong, its just something that you don't know, most likely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree with him, it is God's will for you to be healed. He isn't up there going, ok you get healed and you don't.
Agreed. The idea that God has the gospel and the promises on hold for some is a lapse back into mere theism. By "mere theism" I mean the old roman-greek concept that the "gods" are sitting up there deciding the fate of individuals and blessing or cursing on a whim. This is not the gospel! God made all the decisions, made good all the promises, and said "yes" to all prayers offered in faith when He sent Jesus, His only Son, to die and be raised. It has all been done. In some areas God is passive today. Since everything has been completed, it is now up to us to appropriate the promises of the gospel by faith. Healing is one such area. He certainly can soverneignly reach down and heal people separate from their faith, but that is not the perferred method.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I should tell you something.  My father and I have been involved in an emotional healing ministry where we have seen a number of physical healings mainfest as a reasult of an emotional healing.  God cares more that you are healed emotionally then that you are healed physically.  As you remember the pain of one such event in your life.  Quietly ask Jesus what He would say to you concerning the memory.  Follow whatever leading He gives you and believe that it is Him leading.  If He takes you to another memory, ask the same question.  Keep asking the question until all of the pain is removed from your memories and follow every leading.  He will speak to you, and He will heal you.  First the spirit, then the soul, then the flesh.

Note:  You may need a friend or pastor to help you with this.  Do not shink back from any pain or painful memory.  God wants to remove the pain, but not if you are not willing to face it.  Do not be afraid for God will meet you and will help you.  Once the root of the sickness is healed then healing can mainifest in the flesh.

God Bless, We all are praying for you

SnuP

Upvote 0

Chloe

The whole Bible is the Whole Word of God
Apr 29, 2002
Visit site
✟375.00
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time, are not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall be revealed in us. Romans 8:18

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Yes we can be healed today, but not everyone will be healed. Physical healing is NOT even part of the gospel, but spiritual healing (through regeneration by the Holy Spirit, by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

Not being healed in not necessarily due to sin, lack of faith, or satan.
Satan cannot prevent God's will being done. If it is God's will for someone to be healed, it will be done, period. Just because we are Christians does not mean that we become super humans who are immune to disease and death, but what we are immune from, because of Jesus dying on the cross, is the penalty, the curse of sin, which is spiritual death.
If any Christian is healed, praise God!
If anyone is not healed, praise God and know that His strength is made perfect in weakness.
No one, Christian(no matter how great one's faith is, etc.) or not, will escape physical death, the death rate is still the same for everyone.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.