Cop who shot unarmed woman at Capitol did not even bother to create police report

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The men with radios and patches on their sleeves in front of the door are the ones I'm referring to. They leave from in front of the door before Babbitt attempts to climb through the window.

Fair enough, that wasn't shown (that I saw) in the previous video. So, yes, there were initially 3 policemen at the door when several dozens of protestors arrived. Likely for their own safety they moved out of the way, as they were so badly outnumbered; their moving was not "permission" to try to break the windows/tear down the doors.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fair enough, that wasn't shown (that I saw) in the previous video. So, yes, there were initially 3 policemen at the door when several dozens of protestors arrived. Likely for their own safety they moved out of the way, as they were so badly outnumbered; their moving was not "permission" to try to break the windows/tear down the doors.
Yes it was a very chaotic situation and I would not want to be placed in that situation but I think the decision to use deadly force was wrong. I'm not the DOJ so what I think doesn't change anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it was a very chaotic situation and I would not want to be placed in that situation but I think the decision to use deadly force was wrong. I'm not the DOJ so what I think doesn't change anything.
Also note that those officers chose not to use force

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The men with radios and patches on their sleeves in front of the door are the ones I'm referring to. They leave from in front of the door before Babbitt attempts to climb through the window.
And if it was an important entrance, why did the officers go away from the doorway and then leave?
Why won't the select committee tell us? Why did the officer shoot her from a distance, she wasn't grabbing for his gun or attacking him, she was far away?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
In a section of the memo titled “USCP Lieutenant Michael Byrd,” the memo notes: “He [Byrd] did not create any police reports or documents relating to the incident, and did not provide an official statement regarding use of force” though he did provide a voluntary “debrief” and walk-through of the scene with his lawyer. A footnote details that: “During the debrief of Lieutenant Byrd, he did recall writing a few sentences on an evidence bag the evening of January 6, 2021, at the request of a crime scene officer. To date, the bag has not been located by USCP or MPD.”

(READ) DOJ ‘declined criminal prosecution’ in Jan. 6 police shooting of unarmed Ashli Babbitt at Capitol | Sharyl Attkisson
The Biden administration obviously gives breaks to their friends and allows crimes to be committed against those who disagree with them. We need to do a lot of firing from these corrupt government agencies.
The cop was doing what he was trained to do when confronted by a threat by someone performing a criminal subversive action.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, well, we have video. She was part of the mob trying to stop the transfer of power, climbing through the window. It's sad so many believed Trump's lies, as some here still do, but you can't act like you're attempting a coup and then act like you were just playing. She made a fateful decision based on Trump's lie; it's pitiful but real.

This is one of the few instances where the right "earns their smirk" so to speak.

Had it been an unarmed George Floyd protestor trying to climb through a window during a riot and a police officer shot and killed them, many on the left would have a very different attitude about the situation.

The impetus behind the ill-advised action (most rioting starts on a lie) would be irrelevant...either the standard is "cops shouldn't shoot unarmed people" or the standard is "the cop gets to the take lethal action if they feel threatened based on their own discretion"

I'm inclined to lean toward the former.

• Agree
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
And if it was an important entrance, why did the officers go away from the doorway and then leave?
Why won't the select committee tell us? Why did the officer shoot her from a distance, she wasn't grabbing for his gun or attacking him, she was far away?
I might have watched the video of her tragic death maybe five times and the last watching was probably summer ‘21, but from what I recall the gun was about 4-6 feet from its target.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is one of the few instances where the right "earns their smirk" so to speak.

Had it been an unarmed George Floyd protestor trying to climb through a window during a riot and a police officer shot and killed them, many on the left would have a very different attitude about the situation.

The impetus behind the ill-advised action (most rioting starts on a lie) would be irrelevant...either the standard is "cops shouldn't shoot unarmed people" or the standard is "the cop gets to the take lethal action if they feel threatened based on their own discretion"

I'm inclined to lean toward the former.

No it ain't. There's no right to smirk here. She earned her right to die by attacking the good of the whole. Sorry, traitors get to die.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who makes the decision whether you are her are attacking the good of the whole? You can't shoot a person because you don't like their ideas.

You have been shown by multiple people the error of your position. I don't care what you think. You're incorrigible.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Cops are "outnumbered" almost anytime there is a crowd. We have had a select committee that supposedly has been investigating FOR ALMOST A YEAR and the questions around this killing have been asked and asked in public. The withholding of information makes it clear this "committee" is a show, more than that an inquisition, and not an investigation.

• Agree
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
He was doing the opposite, that's why there should be a trial.
So you are saying that the mob who stormed the Capital building weren't doing a subversive act?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This hurts the argument that she was shot for entering a secure area if that was the case those officers would have shot everyone

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This hurts the argument that she was shot for entering a secure area if that was the case those officers would have shot everyone

If you're suggesting that the officers should have shot everyone, the then-POTUS would've agreed on any day and any circumstance except that one. His apparent change of heart is curious, to say the least.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you're suggesting that the officers should have shot everyone, the then-POTUS would've agreed on any day and any circumstance except that one. His apparent change of heart is curious, to say the least.
They didn't use any force at all

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not exactly what I would fight an insurrection with

Yeah, I doubt anyone thinks these sorts of groups are led by overly gifted strategic thinkers. Still, doesn't change the fact that they were armed.

and why don't we know more about the bomb? All this investigation and we can't find out who planted the bomb even though we have video of him?
Seems like a question that google could answer. Let us know what you find.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What if during the 2020 riots a business owner had stayed in his business and shot and killed a rioter that broke in?

Depends on the details of this made up scenario designed to provide cover for someone who was a part of a violent armed mob attacking Congress.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I guess we'll have to wait until an armed left-wing mob attacks the US Capitol to find out if this guess is true or not.

Upvote 0