Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
However, even after reading the source itself it still does not sound like a justified shooting; since the officer admitted that he did not see her hands up or even know if she was male or female at the time of the shot.
Her gender is irrelevant.

Even what was in her hands at the moment was irrelevant when her actions were clearly posing a threat to both the officer and those individuals beyond he was protecting. This wasn't like she just hopped a turnstile or walked through the wrong door while looking for the bathroom. The officer also didn't initiate or instigate the confrontation. She and her mob broke through a barricaded glass door.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Her gender is irrelevant.

Even what was in her hands at the moment was irrelevant when her actions were clearly posing a threat to both the officer and those individuals beyond he was protecting. This wasn't like she just hopped a turnstile or walked through the wrong door while looking for the bathroom. The officer also didn't initiate or instigate the confrontation. She and her mob broke through a barricaded glass door.
What actions of hers were a threat? She was alone when confronted. Even if she was earlier part of a "mob" even a violent mob which reading it does not appear so what matters for a shooting to be justified is what the person was doing at the time. I could be accused of killing three people in cold blood the police could get there and the ONLY way it would be a justified shoot is if at the time I was actually confronted I was displaying threatening behavior

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What actions of hers were a threat? She was alone when confronted. Even if she was earlier part of a "mob" even a violent mob which reading it does not appear so what matters for a shooting to be justified is what the person was doing at the time. I could be accused of killing three people in cold blood the police could get there and the ONLY way it would be a justified shoot is if at the time I was actually confronted I was displaying threatening behavior
Like forcing your way through a barricaded door?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Like forcing your way through a barricaded door?
was she doing that at the time she was shot? If so how? if she had no weapon then I would not think her force alone would be enough to warrant deadly force/

• Agree
Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,680.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
She was most certainly NOT alone. She was part of a mob that was breaking down a barrier set up by the security inside the building and began to force herself through it, as she and the rest of the mob were breaking it down. She and the others were warned not to attempt to break through and she was shot when she didn't listen. How is forcing entry as part of a mob that has shown itself to be violent, not threatening behaviour?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, yes you can shoot someone 15 feet away in this case. She happened to be the spearhead of a mob, breaking through a barrier with officials and personnel behind the security. If they get warned not to break in, especially as part of a mob, which you never seem to want to bring up, you get shot when you still attempt it. There was clear immediate danger as there was a mob trying break in, that had already proven to be violent.
She deserved to get shot for doing what she was doing. Like I've said, good riddance to that oathbreaker.
No, when Black Lives Matter mob members stepped past the barrier and approached police, the police did not shoot. You can't shoot unless your life is in imminent danger, in this case it was not. Now we additionally know the cop lied, and it was covered up by the Capitol Police Department.
You have to treat people equally no matter what their race or political beliefs. Democrats should demand those who covered this up should be removed from their positions.

• Agree
Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,680.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
was she doing that at the time she was shot? If so how? if she had no weapon then I would not think her force alone would be enough to warrant deadly force/
Yes. She and the rest of the mob present were doing exactly that. She wasn't alone.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
She was most certainly NOT alone. She was part of a mob that was breaking down a barrier set up by the security inside the building and began to force herself through it, as she and the rest of the mob were breaking it down. She and the others were warned not to attempt to break through and she was shot when she didn't listen. How is forcing entry as part of a mob that has shown itself to be violent, not threatening behaviour?
From what I read and understood of the article at the time she was actually fatally shot she was alone. Where she was and whom she was with minutes earlier does not make it a justified shoot; even if at the time she was with the people it would have been justified.

• Agree
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What actions of hers were a threat?

Breaking through the door and then jumping over it.

If you're barricaded inside your home and a mob is outside, trying to break in, and somebody breaks a hole in the door and climbs through, are you not supposed to perceive that as a threat? Of course you are.

What you (and others) are implying is lunacy that you don't apply in any other case of armed defense.

She was alone when confronted.

No, she wasn't. She was at the front of a mob.

Even if she was earlier part of a "mob"

Ok. Hang on. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Like, zero. She wasn't "earlier part of a 'mob'"; she was in the midst of a mob that was actively trying to break through the doors. Her breaching of the one door was part of a group effort to breach multiple doors.

Do yourself a favor - stop arguing for a minute and go watch the video. Heck, I'll even give you the link:

The shooting is towards the end, but prior to that, you can see several people trying to break through the doors and then several of them notice and call out the fact that there's an officer with a gun on the other side. Many of them slow down in response to seeing the gun. Babbitt did not.

even a violent mob which reading it does not appear so what matters for a shooting to be justified is what the person was doing at the time. I could be accused of killing three people in cold blood the police could get there and the ONLY way it would be a justified shoot is if at the time I was actually confronted I was displaying threatening behavior
Again, your perception of what unfolded is obviously grossly incorrect. Stop taking the OP's word for things - everything he's written is nonsense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
From what I read and understood of the article at the time she was actually fatally shot she was alone

Whomever wrote that is lying to you. The OP is lying to you. The other Babbitt simps and Trump/J6 supporters are lying to you. Watch the video.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,680.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
From what I read and understood of the article at the time she was actually fatally shot she was alone. Where she was and whom she was with minutes earlier does not make it a justified shoot; even if at the time she was with the people it would have been justified.
Then you've read wrong. She wasn't alone, but part of a group that was trying to break through a barricade that had staff and people from Congress behind it and the, iirc, two security personnel there at the moment. Whoever wrote or told you that she was alone, was just plain lying. Heck, even Valletta who keeps trying to justify this traitors acts just claimed in this thread that there were others there. Valletta just doesn't like to mention that it was a mob and what exactly they were doing at the moment. The breaking wasn't "minutes earlier", she was part of the mob as she was shot, she was forcing her way through the barricade as she got deservedly killed.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No, when Black Lives Matter mob members stepped past the barrier and approached police, the police did not shoot.

I'm not aware of any police in these situations who were protecting VIP's. Are you?

Plenty of protestors did get the snot kicked out of them for crossing barricades.

You can't shoot unless your life is in imminent danger, in this case it was not.

That is not true. Police typically have a lower legal standard for opening fire than civilians or military.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,680.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You can't shoot unless your life is in imminent danger, in this case it was not.
Now, this part for one is utterly wrong. If it wasn't, cops wouldn't be found not guilty of doing anything wrong when they shoot fleeing suspects.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
There is video of the actual shooting. You should go watch it so you don't rely on biased accounts for your understanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
However, even after reading the source itself it still does not sound like a justified shooting; since the officer admitted that he did not see her hands up or even know if she was male or female at the time of the shot. There is a such thing as shooting someone too quickly and this appears to be one such example; although I will say that seeking 30 MILLION dollars is a bit much.
The biggest problem to your understanding is that "Judicial Watch" is an insurrectionist publication. They are pro-Capitol mob.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Breaking through the door and then jumping over it.
Why do you accuse her of breaking down the door? I didn't see her do that. What do you think about the cop lying and saying that people were shooting at "us?"

• Agree
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The biggest problem to your understanding is that "Judicial Watch" is an insurrectionist publication. They are pro-Capitol mob.
Those who think it is OK to shoot an unarmed person when his or her life is not in imminent threat of danger are backing lawlessness. It is wrong to make exceptions because of bias toward a particular person or group.

• Agree
Upvote 0