• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Contraception is moral

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by metis2, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Clizby WampusCat

Clizby WampusCat Well-Known Member

+526
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Then show me the post where I said I wanted to restrict women's rights?

2. VirOptimus

VirOptimus A nihilist who cares.

+3,930
    Atheist
    Married

3. Estrid

Estrid Well-Known Member

+497
    Hong Kong
    Skeptic
    In Relationship
    That us such nonsense

4. Clizby WampusCat

+526
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    That quote does not show that my goal is to restrict women's rights.

5. VirOptimus

+3,930
    Atheist
    Married
    The result is the same.

So no difference.

6. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,292
    Christian
    Private
    it has EVERYTHING. You can't pretend to care about fetuses to the point of in some states making miscarriage a crime, but as soon as they are born you care nothing for them.

Oh they can't afford food, well it's their fault, we can't help raise minimum wage to make sure people can feed and house their families.

We can't increase funding to their education.

It's been pointed out that the right don't care about children or people as soon as they are born. Suddenly all that, "All life is precious." goes out the window, it's hypocrisy and really points to the fact that it's about controlling woman. If the right cared about people as much as fetuses and were as willing to help them then MAYBE it be more believable.

funny how it goes in one breath to, "Abortion is murder." to, "You can't force me to wear a mask, or close businesses to save lives." or, "She had sex, it's her fault I'm not paying for her child I forced her to have."

7. Estrid

Estrid Well-Known Member

+497
    Hong Kong
    Skeptic
    In Relationship

This is a left- right thing, with half of your citizens
    gross hypocrites, not even human really as they care not
    for children?
    Personally, if I lived in the US, and felt the
    "Other party" so unjustly aboutvme, I'd loathe them
    right back, harder, as I'd have reason to.

Your democrat led big cities are probably the
    worst places of all to beva child of poverty.

But no doubt as long as there are points, even just
    self righteous virtue-points from name game finger pointing
    and vilifying, well, thems points and a lot easier than
    working for understanding and solutions.

You guys, honestly. I wont ever go back to live
    in America.

The epitaph for America, if yiu get one
    should read.

"What a ( expletive deleted) stupid waste"

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  8. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+17,431
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    In this case it's true "nonsense." Even if you believe that there is a "baby" from the moment of conception, abortion does not always kill it.

9. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+17,431
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Some Republican-run Southern states are arguably as bad or worse, and not all cities with poverty issues are run by Democrats.

10. Clizby WampusCat

+526
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    The difference is that my goal is not to oppress women. Just as I don't believe your goal is to oppress the unborn. When rights conflict both parties cannot have whatever they want.

11. VirOptimus

+3,930
    Atheist
    Married
    Results are what counts. So, you want to opress women, you just dont want to own up.

12. Estrid

Estrid Well-Known Member

+497
    Hong Kong
    Skeptic
    In Relationship
    Label as you will, that which was aborted was alive.

13. Estrid

Estrid Well-Known Member

+497
    Hong Kong
    Skeptic
    In Relationship
    I'm pretty sure you got my point regarding
    dem v rep in matters of caring and success.

14. Clizby WampusCat

+526
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I see you are not interested in truth but just want to rant about the right and that we all must be alike.

15. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+20,526
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    I'm sorry, this original post makes far too much sense for someone with fewer than 10 posts. Where is the trolling and/or fictional personal situation?

By which I mean, "Welcome, relatively sane person."

16. Clizby WampusCat

+526
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    No, I acknowledge the fact that when two peoples rights are in conflict someone must give up some to make it fair and moral. You refuse to own up to the fact that the unborn have rights and you don't care about oppressing them.

17. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+5,487
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    All this blaming everyone about want to oppress people is hardly getting us anywhere.

18. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,292
    Christian
    Private
    I'm very interested in truth, I just love the hypocrisy of the right that pretend to care about babies but only care about fetuses. The world is starting to realize you guys are a bunch of jokes that just want to act moral while being immoral.

19. VirOptimus

+3,930
    Atheist
    Married
    Hypothetical persons dont have rights.

20. Direct Driver

Direct Driver Well-Known Member

+437
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    It's not human until it becomes more than one cell. It takes that first split, at least for me. But even then, I think this issue is a red herring. Kinda like pregnancy from rape.