• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Contraception is moral

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by metis2, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+17,431
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    with all due respect, I think you are underestimating their number and influence.

2. VirOptimus

VirOptimus A nihilist who cares.

+3,930
    Atheist
    Married
    Pretty much, and I have never seen any argument convincing me that thats not the truth.

3. VirOptimus

+3,930
    Atheist
    Married
    I havent seen any such reasons.

And it always ends up as women opression when abortion rights are hindered.

4. Estrid

Estrid Well-Known Member

+497
    Hong Kong
    Skeptic
    In Relationship
    I am not anti woman. Not an argument, a fact.

5. VirOptimus

+3,930
    Atheist
    Married
    So you say.

6. Estrid

Estrid Well-Known Member

+497
    Hong Kong
    Skeptic
    In Relationship
    I don't do self loathing

7. Clizby WampusCat

Clizby WampusCat Well-Known Member

+526
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    And they are stereotypes.

8. Clizby WampusCat

+526
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    There is a difference between having a goal of oppressing women and what you perceive as oppression because abortion is limited. I assume you believe that any abortion restriction oppresses women. I believe unrestricted abortion oppresses the unborn.

9. VirOptimus

+3,930
    Atheist
    Married
    You can belive whatever you want, doesnt make it worth considering.

Dont like abortions, dont have one. But dont force women to live by your rules.

10. Estrid

Estrid Well-Known Member

+497
    Hong Kong
    Skeptic
    In Relationship
    "Kills".

11. Clizby WampusCat

+526
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    If they have all this influence why are abortion restrictions being overturned by the courts in conservative states such as Louisiana and Texas? I acknowledge they are out there, but they have not had enough influence to come close to abolishing abortion in this country for the last 50years. But maybe you are right.

12. Speedwell

+17,431
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    They are being overturned by the courts because they are unconstitutional, not because only a few people support them.

13. Clizby WampusCat

+526
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Where have I said I would force women to live by my rules? I am for doing whatever we can to reduce abortions but I am not convinced making it illegal is the best way to do that.

14. Speedwell

+17,431
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Not always. It is against the law to destroy a viable fetus, which means that abortion from at least late in the second trimester does not kill.

15. Clizby WampusCat

+526
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I agree. So why are you concerned they will get their way?

16. VirOptimus

+3,930
    Atheist
    Married
    No, you are arguing for restricting womens rights.

17. Clizby WampusCat

+526
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    And you are talking about restricting the rights of the unborn. You don't have any idea of what my thoughts are about the issue. You are assuming many things.

18. Speedwell

+17,431
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    I'm not concerned that they will get their way. I'm concerned that they taint opposition to abortion with religious bigotry. Look at the pushback you are experiencing in this very thread as a non-religious opponent to abortion.

19. VirOptimus

+3,930
    Atheist
    Married
    I can only argue what you post and my points stand.

20. Clizby WampusCat

+526
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    This is a good point.