• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Contraception is moral

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by metis2, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Direct Driver

Direct Driver Well-Known Member

+435
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I would agree - If I ever met someone that met that description.

2. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,283
    Christian
    Private
    Oh yeah pretend they don't exist. The right time and time again have shown they don't care about babies after born, it's only when fetuses they care. after that they will do everything to remove support for the babies and mothers, not care about sacrity of life when it comes to covid 19, or child support, or gun control, or many other things. People will start caring about what the right talks about, if they start showing it's more then just pretending to be moral.

3. Eloy Craft

Eloy Craft Myth only points, Truth happened! Supporter

+686
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It always ends a human life.

4. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+17,212
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    No, it doesn't. If the abortion takes place and the fetus is saved, then it does not end a human life.

5. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,325
    Anglican
    Married
    That would not be the case in this country (USA).

It's true that the Catholic Church is opposed to both abortion and contraception devices, but otherwise (and also among ordinary Catholic laymen and women), the two are not thought of in the same way.

6. Direct Driver

+435
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I'm just saying I've never met one.

7. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,283
    Christian
    Private
    Yeah not like they are on the news all the time and in goverment.

8. Clizby WampusCat

Clizby WampusCat Well-Known Member

+502
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    That is the issue isn't it.

9. VirOptimus

VirOptimus A nihilist who cares.

+3,871
    Atheist
    Married
    No, its not.

The issue is womens rights.

10. Clizby WampusCat

+502
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Well lumping everyone in to a viewpoint that you think they have is not helpful. Have a nice afternoon.

11. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,325
    Anglican
    Married
    That's right. They aren't.

But just making the claim delights some people.

12. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,325
    Anglican
    Married
    No one has the right to murder someone else, even if there's a snappy slogan to go with it!

13. Clizby WampusCat

+502
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    And the unborns rights. We disagree on whether the unborn have rights. That is the issue.

14. VirOptimus

+3,871
    Atheist
    Married
    Abortion is not murder, learn the meaning of words. Murder has a definition.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Direct Driver

+435
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I wouldn't know. Usually I'm only exposed to a few quick comments that preclude me from forming a solid opinion on how they actually feel about everyone's right to life - of the born or unborn.

16. VirOptimus

+3,871
    Atheist
    Married
    No, unborn dont have rights, look it up.

17. Clizby WampusCat

+502
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I never said they did. Do you listen or just assume what others say. I said I think they should, this is where we disagree.

18. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,325
    Anglican
    Married
    That is one opinion. And we've already been informed that women's "rights" is what governs the issue in the minds of some people, so whether or not abortion is murder doesn't even enter into the matter when that's present.

19. VirOptimus

+3,871
    Atheist
    Married
    Its not opinion, its fact.

Look up the definition.

20. VirOptimus

+3,871
    Atheist
    Married
    No, you want to opress women without saying so.