Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
Brotha Ballew said:
how many have you read?

Only a dozen or so. But that is not the point. If someone only wants to talk to priests or preachers with the same theological position as themselves it is not too hard to make sure of it.

As an example:

1. In the beginning it pleased God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for the manifestation of the glory of his eternal power, wisdom, and goodness, to create or make the world, and all things therein, whether visible or invisible, in the space of six days, and all very good.

taken from: http://www.bible.ca/cr-baptist-ref.htm

which is the statements of faith of the reformed baptists.

Upvote 0

Mike Flynn

Sep 19, 2003
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
FEZZILLA said:
Let me spell it out for you.
How can a big bang create an eternal beginning?:confused: :scratch: :o
I missed this little gem.

1. evolution does NOT SAY ETERNAL BEGINNING.
2. big bang does not say eternal beginning.

What's your point?

Its been fun fezz...watching you invent your own theories, and then prove to everyone that they make no sense. Amazing!

Upvote 0

MySavior

Sep 9, 2003
Alabama
Visit site
✟364.00
Faith
Christian
Chi_Cygni said:
Do the Young Earth Creationists (YEC) out there really believe that the scientific community is conspiring to promote an old earth model so as to undermine scripture?

Do YEC's believe that real science is being done in the creationist realm and that mainstream science is deliberately ignoring and/or sabotaging it .

Sir,

Maybe I can shed some light on the subject. I was raised by YEC, was born and raised in a YEC town, have lived in the same town my whole life and am YEC (but moving closer and closer to the exit sign).

YEC teaches that almost everyone in science knows the truth (what this means is that everyone believes and knows that the Earth is young) They then say the scientific community does not want to acknowledge this because then they would have to live a good wholesome life because it would make the Bible the ultimate authority in there lives. YEC also teaches that science is pushong these falshoods to push people away from God for their own agenda.

I used to think this to. Now I realize I did NOT THINK, at all. I just believed whatever I was told, like a good little YEC. I am having a hard time right now because I feel like I have wasted a lot of time and potential brainpower.

-MySavior :)

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
MySavior said:
I used to think this to. Now I realize I did NOT THINK, at all. I just believed whatever I was told, like a good little YEC. I am having a hard time right now because I feel like I have wasted a lot of time and potential brainpower.

Don't fret. I think the next couple of years will be a great experience for you. To experience the knowledge of science for what it is and to really look into what it says and what we understand about the world we live in is the best way to experience Gods creation and can only increase your fascination with it.

Upvote 0

Vance

Contributor
Jul 16, 2003
✟23,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
. . . and, in the end, provide a much more stable foundation for your faith. Just think if you had somehow come across all this knowledge about science from a source that did not show you how it was entirely compatible with your (our) Christian beliefs? If you still believed that scientific theories of an old earth and evolution were diametrically opposed to Scripture, and began to see the sense of the science, you might very well lose your faith. This has unfortunately happened to many. The sad legacy of the upsurging YEC movement over the last few decades.

I think God led you here so that you could gain this new perspective in a way that did NOT shake your faith.

Upvote 0

Mike Flynn

Sep 19, 2003
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
MySavior said:

Whatever you do, remember that Christ is the rock, all of our opinions and theories are like the sand. Build your foundation of faith on the rock...its that simple. Don't let anyone (YEC or otherwise) tell you that faith is any more complicated than that.

What you have come to realize recently about YEC is that they have built a good part of their foundation on the sand...and this is a healthy thing to see.

Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mike Flynn said:

"The cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be." :bow: ~Carl Sagan

He's considered one of everlutions man-gods.
He said it, not me.
When im done with my next post i hope you will see that there is no shame whatsoever accepting the literal days of creation like the bible teaches.
I do have an axiom that will be hard if not impossible for theistic evolutionsit to come back at.
If you love the lord and trust the lord then you should also trust Him at his word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JGMEERT

Just say NO to YEC'ism
May 13, 2002
Gainesville
Visit site
✟665.00
Faith
Christian
FEZZILLA said:
Mike Flynn said:

"The cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be." :bow: ~Carl Sagon

JM: I've never heard of Carl Sagon. Carl Sagan, now there's a smart dude!

Cheers

Joe Meert

Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
TALKING POINTS:

First off, i'd like you all to look up Jeremiah 31:35-37. I think this would enlighten you a little.

MegaNote: In Matthew 19:4-5 Jesus quotes and acknowleges Gen.1:27 & 2:24 has literal history! This contradicts the Catholic church and Theistic evolution!!
Yes, i did say the Catholic Church! The Pope denies Genesis chapter one and two as literal truth. On page 6, in the "New American Bible (Saint Joseph Edition)," You'll see the Popes signature stating he agrees with the teachings of the NAB. On page 19 under "6. Literary genres or forms," you'll see-"b) The Allegory." Vatican calls Genesis 2,3;4,1-16;6--8;11,19, folktales, or in scientific error. In other words, Jesus Christ is a human liar and son of a b*tch! Theistic evolution also agrees that the bible is not literal truth. All this doubt because of Darwin, :bow: the messiah.

Lev.11:6 says the rabbit chews the cud. Evolution biology disagrees.
But when we find out that the rabbit re-eats its partly digested fecal pellets, we find biology in error and the bible right!
So why do you christians of this forum not trust the prophetic word of God?

Do you know anything at all about the "New Age Movement" and what it consist of? Terms like "Scientific Atheism" and "Secular Humanism" come into mind when we apply evolution to society. Darwin inspired Marx, Lenin,Stalin,Hitler and Paul Kurtz (author of the American commy liberal book "Humanist Manifesto 1&2." Man like Julian Huxley wrote about Eugenics, and his 'indirect' dream of breeding out christians through evolution education. Richard Dawkins, teaches in his book "The blind Watchmaker" that we who disagree with evolution are Ignorant, and stupid. Combine this with J.Huxley's eugenic speach and you have christian prosecution and the mark of the beast. For christians can avoid prosecution if they accept the mark of the Darwinian Christ. All right, maybe i'm going to far on the mark of the beast talk; but it has come into mind and it is possible that evolution and HM2's Autonomous Man is the fulfillment of a Revelation prophecy. Let me dig further and see what we have.
Anton LaVey wrote the "Satanic Bible" in 1969. This whole book was a materialistic concept of Darwinian evolution. LaVey only acknowledges Satan has a symbol, yet in the same breath, encourages satanic worship. Evolution is Satan's established religion. If you play the Eagles song "Hotal California" backwards you'll hear, "Yes, Satan! He organized his own religion." Darwin and LaVey agree! The eagles themselves had strong ties with the church of Satan.

From the beginning satan hated God's creation. He even wanted to be God and start his own religion. So how can christians worship both Satan and Christ:eek: ? They can't! The bible and evolution teach twon different beliefs. And no, Evolution isn't the final say in science. Its the science of one religion vs. the science of another. The bible is without error, and "Origins" is gull of them.

MEASURING the stars of the universe. Evolution astronomers are frustrated because star measurements say that the stars are older than the red shift measurements say about the universe. So, if the universe is younger than the stars, then the universe had a beginning. This info i got from the Science channel which is evolution run (like most media outlets).
Science really don't know how old the universe is. Their equipment is only so usefull. So if you think science has solved it all, think again and read you bible.

And thats the memo.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟28,817.00
Faith
Taoist
Dawkins was right, as you appear to be ignorant about evolution.

Maybe go and learn about it, then try again. :)

BTW, you should look up what "chewing cud" really means as you got that wrong too. :D

FEZZILLA said:
TALKING POINTS:

First off, i'd like you all to look up Jeremiah 31:35-37. I think this would enlighten you a little.

MegaNote: In Matthew 19:4-5 Jesus quotes and acknowleges Gen.1:27 & 2:24 has literal history! This contradicts the Catholic church and Theistic evolution!!
Yes, i did say the Catholic Church! The Pope denies Genesis chapter one and two as literal truth. On page 6, in the "New American Bible (Saint Joseph Edition)," You'll see the Popes signature stating he agrees with the teachings of the NAB. On page 19 under "6. Literary genres or forms," you'll see-"b) The Allegory." Vatican calls Genesis 2,3;4,1-16;6--8;11,19, folktales, or in scientific error. In other words, Jesus Christ is a human liar and son of a b*tch! Theistic evolution also agrees that the bible is not literal truth. All this doubt because of Darwin, :bow: the messiah.

Lev.11:6 says the rabbit chews the cud. Evolution biology disagrees.
But when we find out that the rabbit re-eats its partly digested fecal pellets, we find biology in error and the bible right!
So why do you christians of this forum not trust the prophetic word of God?

Do you know anything at all about the "New Age Movement" and what it consist of? Terms like "Scientific Atheism" and "Secular Humanism" come into mind when we apply evolution to society. Darwin inspired Marx, Lenin,Stalin,Hitler and Paul Kurtz (author of the American commy liberal book "Humanist Manifesto 1&2." Man like Julian Huxley wrote about Eugenics, and his 'indirect' dream of breeding out christians through evolution education. Richard Dawkins, teaches in his book "The blind Watchmaker" that we who disagree with evolution are Ignorant, and stupid. Combine this with J.Huxley's eugenic speach and you have christian prosecution and the mark of the beast. For christians can avoid prosecution if they accept the mark of the Darwinian Christ. All right, maybe i'm going to far on the mark of the beast talk; but it has come into mind and it is possible that evolution and HM2's Autonomous Man is the fulfillment of a Revelation prophecy. Let me dig further and see what we have.
Anton LaVey wrote the "Satanic Bible" in 1969. This whole book was a materialistic concept of Darwinian evolution. LaVey only acknowledges Satan has a symbol, yet in the same breath, encourages satanic worship. Evolution is Satan's established religion. If you play the Eagles song "Hotal California" backwards you'll hear, "Yes, Satan! He organized his own religion." Darwin and LaVey agree! The eagles themselves had strong ties with the church of Satan.

From the beginning satan hated God's creation. He even wanted to be God and start his own religion. So how can christians worship both Satan and Christ:eek: ? They can't! The bible and evolution teach twon different beliefs. And no, Evolution isn't the final say in science. Its the science of one religion vs. the science of another. The bible is without error, and "Origins" is gull of them.

MEASURING the stars of the universe. Evolution astronomers are frustrated because star measurements say that the stars are older than the red shift measurements say about the universe. So, if the universe is younger than the stars, then the universe had a beginning. This info i got from the Science channel which is evolution run (like most media outlets).
Science really don't know how old the universe is. Their equipment is only so usefull. So if you think science has solved it all, think again and read you bible.

And thats the memo.
:wave:

Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Arikay said:
1.)Dawkins was right, as you appear to be ignorant about evolution.

2.)Maybe go and learn about it, then try again. :)

3.)BTW, you should look up what "chewing cud" really means as you got that wrong too. :D

1.) Dawkins would rather see Julian Huxley's plan to breed out the christians by means of naturalistic education. You call yourself a christian yet support Secular Humanistic ideology...?

2.) I am becoming an expert,..even a master in the knowledge of Evolution. It's you who should study your facts much more carefully.

3.) They've already proven that Rabbits are (by full definition) cud chewing animals. Biology was academically proven wrong (again) by the bible.
You do know that there are several creationist that teach a young earth/universe view, right? This teaching is biblical and more accurate than secular science.
Check out one of my favorite books sometime (its real cheap-$7.00)
Its called "STARLIGHT AND TIME," by D.Russell Humpherys. This book made the bible come alive on me, and now i love watching it breathe;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟28,817.00
Faith
Taoist
1) Source please.
and no, I dont call myself a christian. :D

2) Really now. Give me a basic definition of the theory of evolution. You should be able to do it, right? Nah, I bet you will dodge it like last time. :)

3)
A)Source please.
IIRC Chewing cud is the action of regurgitating food from a second stomach, and chewing it, Not eating fecal matter.

B) would this be the same Humphery who thought up Polonium halos? The same Humphery that admitted under oath that he faked data? I think ill keep my money. :D

FEZZILLA said:
1.) Dawkins would rather see Julian Huxley's plan to breed out the christians by means of naturalistic education. You call yourself a christian yet support Secular Humanistic ideology...?

2.) I am becoming an expert,..even a master in the knowledge of Evolution. It's you who should study your facts much more carefully.

3.) They've already proven that Rabbits are (by full definition) cud chewing animals. Biology was academically proven wrong (again) by the bible.
You do know that there are several creationist that teach a young earth/universe view, right? This teaching is biblical and more accurate than secular science.
Check out one of my favorite books sometime (its real cheap-$7.00)
Its called "STARLIGHT AND TIME," by D.Russell Humpherys. This book made the bible come alive on me, and now i love watching it breathe;)

Upvote 0

Mike Flynn

Sep 19, 2003
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
Welcome back fezz. I see little has changed. :sigh:

lets look at your post:

FEZZILLA said:
TALKING POINTS:

Read the whole passage (Jeremiah 31) and then tell us what you think it means. Do you really think it stands against science?

FEZZILLA said:
Matthew 19:4-5
And He answered and said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE,[size=-1]
and said, 'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH'?
[/size]
The first verse says God created them. The second berse says when you get married, you become as one entity before God. If this contradicts theistic evolution, then how? Theistic evolution says 'God created them male and female' as well...and what does marraige have to do with it? In short, there is no text here that disqualifies theistic evolution. As usual Fezz, your interpretations of scriptures are as confused as your contrived interpretations of science. (and I am sorry for being so blunt)

Let me see if I can summarize your efforts here:

1. You have twisted and misinterpreted and even invented false science (burnt dino bones and such) in order to prove your point. Does being a Christian mean being deceitful?

2. You have arrogantly accused Catholics and theistic evolutionists of being anti-Christian. And so, you choose to disrupt and spread chaos in the Body of Christ. Is that your calling for Christ?

3. You have harshly judged others in contradiction to some of the most important principles of being a Christian. Who gave you such authority?

4. You seem intent to spread stumbling blocks out into the church and into the world with your assertion that your interpretation of Genesis is the only valid interpretation of Genesis. In so doing to stand convicted of your own judgements.

The Bible says we can judge if something is good or bad by the fruit that it produces. What good fruit are you producing here fezz? Aren't you supposed to love thy enemy? Aren't you supposed to refrain from judging? Aren't you supposed to have a character of humility and humbleness about your faith? We have seen none of these qualities here.

Insults will not win more people over to Christ Fezz. If you think you are doing God's work with your arguments then I believe you are deceived.

What you believe about Genesis is not about salvation fezz. You should not stand in the way of those who would otherwise accept Christ. Isn't that the real work of the 'enemy'?

Upvote 0

Mike Flynn

Sep 19, 2003
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
FEZZILLA said:
Mike Flynn said:

"The cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be." :bow: ~Carl Sagan

He said it, not me.
And one man's opinion invalidates evolution? If we adhere to this logic, then the Office of the Inquisition should have wiped out Christianity. What about all of the atrocities that have been done in the name of Christ? Do these people stand as evidence that being Christian is wrong? Of course not.

Here's a hint: you can dig up all of the crazy people who have misinterpreted evolution, or twisted it, or called it anti-god...that doesn't mean evolution is wrong...no more than the Inquisition invalidates Christianity. Does this make sense? If it does, then stop making irrelevant arguments (quoting people, then generalizing to everyone...its WRONG)

Fezzilla said:
If you love the lord and trust the lord then you should also trust Him at his word.
Now you are implying that I don't trust God at His word? Another accusation and false judgement. I just don't agree with your interpretation of Genesis. Is not agreeing with fezzilla the same as not agreeing with God?

Upvote 0

Mike Flynn

Sep 19, 2003
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
FEZZILLA said:
MEASURING the stars of the universe. Evolution astronomers are frustrated because star measurements say that the stars are older than the red shift measurements say about the universe. So, if the universe is younger than the stars, then the universe had a beginning.
The universe is younger than the stars? I'm sorry, but cosmology says no such thing. I challenge you to find one legitimate paper that supports your assertions. And please stop telling us the same tired old line: 'The discovery channel told me'. I have 5 years of applied physics education in university that tells me otherwise. Somehow you seem to be the only person who has noticed such stunning revelations and contradictions in cosmology just by watching the discovery channel.

Everytime you talk about science, your ignorance speaks volumes. Humphreys is a creationist astronomer, who has falsified data (IOW lied) to prove his theories. Does that sound like God's work to you?

BTW almost all cosmologists believe the universe had a beginning. Its called the Big Bang. :) And I believe it just might describe the way God has worked his wonders.

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
FEZZILLA said:
Evolution astronomers are frustrated because star measurements say that the stars are older than the red shift measurements say about the universe.
That's apparently what happens when you let biologists operate the telescopes. I guess if the astronomers were allowed to use the microscopes, they would tell us that tiny fairies inhabit the cosmos.:D:wave:

Upvote 0