Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Friends probably shouldn't (and probably don't) post the name of their closest friends online. I would never post my friends' names online... just seems like a good idea.
That's fair. However, she is long gone years and years ago. We are no longer in touch, and there are apparently a million women of that name. It must be quite popular, because I have looked for her, and can't find her.

But that's a fair point.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's nifty and pointless. I haven't met a single person yet that was sad that white supremacy is considered bad.

Well, then allow me to introduce you to Rep Steve King, the subject of the OP:

A Timeline of Steve King’s Racist Remarks and Divisive Actions

(scroll down to 2019 for the white supremacy quote, though feel free to read all the rest)

People that support "Black Lives Matter" but hate both "All Lives Matter" and "Blue Lives Matter" even when some of those police are black.... are racists. Simple.

Whatever you say.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, then allow me to introduce you to Rep Steve King, the subject of the OP:

A Timeline of Steve King’s Racist Remarks and Divisive Actions

(scroll down to 2019 for the white supremacy quote, though feel free to read all the rest)

Whatever you say.

Right, which is why Steve King was removed from his committee appointments, and censured.

Please explain why Omar, who has said far worse things, that have been far more racists, has had nothing done to her?

Right-wing are just flat out better people, than those on the left, and our actions prove it.

Again, if you claim to be against Racism, prove it by practicing what you preach. The Republicans removed King from his key positions. What have the Democrats done to Omar? Nothing. Which is why you complaining here about King, is just pure hypocrisy. You don't care about racism at all, unless it involves someone from the opposition, and then you use it as a political football to kick around.

Here we have this thread where left-wingers are freaking out because a few nut job Republicans are trying, and won't succeed at putting King back on a committee... and the left-wingers haven't even tried to punish Omar for her endless racists statements.

Pure hypocrisy.

You guys need to either start having your actions live up to your mouth... or with all due respect... close your mouth. The endless hypocrisy on your side of this discussion, is sickening. Flat out sickening.

Whatever you say

Yeah, because I'm dead on right, and you know it.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have clear undeniable racists in Congress, and you don't punish them. We did. You didn't. We held a standard against racism. You didn't.
You didn't punish anyone and I don't think there are any Congress members on this site, Rep. or Dem., that can do anything.
Go team, Go! Fight team, Fight! :sigh:

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Right, which is why Steve King was removed from his committee appointments, and censured.

Please explain why Omar, who has said far worse things, that have been far more racists, has had nothing done to her?

Right-wing are just flat out better people, than those on the left, and our actions prove it.

Again, if you claim to be against Racism, prove it by practicing what you preach. The Republicans removed King from his key positions. What have the Democrats done to Omar? Nothing. Which is why you complaining here about King, is just pure hypocrisy. You don't care about racism at all, unless it involves someone from the opposition, and then you use it as a political football to kick around.

Here we have this thread where left-wingers are freaking out because a few nut job Republicans are trying, and won't succeed at putting King back on a committee... and the left-wingers haven't even tried to punish Omar for her endless racists statements.

Pure hypocrisy.

You guys need to either start having your actions live up to your mouth... or with all due respect... close your mouth. The endless hypocrisy on your side of this discussion, is sickening. Flat out sickening.

I don't agree that what Omar said was worse than what King has said and espoused, nor do I think you're applying standards evenly. I'm not going to defend Omar, because I don't know that she wasn't deliberately throwing around dog whistles. But there is some measure of plausible deniability in what she said and some truth in it as well if you accept her explanation that they were directed at Israel and our foreign policy, rather than at Jewish people.

OTOH, there's virtually no charitable way to defend some of the things King has said.

Whatever you say

Yeah, because I'm dead on right, and you know it.

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Boy, you've got my number.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't agree that what Omar said was worse than what King has said and espoused, nor do I think you're applying standards evenly. I'm not going to defend Omar, because I don't know that she wasn't deliberately throwing around dog whistles. But there is some measure of plausible deniability in what she said and some truth in it as well if you accept her explanation that they were directed at Israel and our foreign policy, rather than at Jewish people.
OTOH, there's virtually no charitable way to defend some of the things King has said.
Yes, that's exactly what it is. Boy, you've got my number.

Well, if you actually consider what Omar to have said is not racists.... then I consider what King said to not be racists. You can slander an entire race of people, and say we can't trust them because they have duel loyalty, claim that congress is being bought off by Jewish money to be pro-israel....

Then by that logic.... saying that isn't a clearly racists statement... then by your standard nothing King said was racists either.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You didn't punish anyone and I don't think there are any Congress members on this site, Rep. or Dem., that can do anything.
Go team, Go! Fight team, Fight! :sigh:

Yes or no, the Republicans, whom I have voted for, removed King from his committees.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, if you actually consider what Omar to have said is not racists.... then I consider what King said to not be racists. You can slander an entire race of people, and say we can't trust them because they have duel loyalty,

IIRC, those comments were made in response to a push to enact anti-BDS legislation that would, among other things, prohibit government contractors from participating in BDS boycotts. That's a pretty significant attack on first amendment rights and there's a valid argument to be made that such a push does suggest divided loyalties.

claim that congress is being bought off by Jewish money to be pro-israel....

Everybody in Congress is bought off. Is it now off-limits to point that out when the alleged briber is from Israel.

Again, I don't know that she wasn't deliberately using dog whistles, but her points have merit if taken at face value.

Then by that logic.... saying that isn't a clearly racists statement... then by your standard nothing King said was racists either.

No, King's statements weren't comparable. There are no charitable, non-xenophobic ways to interpret his comments about culture. His history with making these comments is also much longer and more extensive than Omar's, and his repeated support of far-right white nationalist politicians just lends more support to the claims against him.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't see why not....

It's not as if they removed Omar from the Foreign Affairs committee after her anti-Semitic statements. This sort of thing should be consistent. They should either remove people who make racist statements or not.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't see why not....

It's not as if they removed Omar from the Foreign Affairs committee after her anti-Semitic statements. This sort of thing should be consistent. They should either remove people who make racist statements or not.

Assuming for the moment that different political groups should be compelled to behave similarly in the name of "consistency," what specific anti-Semitic comments did you have in mind?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Assuming for the moment that different political groups should be compelled to behave similarly in the name of "consistency," what specific anti-Semitic comments did you have in mind?

They were in the news awhile back.

Edit- It's also worth pointing out that her own party was calling her statements anti-Semitic. So unless it was the Republicans who were calling out King's statements and demanding he be removed from those committees....then we're just talking about consistency amongst the Democrats.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
They were in the news awhile back.

Yes, I read about them... And in so doing, I know specifically what she said and the context in which she said it.

I was asking if you did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, I read about them... And in so doing, I know specifically what she said and the context in which she said it.

I was asking if you did.

Her wikipedia page has the 3 big ones I've heard of. ("all about the benjamins", Israel hypnotizing the world, and the one about loyalty) There's enough truth in her statements to get the unaware to defend her; and there's enough dog whistle for others to at least raise an eyebrow.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Her wikipedia page has the 3 big ones I've heard of. ("all about the benjamins", Israel hypnotizing the world, and the one about loyalty) There's enough truth in her statements to get the unaware to defend her; and there's enough dog whistle for others to at least raise an eyebrow.

There is some ambiguity, but it makes little sense to publicly apologize for a dog whistle... as she has done. Better to deny the implications and double down on the statements... as King as done.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I was asking if you did.

Sure did....I actually made a thread about it at the time.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There is some ambiguity, but it makes little sense to publicly apologize for a dog whistle... as she has done. Better to deny the implications and double down on the statements... as King as done.

Well she apologized for one....doubled down on the other.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Unironically, I agree - it's called courage of conviction. The President didn't apologize his way into the White House, and as for King, well he was the only GOP congressman in Iowa to survive last year's midterms.

Upvote 0