SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Steve King asks how terms 'white nationalist' and 'white supremacist' became offensive
Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) is questioning how terms such as "white nationalist" and "white supremacist" became offensive in the U.S.

"White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization - how did that language become offensive?" King asked in an interview with The New York Times published on Thursday. "Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?"

Quack!

I remember someone using the term "western" when promoting white supremacy, I have to give you style points for creativity.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
He is either showing his ignorance, or revealing his position on the topic. The first can be cured, the second is reason not to vote for him again.
He revealed his position on the topic a long time ago. It is definitely not the former option.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Steve King Loses House Committee Seats Over White Supremacy Remark
House Republican leaders removed Representative Steve King of Iowa from the Judiciary and Agriculture Committees on Monday night as party officials scrambled to appear tough on racism and contain damage from comments Mr. King made to The New York Times questioning why white supremacy is considered offensive.

The punishment came on a day when Mr. King was denounced by an array of Republican leaders, though not President Trump. The Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, suggested Mr. King find “another line of work” and Senator Mitt Romney said he should quit. And the House Republicans, in an attempt to be proactive, stripped him of the committee seats in the face of multiple Democratic resolutions to censure Mr. King that are being introduced this week.

Reactions: adrianmonk
Upvote 0