Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You have misquoted Omar. She said those things about Israel, not Jews. As for dual loyalty, do you complain when Muslims are accused of dual loyalty? How about when Obama was accused of dual loyalty by people who thought he is Muslim?

Netanyahu has bragged about manipulating the U.S. criticizing Israel is not the same as criticizing Jewish people. My jewish friends are very anti-Israel and anti-Zionism.

Which sitting person in congress, has accused Muslims of dual loyalty? Name the person, and I will vote against them.

Name the person in congress, a sitting member of congress, who accused Obama of 'duel loyalty"? Name the person, and provide a citation of the statement which includes the phrase "duel loyalty", and I will oppose them.

You have misquoted Omar.

Sounds like an excuse to support a racists.

As for dual loyalty, do you complain when Muslims are accused of dual loyalty?

So supporting a clear racists, is acceptable if the other side is doing it.

Ok, by your own standard, I don't want to hear about Steven King, ever again.

Practice what you preach, or stop preaching. That seems like a fair standard, yes?

Omar's comments touched upon a long-running, and particularly ugly, thread of the anti-Semitic movement — that Jewish money fuels backing for Israel in the United States and elsewhere. A freshman Democrat, Max Rose of New York, said, "Congresswoman Omar's statements are deeply hurtful to Jews, including myself."
Ilhan Omar ignites new anti-Semitism controversy with comments on AIPAC
Funny how other people can clearly see her racism, but that doesn't stop people here defending it.

Don't get on your moralizing high horse, until you start putting into practice, what you claim to believe.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Name the person in congress, a sitting member of congress, who accused Obama of 'duel loyalty"? Name the person, and provide a citation of the statement which includes the phrase "duel loyalty", and I will oppose them.

That was one of the underlying fears behind the whole birth certificate thing.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh?!
NOW you complain about racist Congresspersons!?
Huh.

So did you read my prior posts?

If you don't have any problem with Omar, then I don't have any problem with King.

When you practice what you preach, I'll join you in opposing Racism.

But as long as you only have a problem with Racism, when it is a Republican, and have no problem with Omar, because she is a Democrat....

Then spare me your fake outrage over racism. You are not fooling anyone, but yourselves.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

If you don't have any problem with Omar, then I don't have any problem with King.

But as long as you only have a problem with Racism, when it is a Republican, and have no problem with Omar, because she is a Democrat....

Then spare me your fake outrage over racism. You are not fooling anyone, but yourselves.
You may have misunderstood me.

Our COUNTRY is racist.

If you disagree with that premise, then no further beneficial debate can occur.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic

What Omar said was not racism and you have simply stated you don't care about racism.

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,643.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

If your opposition to racism is conditional then it is not an issue you care about.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If your opposition to racism is conditional then it is not an issue you care about.

That is my point to you. If you can excuse Omar, then you really don't care about racism. You just want a reason to attack your political opponents.

Practice what you preach... or stop preaching.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
What Omar said was not racism and you have simply stated you don't care about racism.

So you are excusing clearly racists remarks by Omar.

You have simply stated you don't care about racism.

Either practice what you preach, or stop preaching.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Our COUNTRY is racist.

Agreed. Our country is most certainly not Racist. Go claim to be a Jew in Saudi Arabia, if you want to see what a real racists country is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,643.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
That is my point to you. If you can excuse Omar, then you really don't care about racism. You just want a reason to attack your political opponents.

Practice what you preach... or stop preaching.

Is that how it works? So I can claim that if you don't condemn Trump's tax cuts you don't care about the debt?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our COUNTRY is racist.

The United States of America has a very racist history and has since its inception. Racism against minorities still exists in this country today, but it isn't as horrific as it once was in the past. I think racism against minorities is embedded in this country's very fiber and it will probably always exist.

“Our nation was born in genocide when it embraced the doctrine that the original American, the Indian, was an inferior race. Even before there were large numbers of Negroes on our shores, the scar of racial hatred had already disfigured colonial society. From the sixteenth century forward, blood flowed in battles of racial supremacy. We are perhaps the only nation which tried as a matter of national policy to wipe out its Indigenous population. Moreover, we elevated that tragic experience into a noble crusade. Indeed, even today we have not permitted ourselves to reject or feel remorse for this shameful episode. Our literature, our films, our drama, our folklore all exalt it.” - Martin Luther King

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

eh.... Even if you extend her the biggest benefit of the doubt (which I did initially), she's employed a few phrases that have long been anti-Semitic dogwhistles. IMO, it's easy for a lot of us to miss that if we're not exposed to those phrases regularly (as I am not), but that ignorance is tougher for me to believe when we're talking about a person who comes from a community with a history of animosity towards Israel.

Agreed. Our country is most certainly not Racist. Go claim to be a Jew in Saudi Arabia, if you want to see what a real racists country is.

That kind of double-standard makes it hard to take seriously your apparent outrage at Omar.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Our COUNTRY is racist.

Elected Obama for president, along with a record number of blacks, hispanics and even Native Americans to Congress, has more black-owned and successful businesses than ever and now has a record-low black unemployment level. Yeah, such a racist country we are!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Elected Obama for president, along with a record number of blacks, hispanics and even Native Americans to Congress, has more black-owned and successful businesses than ever and now has a record-low black unemployment level. Yeah, such a racist country we are!

That's like arguing that a guy who drops from 400 lb down to 375 is no longer overweight.

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,643.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

See! We can't be racist. We have a black friend.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's like arguing that a guy who drops from 400 lb down to 375 is no longer overweight.

Is there a measurable way to determine whether an entire country is racist? Or is it just an opinion based on the emotions of people who are of a minority skin color?

Upvote 0