Wisconsin
✟27,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If I may, I have a few prayer requests...

First, I've been experiencing a reoccurance of migraines which my doctors and I thought we had licked... I'm even back on a higher dose of one of my meds that helped before, and this time they are not going away (I've had several in the last week). I would just ask anyone who feels moved to, to please pray that my doctors can figure out what is causing this again, and that we can again get it to stop soon. I/we don't know if this is being caused by an old gymnastics injury to my neck and remaining nerve damage, or whether it's being caused by something else. I've had migraines since I was about 13 years old, and it's not much fun... :cry:

Second, I'm finding it hard to discuss some things with my husband regarding going back to church. It seems that due to some of our past experiences he is having trouble with some trust issues and that's affecting his willingness to become involved in another church... Anyway, if you all feel like praying for my husband that he has a change of heart towards this issue I would very much appreciate it -- and also that we will be able to find a good church in our area!

Thank you so much everyone. I truly appreciate it.:hug:

~~ Tangeloper

Upvote 0
L

~*Lady Trekki*~

First, I've been experiencing a reoccurance of migraines which my doctors and I thought we had licked... I'm even back on a higher dose of one of my meds that helped before, and this time they are not going away (I've had several in the last week). I would just ask anyone who feels moved to, to please pray that my doctors can figure out what is causing this again, and that we can again get it to stop soon. I/we don't know if this is being caused by an old gymnastics injury to my neck and remaining nerve damage, or whether it's being caused by something else. I've had migraines since I was about 13 years old, and it's not much fun... :cry:

Second, I'm finding it hard to discuss some things with my husband regarding going back to church. It seems that due to some of our past experiences he is having trouble with some trust issues and that's affecting his willingness to become involved in another church... Anyway, if you all feel like praying for my husband that he has a change of heart towards this issue I would very much appreciate it -- and also that we will be able to find a good church in our area!

~~ Tangeloper
Those migraines can be mean buggers! I've had a few in my lifetime...will keep you in prayer for it Tangeloper. :hug: Also, will pray for your hubby.

Reactions: SunMessenger
Upvote 0

Greenthumb

So many seeds...so little time!
Feb 20, 2005
Greenthumb's Garden
✟69,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

~~ Tangeloper
Praying for you and for your husband. Migraines are horrible. I pray your doctor discovers the cause of them.

I have a special prayer request. Will y'all pray in agreement with me for a certain poster who is so confused? She really needs to be delivered from her confusion.

Lisa
Praying, Lisa.

Reactions: SunMessenger
Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
icon18.gif

Father I Pray For All Needs Here. I Pray For A Complete Entrance Of Your Beloved Holy Spirit . I Know You Love Us Father And We Know To Expect A Miracle. In Jesus Name I Pray .
Amen

Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
icon18.gif

God I Thank You For Allowing Me Another Day To Pray. In Jesus Name Please Touch Each Of Us With Your Miraculous Holy Spirit. We Need You Father . With You All Things Are Possible. I Pray In Jesus Name For Your Holy Intervention.
Amen

Upvote 0

Tangeloper

Happy New Year!
Jul 29, 2007
Wisconsin
✟27,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
icon18.gif

Lord, make us instruments
of your peace.
Where there is hatred
let us sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is discord, union;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.
Grant that we may not
so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood
as to understand;
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving
that we receive;
It is in pardoning
that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are
born to eternal life.
Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tangeloper

Happy New Year!
Jul 29, 2007
Wisconsin
✟27,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone,

I post this today feeling extremely depressed and needy. I'm really in need of some divine intervention!

Today is my husband and I's 15th Wedding Anniversary. This should be a happy day, but it's already off to a bad start...

As some of you know he's on short-term disability due to a back injury & surgery. Well, the small weekly check he receives has been held up for the last 2 weeks due to miscommunications between the doctor's office and the insurance company (AGAIN)... So, now we find ourselves with not much money left in our pockets and no idea when his next check will arrive (we depleted our savings about a month ago -- he's been off work since January). We have food and such, and we will not starve -- Praise the Lord -- however, we will have to be creative and go without some things for the time being...

The thing that is really bothering me is that I was unaware of how little money we had left until this morning. His mother and father gave us some money on Friday when they visited, and I'm really not sure how it went so fast!!! I know my husband didn't do it on purpose, and didn't spend money on frivolous things... but still it's almost gone! :sigh: I am also angry with myself because I am much better at budgeting when money is tight than he is, and I didn't take the initiative to prevent this....

Add to that the fact that we have gone through some very hard times over the last 15 years and as people often do when they come to a milestone we reflect back upon things that have transpired... I'm finding it extremely hard today for a variety of reasons to feel happy, and my mind is focused on all the bad things that have happened rather than our blessings (we have 4 beautiful healthy daughters, and our health problems are really pretty minor as it's nothing like illness some people must deal with, we have a roof over our heads, and food in the pantry, & perhaps most importantly I know we still love each other very much...).

I'm praying hard right now that Jesus will help to see the blessings in my life, and somehow get over the sadness, anger, and frustration I am feeling. I want to be able to spend the day with my husband in happiness, but we are both really feeling the stress (he is at the doctor right now finding out if he can go back to work next week, I usually accompany him on these visits, but we were both so angry we decided it would be better to take a break and let him go alone).

OK, now I'm REALLY rambling, I thank you for bearing with me as I vent a bit... I do feel rather silly venting all of this as we all don't know each other very well yet (my being a newbie here still), but I really didn't know what else to do -- I feel like crying but I can't even do that! :(

So... if any of you would be so kind as to remember my husband and I in your prayers today I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm sure he would as well.

May God bless all of you,
Tangeloper

Upvote 0

Chococat

I love Jesus and kittycats
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please pray for my father who is , God willing, going to have a hip replacement op in October. I don't think he and my mother are saved so please pray for that first and foremost. Also pray for a young Christian friend of mine who is hanging out with a girl online who describes herself as a "Luciferian". Please pray that this girl will either get saved or get out of the Christian girl's life.:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Upvote 0
F

free2be

Hi everyone,

I post this today feeling extremely depressed and needy. I'm really in need of some divine intervention!

Today is my husband and I's 15th Wedding Anniversary. This should be a happy day, but it's already off to a bad start...

As some of you know he's on short-term disability due to a back injury & surgery. Well, the small weekly check he receives has been held up for the last 2 weeks due to miscommunications between the doctor's office and the insurance company (AGAIN)... So, now we find ourselves with not much money left in our pockets and no idea when his next check will arrive (we depleted our savings about a month ago -- he's been off work since January). We have food and such, and we will not starve -- Praise the Lord -- however, we will have to be creative and go without some things for the time being...

The thing that is really bothering me is that I was unaware of how little money we had left until this morning. His mother and father gave us some money on Friday when they visited, and I'm really not sure how it went so fast!!! I know my husband didn't do it on purpose, and didn't spend money on frivolous things... but still it's almost gone! :sigh: I am also angry with myself because I am much better at budgeting when money is tight than he is, and I didn't take the initiative to prevent this....

Add to that the fact that we have gone through some very hard times over the last 15 years and as people often do when they come to a milestone we reflect back upon things that have transpired... I'm finding it extremely hard today for a variety of reasons to feel happy, and my mind is focused on all the bad things that have happened rather than our blessings (we have 4 beautiful healthy daughters, and our health problems are really pretty minor as it's nothing like illness some people must deal with, we have a roof over our heads, and food in the pantry, & perhaps most importantly I know we still love each other very much...).

I'm praying hard right now that Jesus will help to see the blessings in my life, and somehow get over the sadness, anger, and frustration I am feeling. I want to be able to spend the day with my husband in happiness, but we are both really feeling the stress (he is at the doctor right now finding out if he can go back to work next week, I usually accompany him on these visits, but we were both so angry we decided it would be better to take a break and let him go alone).

OK, now I'm REALLY rambling, I thank you for bearing with me as I vent a bit... I do feel rather silly venting all of this as we all don't know each other very well yet (my being a newbie here still), but I really didn't know what else to do -- I feel like crying but I can't even do that! :(

So... if any of you would be so kind as to remember my husband and I in your prayers today I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm sure he would as well.

May God bless all of you,
Tangeloper
Praying for you both sis! :hug: I pray God grants you both comfort and peace so you can enjoy the rest of your special day.

Please pray for my father who is , God willing, going to have a hip replacement op in October. I don't think he and my mother are saved so please pray for that first and foremost. Also pray for a young Christian friend of mine who is hanging out with a girl online who describes herself as a "Luciferian". Please pray that this girl will either get saved or get out of the Christian girl's life.:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Praying Chococat!:pray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Y'all please pray for me. We just got some very disappointing financial news. My husband was turned down for disability. He has worked since he was 12 years old and has been paying into the system all that time. He has had two heart attacks, he is bipolar, his legs were crushed last year, and he has arthritis in his spine. If that is not disabled, I don't know what is.

They told us that 70% are turned down, but get disability on appeal. (Meaning hire a lawyer...)

It has been terribly hard. We lost 60% of our income. We were really counting on this. My husband is not able to work, but he is just a number I guess.

Lisa

Upvote 0
F

free2be

Y'all please pray for me. We just got some very disappointing financial news. My husband was turned down for disability. He has worked since he was 12 years old and has been paying into the system all that time. He has had two heart attacks, he is bipolar, his legs were crushed last year, and he has arthritis in his spine. If that is not disabled, I don't know what is.

They told us that 70% are turned down, but get disability on appeal. (Meaning hire a lawyer...)

It has been terribly hard. We lost 60% of our income. We were really counting on this. My husband is not able to work, but he is just a number I guess.

Lisa
I'm shaking my head. It just doesn't make any sense!! :sigh: I'm sorry you're going through that, I'm praying for God to make a way for you....He is your provider!!! God bless you and your family Lisa. :hug:

Upvote 0
C

ContentInHim

Lisa - yes, get a lawyer.

Father, I ask that you comfort Lisa and her DH in their disappointment over their unjust rejection of disability benefits. I also ask for justice in this matter - that their case may miraculously be brought up again and approved or that a lawyer will take them on pro bono! Father I ask all this in the beautiful name of Jesus. Amen!

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Lisa
Praying!
God can and will sort this out - praying that He will give you both His peace while He does!
:hug:

Upvote 0