Conservative Christianity Prayer Thread

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank You all. I just got home and read the letter. It said that even though they realize that he will be unable to do his past jobs (truck driving), he should be able to do less demanding work. :eek:

The letter went on to say that if we hired a lawyer, and the decision was reversed, they would withhold 25% of our past benefits to pay the lawyer.

We already have a lawyer because we won my husband's worker's comp case. However, the guy is refusing to pay despite the court order. We are now waiting on him to be held in contempt. He will pay or go to jail.

We are also waiting on a personal injury and the insurance company has already ruled that the company was responsible. However, all the rest has to be sorted out before the PI can go through.

It is such a scam. There is big money at stake, and everyone wants a piece of the pie. Laws were written forcing ordinary people to hire lawyers to take 40% of whatever they get. It is just stupid, really.

Send your kids to law school is all I can tell you.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lisa - even if they take 25%, you and DH get 75%. AND 100% of nothing is nothing! :hug:

Also, if he is disabled for the rest of his working life it means that he will be on disability until he's 66 and then can go on full SS! Instead of retiring early I mean!

Oh, I know. It just irks me. I will be calling our lawyer first thing in the morning.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Tangeloper

Happy New Year!
Jul 29, 2007
Wisconsin
✟27,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you so very much to everyone who prayed for my husband and I. We are still very stressed, but have been able to "lay down our arms" for the time being! I am feeling much better than I was this morning, that is for sure!

Praise the Lord, we did get some good news today -- he will be able to return to work next Monday, and his boss is being VERY accomodating in an effort to ease him back into his work. Praise the Lord this particular trial looks to be almost at an end for us! :clap:

Please pray for my father who is , God willing, going to have a hip replacement op in October. I don't think he and my mother are saved so please pray for that first and foremost. Also pray for a young Christian friend of mine who is hanging out with a girl online who describes herself as a "Luciferian". Please pray that this girl will either get saved or get out of the Christian girl's life.

I will pray for both of your parents, Chococat. I know my husband and I were helped by the trials re: his back and surgery, etc... when it came to a renewal of our faith. I pray that the Lord will work in them the same way.

I will also pray for your friend, that she can be a light unto the darkness that is most likely plaguing her "Luciferian" friend. I will also pray for the Lord to grant her a hedge of protection so she will see clearly when interacting with this girl.

Y'all please pray for me. We just got some very disappointing financial news. My husband was turned down for disability. He has worked since he was 12 years old and has been paying into the system all that time. He has had two heart attacks, he is bipolar, his legs were crushed last year, and he has arthritis in his spine. If that is not disabled, I don't know what is.

They told us that 70% are turned down, but get disability on appeal. (Meaning hire a lawyer...)

It has been terribly hard. We lost 60% of our income. We were really counting on this. My husband is not able to work, but he is just a number I guess.

Lisa

Oh, Lisa!!! :hug: :hug: I can so relate to your frustration, even if not being in the exact same position. When my husband was first told he would need surgery they were NOT optimistic that he would be able to return to his job as a machinist -- the only thing he had ever trained for and has done for the last 20 years! This was probably the scariest thing we've ever heard as there was no way I could replace his income with my work history.

As for the insurance companies, and Social Security -- UGH! I'll tell you something that might give you a bit of hope -- my father worked as a Quality Assurance Claims Analyst for the Social Security Administration for over 25 years. He became disabled, and despite intimately knowing the system, he was STILL turned down the first time. I truly believe that many are turned down the first time due to the high number of applicants who attempt to defraud and abuse this system (this was told to me by my father years ago...). I do NOT think this is a wise practice, and I definitely see the problems this causes to people who truly need help such as your family. I would definitely recommend finding a lawyer and re-applying. It will be worth the headaches in the end as it sounds like you have a DEFINITE reason for needing this help. RE: The lawyer you choose -- shop around. There are many who will provide free consultations, and make sure you are dealing with one that specifically works with disability claims. This may mean that the lawyer you have for your personal injury suit, will not necessarily be the best one re: your SS claims case. However, if that lawyer does do both things, perhaps he will consider taking payment on the SS work after you receive your other judgements, etc... Gosh, does this even make sense!?!? Talk about confusing -- just trying to help in regards to suggestions makes my head spin. I can't imagine how you must feel right now dealing with what must be pages, and pages of red tape...

As for you and your husband feeling like you are just a number -- I can definitely relate to that feeling as well. It truly at times feels like a matter of life and death getting just that little bit of help, and to hear from others (who seem to have NO compassion at all) "you'll just have to wait", can truly drive one insane!!!

As for the rest -- I will pray for you and your husband that God will show you his love by removing barriers in your way. I will also pray for you that he will provide all you need during this time -- I have no doubt that he will... Even though what we feel we need, and what he knows we need might not exactly match all the time. (I speak thinking about the time when we lost our house, so it's not meant to imply you don't need this assistance - just to be clearer on that point. Sometimes the Lord works in ways that aren't apparent to us is all... )

Funny, this morning I was feeling sorry for myself for feeling the same things it sounds like you are dealing with right now -- but in a much more serious way... :doh: Please forgive me if my complaints caused you any strife...

Hang in there Lisa, and feel free to PM me if you ever need to vent or commiserate with someone who has faced many financial challenges...

Much love to you Lisa! :hug:

Tangeloper

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank You everyone. :hug: I am better this morning. It was just such a disappointment after waiting all of these months. God has provided every step of the way. He will continue to do so. I know that.

Lisa

Reactions: Criada
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chococat

I love Jesus and kittycats
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm praying for you both Lisa and Tangeloper.

Dear Lord I pray for all the needs of Your children who posted in this thread that You will abundantly meet them all. I also plead the Blood of Your Son Jesus over my friend Marrisa and over anyone else here who is under attack from the Enemy. Please send Your Holy Angels to watch over and protect Marrisa and the rest of Your children. I ask this in the precious Name of Jesus, Amen:prayer: :prayer: :pray: :pray:

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
icon18.gif

Lord, make us instruments
of your peace.
Where there is hatred
let us sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is discord, union;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.
Grant that we may not
so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood
as to understand;
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving
that we receive;
It is in pardoning
that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are
born to eternal life.
Amen
Amen

Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
icon18.gif

Father In Heaven I Have Come To Pray In The Name Of Beloved Jesus Christ. Father I Pray For All The Needs Of Your Children. Father The Needs Are Many. We Know All Is Possible With You Father For You Are Almighty. In Jesus Name Please Meet These Needs As Only You Can Do.
Amen

Upvote 0

Nicki4Christ

Cleverly Disguised As a Responsible Adult
May 3, 2007
Southern Lady
✟18,387.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please pray for me and my husband today. We have a financial decision to make.
:prayer: Please Father, Let me Hear Your Will , Not my Own, If This Is To Be, Or Not, It Is A Blessing From You, I Accept Whatever You Allow me, And I Thank You, Please Forgive me Of my Sins,
In Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Lord,
We are all sad and upset today. We love one another and we love you. We feel as if the rug has been pulled out from under us. Please speak wisdom to the owner of this site and help him to understand how harmful it is to secularize this site. We should please you not man. We are in your service, not for money, not for power, but to bring glory and honor to your name. In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen.

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank You, Lord, that You see everything, and as bad as it all seems, You will use this season and this strife to glorify You. Thank You, Father, that You are such a rock, that we can depend on You and trust You fully and with all of our hearts.

Lord, give us all the courage to stand firm on Your word, and to be the lights You created us all to be. Give us the patience and love to witness effectively and powerfully to those who don't yet know You, and to those who do.

Father, so many of our actions and opinions are ego-based. Please forgive me; please forgive us. We love You, and we adore You. Please forgive us for harsh words said, and for feelings we have hurt.

Lord, none of us know if the new CF is Your will. If it isn't, please tell us, and give us all the courage and strength to walk away so we can follow You. If it is Your will, please guide us and walk with us, especially during these early days.

You're such a good God. Help us to make this about You, and not about us. Thank You, Lord, for Your patience, and Your forgiveness.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Upvote 0

.faith.

Legend
Apr 12, 2007
✟56,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank You, Lord, that You see everything, and as bad as it all seems, You will use this season and this strife to glorify You. Thank You, Father, that You are such a rock, that we can depend on You and trust You fully and with all of our hearts.

Lord, give us all the courage to stand firm on Your word, and to be the lights You created us all to be. Give us the patience and love to witness effectively and powerfully to those who don't yet know You, and to those who do.

Father, so many of our actions and opinions are ego-based. Please forgive me; please forgive us. We love You, and we adore You. Please forgive us for harsh words said, and for feelings we have hurt.

Lord, none of us know if the new CF is Your will. If it isn't, please tell us, and give us all the courage and strength to walk away so we can follow You. If it is Your will, please guide us and walk with us, especially during these early days.

You're such a good God. Help us to make this about You, and not about us. Thank You, Lord, for Your patience, and Your forgiveness.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Amen!

God bless you Anna!

Upvote 0

Tangeloper

Happy New Year!
Jul 29, 2007
Wisconsin
✟27,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

:amen: :amen: :amen: Thank you!

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lord, we are seeing the beginnings of a revival here, and only You could achieve something so miraculous. You are the Most High and the Great I AM.

I just thank You for moving so evidently through here, and for restoring so much peace and fellowship.

Thank You, Father, for Your wisdom and understanding.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Upvote 0