Jul 13, 2004
Washington
✟15,886.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hey,
So I just found out today that there's this big meet across the state at this High School, Mead, and I'm going. It's an invitational for track and I'm really thankful I can go. However, I'm also really nervous because I'm probably the slowest distance runner from our team who's going. I don't think it's as much the physical challenge as it is having enough mental strength to know that it's not so tough. I can sit here and type this stuff over and over but it just doesn't sink in. I guess this thread is a prayer request / does anyone know how to overcome nerves to boost confidence? Thanks a ton!

~D-Lisch

fallen^sparrow

Feb 23, 2004
SK
✟16,137.00
Faith
Christian
It all comes down to experience D. Go into the meet without any expectations other then to learn, make some mistakes and grow from them so as to improve in the future. Your young, and the great thing about running is you can continue to do so competitively your whole life and any experience you gain now will profit you for the next 60 years. Listen to what your coaches have to say because at your stage in life their coaching is "free." Once you reach university/college and everything after you'll have to pay big $$$ for the same thing. Other then that watch how the older/experienced athletes move and react. There really is no substitute though for experience. Have fun though... after all, thats what its really all about isn't it? :thumbsup: Competing at the state level is something you'll look back on with fond memories in the future... hope you have a great time! :wave:

fallen^sparrow :)

Upvote 0