Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The bible also says:

Hosea 4:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain
Doesn’t say lack of knowledge of a language. The problem isn’t solved by learning Greek.

Or do you think theologians are a cut above because they know Greek?

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Doesn’t say lack of knowledge of a language. The problem isn’t solved by learning Greek.

Or do you think theologians are a cut above because they know Greek?

Why yes some are.i think they have more golden nuggets naturally.

Why not learn Greek? What will you be losing?

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do you know it doesnt improve their understanding?

To understand something doesnt always correlate to change.

I provided two examples of how valuable the Greek is to healing and deliverance ministers.

English alone wont do in these scenarios unless the HS gives you the golden nugget. He also provides skilled people to write a Septuagent. Much like a doctor. You go to the doctor right?

Why not learn Greek? What will it make you lose?
Understanding comes from doing his word. David wrote, “I have more understanding than my teachers.” Why? Because he pursued and understood God Himself and strived to keep his commands. He was rewarded with understanding.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why yes some are.i think they have more golden nuggets naturally.

Why not learn Greek? What will you be losing?
Ok, you know Greek, right? Shall we look at a passage together and if knowing Greek or obeying it brings more insight?

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Understanding comes doing his word. David wrote, “I have more understanding than my teachers.” Why? Because he pursued and understood God Himself and strived to keep his commands. He was rewarded with understanding.

What will you lose by learning Greek or using a Septuagint?

What will you gain?

You go to a doctor right? They are skilled to be the hands of God; in like manor, Greek scholars are doctors of the Word.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ok, you know Greek, right? Shall we look at a passage together and if knowing Greek or obeying it brings more insight?
I didnt say once the i am fluent in Greek.

Besides you may be studied in one area i am not. I study deliverance. Your point has holes in it.

What will you be losing by learning Greek?

You go to a doctor right? Why?

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What will you gain?

You go to a doctor right? They are skilled to be the hands of God; in like manor, Greek scholars are doctors of the Word.
Want to test it? I have to get off soon cause I’m almost at work, but what say you? I’m a scientist at heart and like testing theories. Shall you give me a verse and I give you one? Or shall we look at the same one? Needs to be one where you know the Greek and I have lived it out in real choices.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I didnt say once the i am fluent in Greek.

Besides you may be studied in one area i am not. I study deliverance. Your point has holes in it.

What will you be losing by learning Greek?

You go to a doctor right? Why?
How do you knows it value then?

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Want to test it? I have to get off soon cause I’m almost at work, but what say you? I’m a scientist at heart and like testing theories. Shall you give me a verse and I give you one? Or shall we look at the same one? Needs to be one where you know the Greek and I have lived it out in real choices.

You still havent answered me before you ever had work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unnamed Guy

Nov 27, 2018
Los Algodones, CA
✟20,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Really? The Bible names specific sins. Unforgiveness results in no forgiveness.

Chapter and verse please.

My bible says over and over in Romans that sins don't count any more. Either yoou believe and are saved or you don't believe and are lost.

• Winner
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The commandments of Jesus surpass the scope of the commandments of Moses nailed to the cross. Judge for yourself where the greater reward lies and do so likewise.

The only difference between the commandments of Jesus and the law is that Jesus gave the law in its proper context. We are obligated to observe the purpose for which the laws were written not under the letter of the law itself. Hence all of the commands of the prophets are based on the two most important commandments.

• Agree
Reactions: Dorothy Mae
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I must not be explaining very well.
In order to initially obtain Godly type Love you first have to humbly accept God's Love in the form of forgiveness (Luke 7).
We are talking only about unconditional undeserving and unrewarding type "forgiveness" (unrewarding in the fact you are not getting anything more from doing it and you are not doing it to get anything [you already have it]).
Without this Love there is not reason to unconditionally extend this forgiveness to a totally undeserving person.
The Love comes to you automatically with your humble acceptance of God's forgiveness, but you still have free will and like the servant who buried his master's bag of money away and did not use it to increase it, we can of our own free will bury God's gift of Love away and not use it to forgive others.

Do you agree that God loves everyone and everyone has the ability to repent and be saved?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You still havent answered me before you ever had work.
Actually I did. Why would I waste the little free time I have learning another language? The three I know are enough. You haven’t been able to demonstrate it brings a thing and I have demonstrated learning Greek is worthless compared to knowing God.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is not up to me to figure out what you are babbling about. It is up to you to learn the subject and post something coherent.
That was pretty insulting to Oldmantook. Don’t you want to word it like you would like to be spoken to?

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What will you gain?

Doers of the Word are doctors of the Word. It is set up such that those who obey receive truth. Those who just understand Greek, that is, readers of the Word only, have truth hidden from them. That’s how the Kingdom of God works.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Chapter and verse please.

My bible says over and over in Romans that sins don't count any more. Either yoou believe and are saved or you don't believe and are lost.
Do sins count when someone sins against you?

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since you wont answer before you even went to work... lets go back to the OP.
I have yet to hear anyone who could tell us the meaning in Greek who never lived it in real choices who could present superior understanding. And when those ignorant of Greek shared the insight Almighty God gave them, those words were so amazing, no Greek scholar comes close.

Upvote 0