• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Conditional salvation??

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Dorothy Mae, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Dorothy Mae

Dorothy Mae Well-Known Member

+568
    Switzerland
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I forgive those who do this though.

2. Dorothy Mae

+568
    Switzerland
    Non-Denom
    Married
    BNR, do you think they think I’m earning my salvation by forgiving them? But I do know my sins are forgiven and if they don’t forgive, theirs are not.

One wonders why they fight tooth and nail to have the freedom not to forgive and thus have God retain their own accountability for their own sin. But so it is.

3. Dorothy Mae

+568
    Switzerland
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Is loving God necessary for salvation?

4. Oldmantook

Oldmantook Well-Known Member

+1,064
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You display a logical fallacy otherwise popularly known as an overgeneralization. Why do you keep trying to defend yourself? As I suggested earlier, we agree to disagree.

5. BCsenior

BCsenior Still an evangelist

+541
    Canada
    Charismatic
    Married
    1stcenturylady has delved into this at length ...
    and has come up with various degrees(?) of sin.

6. Dorothy Mae

+568
    Switzerland
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I actually have no logical fallacy, you do. You assume there are only two kinds of communication from Jesus, identiting sin or not sin. This is in full defiance of the text.

Failure to forgive is warned against as it has consequences. No one calls it “sin” but you.

7. Oldmantook

Oldmantook Well-Known Member

+1,064
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Your failure to call unforgiveness sin is unfathomable. "No one callsl it "sin" is a logical fallacy as you have the bad habit of overgeneralizing. Care to try again? Too bad you ignore Scripture. Jesus commands us to forgive; its not a suggestion or optional.
    So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin. Js 4:17
    Do you know the right thing to do or do you ignore it?

8. Dorothy Mae

+568
    Switzerland
    Non-Denom
    Married
    later

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019