concensus view on water baptism

What is the importance of water baptism?

• It is a sacrament that imparts grace

• It is an ordinance that should be done eventually

• Baptism isn't necessary ever

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the name, means in the character or power life etc of that name.

The name of the Lord is a strong tower the righteous run into it and are safe. Jesus kept them in the name of the Father while on earth etc etc etc.
oh what a lot of rubbish..you'll say anything to oppose the obvious word of God.
name means name
baptism means dip in water

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟168,720.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
oh what a lot of rubbish..you'll say anything to oppose the obvious word of God.
name means name
I was referring to scripture there and you called it rubbish, take heed

and the word "name"means character, in Greek

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟168,720.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
name means name
you seem to say anything in the natural mind to avoid the spiritual truth.

the natural man does not understand the things of the Spirit

what do you think this means

as many as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ?

and there are many baptisms in scripture , but only one saving one.

Do you think the baptism with the Holy Ghost is water ?

notice no water mentioned

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you seem to say anything in the natural mind to avoid the spiritual truth.

the natural man does not understand the things of the Spirit

what do you think this means

as many as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ?

and there are many baptisms in scripture , but only one saving one.

Do you think the baptism with the Holy Ghost is water ?

notice no water mentioned
We already covered this showing the baptism the holy spirit is not done by men .thus it proves the baptism jesus commanded us to do is in water. Being that the word baptizo means to Dip in water.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟546,210.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it a sacrament that imparts grace?
Is it [merely] an ordinance...

You see, reading the scriptures that say "baptism... now saves you... through the resurrection of Jesus... (1 Peter 3:21)" or "those who have baptized into Christ have put on Christ (Gal 3:27)" or "repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the forgiveness of sin (Acts 2:38)" or many more... it seems that the modern church has lost it's way on the practice.

Tricky. Listen to me here, By The Spirit, and I'll try to explain it in the simplest terms possible:

1. The ceremony was meant to symbolize death through full immersion.
2. It was to be followed immediately by the Baptism in the Holy Spirt, which would represent resurrection unto newness of life.
3. Because of this, the two ceremonies together were essentially a sacrament. Here, however, is the sticking point: Water baptism was merely a ceremony representing death to the old man. Any man who undergoes water baptism yet does not die to his flesh is blind, and has done nothing more than get wet.
4. Conclusion: Is water baptism necessary to salvation? No. It's merely an empty ceremony containing no power in and of itself. Is it essentially a sacrament? Yes. It proceeded the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, and was instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ to symbolize the necessity of dying to the flesh.

Understand?

... this thing is consuming me really, I feel a fire within myself on this topic.

Good. Important thing to learn. Most of Christianity is more concerned about the mere ceremony than actually practicing the reality of what it was intended to represent.

P.S. If you read this post, please message me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tricky. Listen to me here, By The Spirit, and I'll try to explain it in the simplest terms possible:

2. It was to be followed immediately by the Baptism in the Holy Spirt, which would represent resurrection unto newness of life.
3. Because of this, the two ceremonies together were essentially a sacrament. Here, however, is the sticking point: Water baptism was merely a ceremony representing death to the old man. Any man who undergoes water baptism yet does not die to his flesh is blind, and has done nothing more than get wet.
4. Conclusion: Is water baptism necessary to salvation? No. It's merely an empty ceremony containing no power in and of itself. Is it essentially a sacrament? Yes. It proceeded the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, and was instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ to symbolize the necessity of dying to the flesh.

Understand?

Good. Important thing to learn. Most of Christianity is more concerned about the mere ceremony than actually practicing the reality of what it was intended to represent.

yeah ,I'm not him and I read it and know by experience -it's wrong.
if you think the creator goes around telling us to do things for the mere sake of ceromony then your not talking about the same God.
nothing he commands us is for the sake of ceremony .but power. and there is transactional power in baptism in water.
any one who got water baptised thinking it was an empty ritual ...has not been baptised in faith into Christ ..they've just been dunked in an empty religious ritual

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟168,720.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We already covered this showing the baptism the holy spirit is not done by men .thus it proves the baptism jesus commanded us to do is in water. Being that the word baptizo means to Dip in water.

"17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost. 18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands"(Acts 8:17,18 KJV)

"...baptize you with the Holy Ghost..."(Matthew 3:11 KJV)

the word "Baptize" there is "Baptizo- meaning "to immerse, submerge, to make whelmed,

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost. 18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands"(Acts 8:17,18 KJV)

"...baptize you with the Holy Ghost..."(Matthew 3:11 KJV)

the word "Baptize" there is "Baptizo- meaning "to immerse, submerge, to make whelmed,
Lol nice try..they lay hands on them and they recieved the holy spirit and we know that took place because they spoke in tongues . how many people have YOU laid hands on and observed be filled with the holy spirit speaking in tongues ? ...

Upvote 0

stealth saint

Mar 15, 2014
Kelowna, British Colmbia, Canada
✟8,589.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Understand?

If this is too much reading my answer becam more than intended.
Comment from Stealthsaint. Water baptism and Having Holy Spirit come upon you are modelled by Jes"US" as together, a two in "one baptism" as referred to in Ephesians 4: one body, one Spirit, . . . . one baptism. The “PENTECOST” type baptism of power, brings with it a boldness, that sent the disciples into the country to continue the ministry of reconciliation, to experience what JesUS experienced. Jes"US" IMMEDIATELY after coming up from the water had Holy Spirit come upon Him to lead Him into the/our wilderness to overcome ,experiencing what we will experience. Having overcome the devil He returned to Galilee in power of Holy Spirit also the power of His resurrection. See Luke 4.

That same spirit is released into US from OUR Lord Spirit, when we ask Him to be Lord of our soul. AS Lord of our mind will and emotion, (only total surrender of self allows Lord to be Lord), we are now on journey to become ambassadors of a culture not of this world,we must become familiar with and one with. See me you see OUR Father’s SON still applies and only Having the power "come upon" releases US into ministries of POWER. Most ministries I suggest are “nice” modelling kindness and goodness but these are mostly established of man desire to please God and make one feel KINGdom purposed, BUT the power in most ministries are sadly lacking. I do not deny the grace over these ministries as Lord assists them, but power and fire are missing and most struggle. There are works and then there are GOoD works led of Spirit not man relying on own underSTANDING

Too many are hung up reading and studying the New Testament that is 2,0o0 + years old. Since today is to be same as yesterday we NEED to/MUST focUS on the extension unto the "NOW TESTAMENT" where the same events of the days when Jes"US" walked the earth ARE NOW being manifest through His resurrection Spirit in US to draw all men unto His Body . . . "US". Rise up; again I say Rise; up from within Lord Spirit in willingness to die to self to give life to others. We say we are hungry for more, but that hunger can only be satisfied as we stop to listen, quiet down to hear and have the boldness of faith to obey. See Me you see Righteousness and Unconditional Love. It starts with considering all others more excellent than self and not knowing people according to the flesh.

2 Corinthians 5:16 So then we, from now on, know "no one" according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him so no longer. Psalm 82 I said you are gods, all of you sons or the most high. That is prophetic to those being “led of Spirit as sons of God” Rm 8:14

TAKE THE PICTURES DOWN

Take the pictures down of "one" JesUS and put OUR pictures up!!! God has!!!
################################
What is your spin on the following?

We are His Body. Right now a selection is underway, a wife is making herself ready. Ready to qualify and be called forth as overcomers, discipliners manifesting JesUS also in mortal flesh2Cor 4:7-12. to bring correction unto instruction in righteousness modelling a church that is not denying it's power. A church body coming under divine discipline to prepare His Bride, removing the comfort of compromise by rationalizing the truth, unto completing the work OUR Lord started.

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

stealth saint

Mar 15, 2014
✟8,589.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Understand?

If this is too much reading my answer becam more than intended.
Comment from Stealthsaint. Water baptism and Having Holy Spirit come upon you are modelled by Jes"US" as together, a two in "one baptism" as referred to in Ephesians 4: one body, one Spirit, . . . . one baptism. The “PENTECOST” type baptism of power, brings with it a boldness, that sent the disciples into the country to continue the ministry of reconciliation, to experience what JesUS experienced. Jes"US" IMMEDIATELY after coming up from the water had Holy Spirit come upon Him to lead Him into the/our wilderness to overcome ,experiencing what we will experience. Having overcome the devil He returned to Galilee in power of Holy Spirit also the power of His resurrection. See Luke 4.

That same spirit is released into US from OUR Lord Spirit, when we ask Him to be Lord of our soul. AS Lord of our mind will and emotion, (only total surrender of self allows Lord to be Lord), we are now on journey to become ambassadors of a culture not of this world,we must become familiar with and one with. See me you see OUR Father’s SON still applies and only Having the power "come upon" releases US into ministries of POWER. Most ministries I suggest are “nice” modelling kindness and goodness but these are mostly established of man desire to please God and make one feel KINGdom purposed, BUT the power in most ministries are sadly lacking. I do not deny the grace over these ministries as Lord assists them, but power and fire are missing and most struggle. There are works and then there are GOoD works led of Spirit not man relying on own underSTANDING

Too many are hung up reading and studying the New Testament that is 2,0o0 + years old. Since today is to be same as yesterday we NEED to/MUST focUS on the extension unto the "NOW TESTAMENT" where the same events of the days when Jes"US" walked the earth ARE NOW being manifest through His resurrection Spirit in US to draw all men unto His Body . . . "US". Rise up; again I say Rise; up from within Lord Spirit in willingness to die to self to give life to others. We say we are hungry for more, but that hunger can only be satisfied as we stop to listen, quiet down to hear and have the boldness of faith to obey. See Me you see Righteousness and Unconditional Love. It starts with considering all others more excellent than self and not knowing people according to the flesh.

2 Corinthians 5:16 So then we, from now on, know "no one" according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him so no longer. Psalm 82 I said you are gods, all of you sons or the most high. That is prophetic to those being “led of Spirit as sons of God” Rm 8:14

TAKE THE PICTURES DOWN

Take the pictures down of "one" JesUS and put OUR pictures up!!! God has!!!
################################
What is your spin on the following?

We are His Body. Right now a selection is underway, a wife is making herself ready. Ready to qualify and be called forth as overcomers, discipliners manifesting JesUS also in mortal flesh2Cor 4:7-12. to bring correction unto instruction in righteousness modelling a church that is not denying it's power. A church body coming under divine discipline to prepare His Bride, removing the comfort of compromise by rationalizing the truth, unto completing the work OUR Lord started.
post reply did not change window <> <> found reply to thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟546,210.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jes"US" IMMEDIATELY after coming up from the water had Holy Spirit come upon Him to lead Him into the/our wilderness to overcome ,experiencing what we will experience.

Very good. Still reading.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟546,210.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AS Lord of our mind will and emotion, (only total surrender of self allows Lord to be Lord), we are now on journey to become ambassadors of a culture not of this world,we must become familiar with and one with.

Also very strong...

Btw, edit your second post by clicking "Edit" on it, erasing all text, and replacing it with the words "Double Post."

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟546,210.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See me you see OUR Father’s SON still applies and only Having the power "come upon" releases US into ministries of POWER.

Very, VERY strong. Tougher to live up to in practice than in theory, but dominant theology nonetheless.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟546,210.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too many are hung up reading and studying the New Testament that is 2,0o0 + years old. Since today is to be same as yesterday we NEED to/MUST focUS on the extension unto the "NOW TESTAMENT" where the same events of the days when Jes"US" walked the earth ARE NOW being manifest through His resurrection Spirit in US to draw all men unto His Body

On this you should consider engaging in the following thread, particularly the posts of Solomon' Porch, Hillsage and Myself.
http://aandbcounseling.com/can-bible-idol/

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟546,210.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It starts with considering all others more excellent than self and not knowing people according to the flesh.

Your humility is why you know these things.

You and I just became friends, and could possibly become very close friends.

Send me a conversation at your earliest convenience.
Hidden

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stealth saint

Mar 15, 2014
✟8,589.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I appreciate the encourage..ment

Hidden

Upvote 0

stealth saint

Mar 15, 2014
✟8,589.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
where do you reside in the natural.

Hidden

Upvote 0

stealthsaint

NIGHTHAWK 777
Jul 30, 2010
Kelowna: British Columbia
✟12,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

stealthsaint

NIGHTHAWK 777
Jul 30, 2010
Kelowna: British Columbia
✟12,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
name means name
The discussion on Baptism is possibly a two fold matter. JesUS was Baptised becoming anew through water and through the "Living water" Of Holy Spirit OUR Leader of power for "new man" to become joined in soul! Transformed by the mind of Christ, into the One new Man Going from alpha "sons" maturing as overcomers "Let him who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says" to him who overcomes will sit with Me . . . . Joined in soul as one with "OMEGA" Overcoming is not a given it is total surrender of all that is of the world. the "iron rod" becomes the shepherding staff.
JUST A thought for meditation on the what if. "my hope of glory is to have dominion" again not a given but a reward.

Upvote 0