Climate change, is it christian/unchristian like to say "You can't change it at this point!"

Is it christian/unchristian like to say you can't change the future of earth?

• It's christian like.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • It's unchristian like.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Unsure.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

ovis90

Jun 7, 2015
Vilnius
✟20,552.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
First of all I i am not sure is there really climate change, i believe more in climate cicles because its similar like in economy we have cicles, ups and downs so its the same i believe in nature. Just because its in the media doesn't mean its a fact especially we all know most of the media ,news,film industry is owned by Liberal media and most of this companies owned by rich. So i think its an orchastrated idea .

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely it is unchristlike to say we cannot change the climate. When Christ said if we have the faith of a mustard seed we can move mountains, He meant it.

Then change the climate with your faith and we can stop talking about trying to change it by government agreements.

Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think a good christian should be realistic and say we can't change it. Or do you think its unchristian like to say that?

I personally feel as a christian we need to be honest. I feel we are already past the point of no return with trying to save the planet from climate change. It will take far to long, to much money...etc to change anything. I also believe, and more importantly, the bible already says the fate of the earth. Things will get worse.

I don't think the answer to this has anything to do with climate change.

I think we should tremble to dictate who is a good Christian (or empty one) based on non-Biblical issues. The Bible gives freedom of conscience to Christians in gray areas.

Once we start Christian shaming people for non-Biblical issues then we are just trying to exert control over them, trying to be a deputy Holy Spirit if you will. It becomes very divisive in the body of Christ. Titus 3:10 tells us that if someone is divisive, give them two admonitions and then reject them as a heretic.

Some people Christian shame others for voting for Trump; others for not voting for Trump. Some for climate change; others for not climate change. Some for a pet social justice issue; others for not that pet social justice issue. All of our stances in these issues are opinions derived from our own personal convictions as our spiritual journeys have enlightened us; all in our own pace.

Romans 14 provides a great discussion on leaving matters of conscience to each believer and not Christian shaming them into your area of conscience.

Also, Matt 5:22 is a very deep look at how greatly Christ values loving each other and expects us to reverence each other's value:
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca (empty, worthless), shall be in danger of the council (similar to church discipline): but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Blessings,
E.

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,776.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I would like to see another poll. It would ask:

1. How many people believe everything scientists in the secular world tell you?
2. How many have seen that such people have been proven wrong or all kinds of issues, and/or have grossly disagreed with one another on them?
3. How many people actually trust politicians to be honest and transparent on this issue, rather than playing politics for their own personal gain and agendas?
4. How many people actually think politicians even understand the issues?
5. How many people think politicians can fix climate change, assuming it even is a fact or fixable?

Let's see, though we are a big and powerful country, we really don't dictate much on how other countries pollute the atmosphere and some of them are doing so to a huge extent. So what if USA politicians ever even agreed on anything - how is that going to change the rest of the world? Oh wait. Maybe the U.N. could help?

6. How many people actually trust the U.N.?

7. How many people think the politicians really care about what we think, but aren't instead really interested into manipulating us into thinking what suits their world views and agendas?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
First let's avoid any conspiracy stuff on here like "Climate change is a lie!".

Does anyone deny the climate changes? I've never heard anyone do that...

So with so many protesting and name calling because they want to "Save the planet" from what climate change is doing, do you think a good christian should be realistic and say we can't change it. Or do you think its unchristian like to say that?

I'm not sure that being a Christian has much to do with the fact that the world's climate changes. In any case, I think the methods currently proposed to curb the effects of human CO2 emissions are ridiculous and potentially extremely harmful to many in developing countries. Even if the States completely eliminated its emissions, the overall CO2 emissions worldwide would barely budge.

I personally feel as a christian we need to be honest. I feel we are already past the point of no return with trying to save the planet from climate change. It will take far to long, to much money...etc to change anything. I also believe, and more importantly, the bible already says the fate of the earth. Things will get worse.

Right. In fact, God's plan for this planet is destruction and replacement. Read 2 Peter 3:10. Does this mean we ought to treat our world like a giant garbage dump? Of course not. The idea, though, that we can - or ought to - rapidly and radically change our current primary energy sources is unrealistic and unnecessary.

The climate change fear-mongering has much more to do with governments obtaining greater control, greater power, over the populations they ought to be serving than with a legitimate concern for the natural state of the globe. Climate change is a clever excuse for bringing us all more and more under the thumb of bureaucrats and the autocrats hidden from view behind them.

It's why I don't understand christians who pray about it as if it's going to change Revelations. I guess I am more of a realist. If the bible says what the future will be, I feel its calling God a lair to try and pray for a future that will not happen.

Well, none of us have any idea, really, when the End Times will arrive. It could still be many millenia away (though, I doubt it). In light of this, it behooves us to keep our world "tidy," livable, respecting the blessing of God to us that our wonderful world is. We don't have to pull our hair out, screaming maniacally that the sky is falling every time we have a hot day, but we ought not to shrug off any responsibility we have for being good stewards of the planet God has given to us, either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0