Climate change, is it christian/unchristian like to say "You can't change it at this point!"

Is it christian/unchristian like to say you can't change the future of earth?

• It's christian like.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • It's unchristian like.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Unsure.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First let's avoid any conspiracy stuff on here like "Climate change is a lie!".

So with so many protesting and name calling because they want to "Save the planet" from what climate change is doing, do you think a good christian should be realistic and say we can't change it. Or do you think its unchristian like to say that?

I personally feel as a christian we need to be honest. I feel we are already past the point of no return with trying to save the planet from climate change. It will take far to long, to much money...etc to change anything. I also believe, and more importantly, the bible already says the fate of the earth. Things will get worse.

It's why I don't understand christians who pray about it as if it's going to change Revelations. I guess I am more of a realist. If the bible says what the future will be, I feel its calling God a lair to try and pray for a future that will not happen.

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟293,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Its unchristian to believe man can save oneself and that God doesn't decide when it's time to close to book. This whole climate change hysteria is nothing short of a Satanic lie and we should not be fools and adhere to it.
Believe in Christ not this diabolical nonsense.

Preach the gospel with words and your life and leave the rest of your concerns at the feet of christ our redeemer and lord.

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2019
Midwest
✟32,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Your question is strange to me and I don't have an answer.

However, it is unChristian to not be a good steward of the earth that God created and charged us with maintaining and respecting. We have and are destroying this planet. The effects are clearly seen in climate change, the pollutants and micro plastics in our waters, and the non biodegradable waste that covers our lands. People and animals are suffering.

And yet nothing changes and people who fight to change things receive opposition by obstructionists in the name of money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2019
Midwest
✟32,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If it makes you feel better.
In my opinion one would have to delve into some tinfoil hat conspiracy theories to outright deny climate change. The only reasonable opposition is the position that climate change is not man made.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,456.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Soon it's going to get a lot hotter.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be burned up (2 Pt 3:10)

Since the judgement is coming let us not waste time. Let us share the gospel of Jesus Christ, the only means of salvation, let us save souls. God Bless:)

Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While it's true the current state of the world isn't our home God told us to care for the planet. Things might not be looking good now but a lot of things that need to be done to combat climate change is a lot easier when our hearts are changed and when we really understand how to love others and care for creation

Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While it's true the current state of the world isn't our home God told us to care for the planet. Things might not be looking good now but a lot of things that need to be done to combat climate change is a lot easier when our hearts are changed and when we really understand how to love others and care for creation

A lot of what Pope Francis spoke about in Laudato si' really addressed the heart issue in regards to climate change. Laudato si' (24 May 2015) | Francis

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mothcorrupteth

Old Whig Monarchist, Classically Realpolitik
Jun 3, 2017
Huntsville, AL
✟42,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Whether climate change is anthropogenic, we won't be able to change it. If it's entirely natural, what technology exists now or in the foreseeable future to prevent volcanoes from erupting, etc.? If it's somewhat or even mostly anthropogenic, there's simply too much to lose from falling behind one's geopolitical competitors. If we don't warm the earth, someone else will for a temporary advantage that they hope will translate into a longer-term advantage. Do we really want China leading space colonization? Does China really want us to?

I'm a classical conservative. I want to conserve social traditions, and I want to conserve the environment that was midwife to them. But I'm not stupid or blind to the fact that the same species that invented the atom bomb will not hesitate to invent worse things if it's in a pinch. Dreaming about a world of constructive cooperation is lunacy.

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2019
Midwest
✟32,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I avoid the conversation because I know the end of the story. :)
God instructed us to be stewards of the earth. We don't get to ignore the problems simply because this isn't our permanent home.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@NothingIsImpossible > my short answer is I listen to what people say, and I assume I am not enough of an expert to know things for sure about this; because we do have culturally established people who are saying different things, and character is effecting people's ability to be honest and to know what is true. And both sides can be wrong, somehow, or both partly right. And I don't know all these people personally, enough to know who is reliable and how. So, I listen and say anything I might have to offer, and pray. This is the short answer. If you want to go through some of my personal take on things, you are welcome to >

Maybe there are things humans have done which can cause the earth to be cooler, while humans have done other things which can cause the earth to get warmer.

In any case, I think there are things which are known to be able to change the condition of the earth. One maybe more obvious example is detonation of nuclear bombs. And as ones have said, there are physical things humans have done which can spoil wildlife and the air and the water. I read that Norway has no living bodies of fresh water, because of acid rain, or something like that. Water pollution does effect water, also.

There is stuff which goes up into the atmosphere, which can turn to acidic material which comes down in the rain. This has effected things.

Now, of course, not all of these things effect temperature of the earth, if any do. But we need to be concerned about the water, too.

Oh . . . and, by the way > if it is possible for humans to ruin water, how ever would it be impossible for us to be ruining the atmosphere?? I would not automatically judge that it can't happen.

And if humans have the character to be destructive with water, that character is likely to be effecting other things, also.

But now we reach the problem . . . of character. Can we ourselves change the character of destructive people? People can have proof right in their faces, but still do what is destructive > for examples > with smoking, food abuse, arguing and complaining instead of learning how to love, abusing drugs, and alcoholism and workaholism. They have proof this stuff hurts them, but they have their character being their dictator.

So, God is committed to taking care of us, for His purposes. So, thank Him and trust Him, and be a good example :) God uses prayer and good example. And simply do whatever He has you do. He will take care of everything else.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So with so many protesting and name calling because they want to "Save the planet" from what climate change is doing, do you think a good christian should be realistic and say we can't change it. Or do you think its unchristian like to say that?

I personally feel as a christian we need to be honest. I feel we are already past the point of no return with trying to save the planet from climate change. It will take far to long, to much money...etc to change anything. I also believe, and more importantly, the bible already says the fate of the earth. Things will get worse.

It's why I don't understand christians who pray about it as if it's going to change Revelations. I guess I am more of a realist. If the bible says what the future will be, I feel its calling God a lair to try and pray for a future that will not happen.
Climate change is real. It has been proven over an over. To the extent that my car, garbage, utilities,excrement, breath,boat,public transportation, waste,pets, animals,fires...you get the point, is a contribution, I agree with humble hesitation. Lets be honest, the earth is shifting and there is nothing we can do about it. Redistribution of mass comes in many forms, one likely culprit is pulling oil out of the earth. Now we are pulling natural gas out. This has consequences. Our wobble is perfectly secured until we mess with it.
Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In my opinion one would have to delve into some tinfoil hat conspiracy theories to outright deny climate change.
Everything changes. To construct a plausible lie, all you need to do is claim that something will change, and when it does, you cite it as proof that you were right.

This is not a conspiracy. This is just popular belief claiming yet another false idea, just the same as many other widely held beliefs throughout human history. The one thing this belief cannot do is accurately predict the future, just as no other soothsayer has ever been able to predict the future. Thirty years ago, I believed this stuff. When the predictions failed to come true I reconsidered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,072,977.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have serious doubts about so called climate change. Some say it is just a way for politicians to have another excuse to put more taxes on,and more controls on, people. Regardless, let's get real. What politician, what tax, what legislation is going to stop planetary climate changes? Rhetorical Q. Hey, and let's say the politicians could stop any climate change. How much confidence do you have in them, really?

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟293,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I have serious doubts about so called climate change. Some say it is just a way for politicians to have another excuse to put more taxes on,and more controls on, people. Regardless, let's get real. What politician, what tax, what legislation is going to stop planetary climate changes? Rhetorical Q. Hey, and let's say the politicians could stop any climate change. How much confidence do you have in them, really?

I see this is a forerunner for the coming of Antichrist, perhaps he's already here?
This climate nonsense is a good excuse to elect a sort of antichrist figure to solve our problems and to save the world and the human race.
This has to be a global government of some sort and the measures to make people stick to their agenda will be severe. I mean, the globe is at stake!

Beware the false prophets, beware!

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Its unchristian to believe man can save oneself and that God doesn't decide when it's time to close to book. This whole climate change hysteria is nothing short of a Satanic lie and we should not be fools and adhere to it.
Believe in Christ not this diabolical nonsense.

That is nice. How do you decide when it is time to close the book ? How do you decide what planetary catastrophe is the one you stop fighting against ?

Kind of glad we did not have that attitude with ozone layer. Instead we identified the cause and mostly fixed it.

Climate change is not like we have a neutron star or rogue black hole coming right at us. Humanity will survive, although if unchecked this change will cause human misery in huge scale, but there is hardly question that it will be an end of humanity.

We are an adaptable species. We will survive this one.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I don't think it's a Christian/un-Christian thing to say that it is or isn't unchangeable.

The extremists are saying that it will be unchangeable in 12 years if we don't take extreme steps now. And if we say it is unchangeable now, then we're not going to take those extreme steps, and in 12 years, everybody's going to agree that it's unchangeable (unless the goalposts get moved again).

I don't think the world will begin to end in 12 years. I do believe the New Testament when it says the world will end in fire. I also believe that we should reduce the amount of non-recyclable and non-biodegradable waste, and that India and China need to do at least as much as the US due to their large populations and developing economies.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

The problem with this whole issue is that when Christians get worked up about it they act like God isn't sovereign over climate. It's fanciful humanism to believe that mankind somehow controls climate. It is godless in the extreme which is why climate change/global warning is a religion. Just look at that Swedish girl weeping away and getting hysterical. Earth is her god and she imagines someone is trying to destroy it. Her behavior is incredibly sad. She's hopeless without Jesus.

Upvote 0