City student passes 3 classes in four years, ranks near top half of class with 0.13 GPA

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
City student passes 3 classes in four years, ranks near top half of class with 0.13 GPA

France’s son attends Augusta Fells Savage Institute of Visual Arts in west Baltimore. His transcripts show he’s passed just three classes in four years, earning 2.5 credits, placing him in ninth grade. But France says she didn’t know that until February. She has three children and works three jobs. She thought her oldest son was doing well because even though he failed most of his classes, he was being promoted. His transcripts show he failed Spanish I and Algebra I but was promoted to Spanish II and Algebra II. He also failed English II but was passed on to English III.

“I'm just assuming that if you are passing, that you have the proper things to go to the next grade and the right grades, you have the right credits,” said France.

My question is, who failed? Was it the school? The parent? The student?
I believe this is a reflection of the failure of parents than that of the teachers. I almost guarantee you that this happened in a school district in which the demographic primarily consists of students with single working mothers and absent fathers. Mother is too busy to be active in their children's education.

Last edited:
Upvote 0