Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
IMO this is an admission to felony conspiracy, and corruption at the upper levels of the CIA.

This needs prosecuted to the fullest. Anyone directly in the destruction of this evidence, needs to be prosecuted. The CIA decided these tapes could be used to prosecute the interrogators. If guilty they should be punished, the tapes could also prove they didn't commit crimes, but now we won't know what they showed.
The CIA must be reigned in.

Upvote 0
O

ondaball

IMO this is an admission to felony conspiracy, and corruption at the upper levels of the CIA.

This needs prosecuted to the fullest. Anyone directly in the destruction of this evidence, needs to be prosecuted. The CIA decided these tapes could be used to prosecute the interrogators. If guilty they should be punished, the tapes could also prove they didn't commit crimes, but now we won't know what they showed.

For those who never click OP links..

& then wonder why they don't follow..

here's a taster for ya:-

CIA destroyed interrogation tapes

_44285454_cia203indexlogo.jpg
The CIA destroyed the tapes when being scrutinised over secret prisons

The CIA has confirmed that it destroyed at least two video tapes showing the interrogation of terror suspects.

According to the intelligence agency, the tapes were destroyed to protect the identity of CIA agents and because they no longer had intelligence value.

But civil liberties lawyers have refused to accept this, saying the CIA previously denied such tapes existed.
They say the move appears to be an attempt to destroy evidence that could have brought CIA agents to account. The New York Times, which broke the story, quotes current and former government officials as saying the CIA destroyed the tapes in 2005 as it faced Congressional and legal scrutiny about its secret detention programme...

Da plot thickens...:scratch:

or...

as we Scousers say...:cool:

da thick plot 'uns...:ebil: :tutu:

Ian

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
For those who never click OP links..

& then wonder why they don't follow..

here's a taster for ya:-

CIA destroyed interrogation tapes

_44285454_cia203indexlogo.jpg
The CIA destroyed the tapes when being scrutinised over secret prisons

The CIA has confirmed that it destroyed at least two video tapes showing the interrogation of terror suspects.

According to the intelligence agency, the tapes were destroyed to protect the identity of CIA agents and because they no longer had intelligence value.

But civil liberties lawyers have refused to accept this, saying the CIA previously denied such tapes existed.
They say the move appears to be an attempt to destroy evidence that could have brought CIA agents to account. The New York Times, which broke the story, quotes current and former government officials as saying the CIA destroyed the tapes in 2005 as it faced Congressional and legal scrutiny about its secret detention programme...

Da plot thickens...:scratch:

or...

as we Scousers say...:cool:

da thick plot 'uns...:ebil: :tutu:

Ian
You quoted me, Are you saying I missed something in the article?
I heard on the radio or some place someone said it was to protect the interogators from justice.(legal or backstreet)

I figured this article would be jumped on by Conspiracy theorists, seems like its being ignored.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Agreed! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
These sorts of actions by the CIA wouldn't be necessary if we accept the fact that sometimes people have to experience really unpleasant things to provide valuable information.

The extremists are not weak or cowardly people. They are willing to blow themselves up to accomplish their goals and objectives. The information has to be extracted. Myself I would like to see the procedures standardized and rigidly enforced so proper checks and balances can be put into place.

If people don't want to do that sort of thing, well I guess the same sort of interrogation practices will just keep on happening in secret.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's not a matter of being weak and cowardly it's a matter of being honorable and laweful. We are either honorable and lawful or we are no differant from the terrorists.

If we decend into the sort of evil you suggest, men of honor will be forced to struggle not only against the terrorists, but against the monsters among us. Those who would do these things in secret are criminals and need to be discovered and prosecuted, not protected.

These sorts of actions by the CIA wouldn't be necessary if we accept the fact that sometimes people have to experience really unpleasant things to provide valuable information.

The extremists are not weak or cowardly people. They are willing to blow themselves up to accomplish their goals and objectives. The information has to be extracted. Myself I would like to see the procedures standardized and rigidly enforced so proper checks and balances can be put into place.

If people don't want to do that sort of thing, well I guess the same sort of interrogation practices will just keep on happening in secret.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caitlin.ann

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
As long as I can sleep safely and peacefully at night and everyone I know and love are safe, I could care less. This has gone on before and will continue to go on. Although, I'm not completely trust-worthy of the gov't as is and never have been. Besides if it was for the protection of the agents involved and the tapes were of no importance anymore, then whats the issue?

Upvote 0

Mr.Pious

Senior Veteran
Dec 23, 2003
✟17,602.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others

Give me a wrench, a blow torch, and ten minutes and I bet you would confess to shooting JFK...

Upvote 0