Two state solution for Israel/Palestine? Not a hope.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Islam teaches that Israel prevents their false Messiah from appearing. Shia (Iran) believes the "Mahdi" is alive and waiting for the right time to appear. Sunni (Saudi Arabia and the majority of Muslim nations) says that he has yet to be born. Either way, Israel and the Jews must be destroyed in Islam's teachings. There are 7.6 million Jews in America, 3.4 million Muslims. The EU has about 750,000 Jews and 28 million Muslims. If I was a Jew, I would be getting well away from Europe.

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,914.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Islam teaches that Israel prevents their false Messiah from appearing. Shia (Iran) believes the "Mahdi" is alive and waiting for the right time to appear. Sunni (Saudi Arabia and the majority of Muslim nations) says that he has yet to be born. Either way, Israel and the Jews must be destroyed in Islam's teachings.
The view that Israel is preventing the Mahdi from appearing is held by only a small fringe of the world's Muslim population. This doctrine is found in the Twelvers sect of the Shia branch of Islam. Shia Muslims account for around 12% of the world's Muslims, and around 80% of those are Twelvers—less than 10% of the world's Muslims. And finally, among the Twelvers, not all believe that Israel is preventing the Mahdi from returning.

Teaching that Israel is preventing the Madhi's appearance and that Israel must be destroyed is an extremist position and isn't found in mainstream Islam. The Iranian government and Hamas are adherents to this doctrine, so it's definitely a threat to Israel.

branches of islam.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The view that Israel is preventing the Mahdi from appearing is held by only a small fringe of the world's Muslim population. This doctrine is found in the Twelvers sect of the Shia branch of Islam. Shia Muslims account for around 12% of the world's Muslims, and around 80% of those are Twelvers—less than 10% of the world's Muslims. And finally, among the Twelvers, not all believe that Israel is preventing the Mahdi from returning.

Teaching that Israel is preventing the Madhi's appearance and that Israel must be destroyed is an extremist position and isn't found in mainstream Islam. The Iranian government and Hamas are adherents to this doctrine, so it's definitely a threat to Israel.

View attachment 340425
Most Muslims are not extremists at present. However, it does not take too many to be a major problem. How many people were involved in the 9/11 attacks? There were 19 directly involved. They killed nearly 3,000 people. Iran is hell bent on getting a nuclear weapon. The average Iranian detests their own government. It is a dreadful irony that it was the UK and USA that enabled the Ayatollahs to gain power. When I was in the Navy as a young man, I trained alongside Iranian sailors in the UK.

The Houthis may be the minority in Yemen (incidentally, I lived there for a while as a child) but they are a serious military threat. Courtesy of Iran, of course. And the main thing that unites Muslims, Shia or Sunni, is hatred of Israel. Sure, Saudi Arabia tolerates Israel for now. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Don't expect that to last. I grow more sure by the day that the Antichrist will be Muslim, or head of the syncretistic Jewish/Roman Catholic/Muslim religion. A combination church/mosque/synagogue was opened in the UAE February this year. Even a Pentecostal Bible College has hosted Muslim apologists in Australia. My head still spins from that news.

I'm 72 so I may not live to see the Antichrist arise. Some say he is already alive. I don't know. People have been saying that since the Reformation.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm 72 so I may not live to see the Antichrist arise. Some say he is already alive. I don't know. People have been saying that since the Reformation.
Yeah, you'll be long gone. I'm 20 years younger and I won't see that either. Nor will my children or their children, or their children's children... because it's made up and not based in reality.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Most Muslims are not extremists at present. However, it does not take too many to be a major problem. How many people were involved in the 9/11 attacks? There were 19 directly involved. They killed nearly 3,000 people. Iran is hell bent on getting a nuclear weapon. The average Iranian detests their own government. It is a dreadful irony that it was the UK and USA that enabled the Ayatollahs to gain power. When I was in the Navy as a young man, I trained alongside Iranian sailors in the UK.

The Houthis may be the minority in Yemen (incidentally, I lived there for a while as a child) but they are a serious military threat. Courtesy of Iran, of course. And the main thing that unites Muslims, Shia or Sunni, is hatred of Israel. Sure, Saudi Arabia tolerates Israel for now. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Don't expect that to last. I grow more sure by the day that the Antichrist will be Muslim, or head of the syncretistic Jewish/Roman Catholic/Muslim religion. A combination church/mosque/synagogue was opened in the UAE February this year. Even a Pentecostal Bible College has hosted Muslim apologists in Australia. My head still spins from that news.

I think you're correct that most Muslims aren't "extremists".

I think it's unclear exactly what that means though....the average Muslims' beliefs would probably look extreme to most.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, you'll be long gone. I'm 20 years younger and I won't see that either. Nor will my children or their children, or their children's children... because it's made up and not based in reality.
Until Milliway’s?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

I think it's unclear exactly what that means though....the average Muslims' beliefs would probably look extreme to most.
The “average” is “extreme”?

Words have meaning.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

What is means is that most Muslims don't take the Qur'an literally. Just as well as there are nearly 2 billion of them. Islam is Satan's attempt to stop God's kingdom coming to earth. Islam proposes a caliphate, a Muslim empire where everyone either submits to Islam or is killed. World war 3 has been underway for centuries. It is the church against Islam. The tragedy is that few realise this.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
We will see. The Bible has many prophecies that have been fulfilled already. I have no doubt that the end times prophecies will be fulfilled too. The mark of the beast is now technologically possible. Implants are already available. China has long had a system of social credit. Toe the line and you will be rewarded. Dissent and you will be punished. Many nations spy on their citizens, including Australia. I can't go shopping without a camera following my every move around the store. Google knows more about me than I know myself. 1984 was about "Big Government". Orwell missed the part that Big Business would play in the future.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We will see. The Bible has many prophecies that have been fulfilled already. I have no doubt that the end times prophecies will be fulfilled too. The mark of the beast is now technologically possible. Implants are already available. China has long had a system of social credit. Toe the line and you will be rewarded. Dissent and you will be punished. Many nations spy on their citizens, including Australia. I can't go shopping without a camera following my every move around the store. Google knows more about me than I know myself. 1984 was about "Big Government". Orwell missed the part that Big Business would play in the future.
The two millennia worth of Christians before you were sure it was right around the corner too. Totes different this time though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
For sure. From God's POV, it's only been a couple of days. For me, there are way too many insurmountable problems for the earth to last much longer. What "much" means is still conjecture.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For sure. From God's POV, it's only been a couple of days. For me, there are way too many insurmountable problems for the earth to last much longer. What "much" means is still conjecture.
Like I said, totes different this time, nothing like the breathless cries of the end is nigh for the past 2,000 years. Those Christians had no clue, unlike today.

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not made up at all..
Macro-evolution on the other hand is a different story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,933.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

Take a "Time out", can do wonders,
no one can carry the world on their shoulders.

Shabbat, an "island in time."

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Take a "Time out", can do wonders,
no one can carry the world on their shoulders.

Shabbat, an "island in time."
I'm not worried about these things. Jesus is my Sabbath rest. I look up and see that my redemption is near.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Odd how surprised Christians get when they realize that the planet can be a pretty crappy place to live if we all don’t get along better yet pine for the end-of-days.

Upvote 0