Churches have finally awakened! Call for an end to Israeli occupation of arab lands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fact that people are so worked up at and against Israel as a state only serves to prove it is from God.

Might I ask how this 'proves it is from God'?

God Bless us everyone.~Tiny Tim

~Micah 6:8

Deu10:12Now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you except to revere him, 1 to obey all his commandments, 2 to love him, to serve him 3 with all your mind and being, 4

Where does it say Modern Day Israel is exempt from God's commands? I honestly and trying to understand why Israel should have Carte Blanche over the indigenous people of GOD's Holy land.

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Might I ask how this 'proves it is from God'?

God Bless us everyone.~Tiny Tim

~Micah 6:8

Deu10:12Now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you except to revere him, 1 to obey all his commandments, 2 to love him, to serve him 3 with all your mind and being, 4

Where does it say Modern Day Israel is exempt from God's commands? I honestly and trying to understand why Israel should have Carte Blanche over the indigenous people of GOD's Holy land.
I would guess it is because God said it would happen...and it's happening.

Plus, His children can expect persecution, and the Jews have had more of that than any other.

Upvote 0

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would guess it is because God said it would happen...and it's happening.

Plus, His children can expect persecution, and the Jews have had more of that than any other.

But where, in the Bible, does God say this? Yes the Jewish people have had their horrible share of persecution,as great as their victimhood is, it in no why gives them the right to treat anothers unjustly. I was taught that all people are God's, all people are His Children, God not wanting any to parish.

~Micah

Upvote 0

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well God Himself sets them aside in the OT.

Yes he did, the children of Abraham were called to be agents of love and reconciliation to all nations. Jonah 4:9-11. Being chosen came with the responsibility to be a blessing to all nations, not just their own. From Abraham's seed (seed being Christ Jesus) would come the blessing, God's Grace, though which all people would be blessed. As Christians we celebrate the sealing of the New Covenant every Easter, this Covenant supercedes all OT covenants. If The New Covenant is not recognized then Christ may as well have not come. All he did, for us, was for not. Being Chosen ceases with the rejection of Christ. As far as prophecy goes it is not pre-written history, this school of thought minimizes God Almighty. The same, misinterpreted, prophecies fit quite well in the Roman times. Christ came, died and rose, everything is made new, reborn. God loves us all :amen:

Gal 3:28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.
Col 3:11Here there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all and in all.

Upvote 0

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except that God has not yet had Israel hold all the land the He promised at any one time. God still will do this, as God can not lie.

This has no impact on the verses you referenced.

Can you tell me why the only piece of Promised Land Abraham owned was bought and paid for by him at full market value? This bought land was used to bury Sarah and himself. If the land was given to him how come he had to pay? Gen. 23:16

I will beg to differ if I may on your above opinion, Abraham's decendants have owned and filled the land for Centuries now.

Christ made no impact? May I ask why and for whom, in your opinion, did Christ come?

Upvote 0

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. (Joshua 1,6)

The question then arises, did Israel do so? While it is true that, notwithstanding the aspiration depicted on the modern Israeli national flag, the Jews have never exercised political sovereignty over all the land between the Nile and the Euphrates. Nevertheless the Book of Joshua makes clear that the covenant promise was indeed regarded as having been fulfilled in that generation.

So Joshua took the entire land, just as the LORD had directed Moses, and he gave it as an inheritance to Israel according to their tribal divisions. Then the land had rest from war. (Joshua 11,23)
So the LORD gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their forefathers, and they took possession of it and settled there. The LORD gave them rest on every side, just as he had sworn to their forefathers. Not one of their enemies withstood them; the LORD handed all their enemies over to them.Not one of all the Lord's good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled. (Joshua 21,43-45)

It is significant that we are told Joshua took 'the entire land' because the Lord had given 'Israel all the land he had sworn to give their forefathers'. To the claim that certain promises have yet to be fulfilled, Joshua is emphatic, 'Not one of all the Lord's good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.'
Likewise, Nehemiah, writing after the second exile, looked back to the first exile and could testify in praise to God for the fulfilment of the promises made to Abraham,

You gave them kingdoms and nations, allotting to them even the remotest frontiers... You made their sons as numerous as the stars in the sky, and you brought them into the land that you told their fathers to enter and possess. (Nehemiah 9,22-23)

These passages record the first re-gathering of the Israelites to the Promised Land. Nehemiah even refers in the past tense to the fulfilment of the metaphorical promise to make Abraham's descendants 'as numerous as the stars in the sky' (cf. Genesis 22:17). Since the promise given to Abraham concerning the Land is to be understood as intimately bound up with the covenant relationship with and blessings for all peoples of the world, to insist on an interpretation that now gives people of Jewish origin an exclusive title deed to Palestine in perpetuity runs contrary both to the promise itself within its Old Covenant context as well as its New Covenant fulfilment. The four strands of the Abrahamic covenant comprise a package deal and are interwoven together not only in pre-figurement and in their fulfilment in and through Christ.

~Micah

Upvote 0

irateional

Aug 3, 2007
✟15,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Seeing as how Israel is a secular nation, and not some religious country on par with the Judaea and Israel of the OT, this is a null point, no?

Modern day Israel isn't the same chosen nation of God in the OT. Especially seeing as how Jesus fufilled the covenant of the OT, and basically closed the book on the era of Israel being favored by God.

Upvote 0

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seeing as how Israel is a secular nation, and not some religious country on par with the Judaea and Israel of the OT, this is a null point, no?

Modern day Israel isn't the same chosen nation of God in the OT. Especially seeing as how Jesus fufilled the covenant of the OT, and basically closed the book on the era of Israel being favored by God.

Absolutely! Well said, another clue is the fact that Israel, secular or other, was NEVER above the law again proven by their repeated loss of the land. If one insists on living by the OT then the law can not be omitted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

irateional

Aug 3, 2007
✟15,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Absolutely! Well said, another clue is the fact that Israel, secular or other, was NEVER above the law again proven by their repeated loss of the land. If one insists on living by the OT then the law can not be omitted.

Yeah.

With Jesus, the OT Covenant was fufilled. With the end of Israel in the OT, God no longer meddles in the affairs of the Gentile nations. All of the support for God doing such a thing (controlling the fate of nations) is rooted in promises between God and the Jews in the OT, under the old covenent, when God DID interefere in the affairs of nations.

With the fufillment of that Covenant, he no longer intereferes in, or judges nations. Instead, he let's the governments go to their naturally amoral state of existence.

Upvote 0

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let us not forget "I will bless them that bless thee, and curse those who curse thee (Israel)."

Uh...God made this promise to Abraham before he ever had any children. 'I will bless them that bless thee...' (singular) pre-Israel days. Can anyone tell me why Abraham had to pay for the only piece of 'Promised' land he owned? In fact he paid full market value for this land which turned out to be family burial plots. Could it actually have been about something more than the land? I mean we are but tennets and God the land lord. Another question, Why did Israel lose the land in the first place if it was theirs unconditionally? Weren't there conditions for keeping the land?

and then this clear command in Ezekiel 47:21-23

"You are to distribute this land among yourselves according to the tribes of israel. 22 You are to allot it as an inheritance for yourselves and for the aliens who have settled among you and who have children. You are to consider them as native born Israelites; along with you they to be allotted an inheritance among the tribes of Israel. In whatever tribe the alien settles, there you are to give him his inheritance, " declares the Sovereign Lord."

Israel was NEVER an exclussive Jewish State.

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Uh...God made this promise to Abraham before he ever had any children. 'I will bless them that bless thee...' (singular) pre-Israel days. Can anyone tell me why Abraham had to pay for the only piece of 'Promised' land he owned? In fact he paid full market value for this land which turned out to be family burial plots. Could it actually have been about something more than the land? I mean we are but tennets and God the land lord. Another question, Why did Israel lose the land in the first place if it was theirs unconditionally? Weren't there conditions for keeping the land?

and then this clear command in Ezekiel 47:21-23

"You are to distribute this land among yourselves according to the tribes of israel. 22 You are to allot it as an inheritance for yourselves and for the aliens who have settled among you and who have children. You are to consider them as native born Israelites; along with you they to be allotted an inheritance among the tribes of Israel. In whatever tribe the alien settles, there you are to give him his inheritance, " declares the Sovereign Lord."

Israel was NEVER an exclussive Jewish State.

Yes there were conditions for Israel to keep the land.
They broke the conditions as prophecied they would and it was taken from them.

God also promised the land of Cannan would be theres forever.
He knew he would have to take it from them But he also knew he would give it back to them in the 20th century. He jsut did not tell us when he would do it.
But the fact that they were able to win that war against crazy odds and keep the land to this day should be proof even to an illogical person that God did it.
Because he promised he would as the Bible foretold.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic

Sorry, no such promise unless you mean "forever" in like
she takes forever to wash her hair​

Upvote 0

yod

the wandering goy
Sep 6, 2003
Dallas, TX
Visit site
✟1,749.00
Faith
Messianic

He knew he would have to take it from them But he also knew he would give it back to them in the 20th century. He jsut did not tell us when he would do it.
But the fact that they were able to win that war against crazy odds and keep the land to this day should be proof even to an illogical person that God did it.
Because he promised he would as the Bible foretold.

Obviously there are those who are not logical if it means reading the Bible in the grammatical structure it is given and believing God knows how to communicate to humans.

No, they have to distort the definition of simple words like "forever" "jew" and "Israel" to fit a preconceived agenda of prejudice against jews.

Yes, they have been vomited out of the land on a few occasions...and yet have always returned since 650 B.C.

Just a coincidence? Yeah, right....

Upvote 0

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Micah and irrational, thank you for your very rational comments in this thread. :)

No, Thereselittleflower, thank you, I find your comments very enlightening and inclusive. It disturbs me to no end at how distorted things can become. I am curious where one would find mention of the 20th century in the Bible? ;)

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, no such promise unless you mean "forever" in like
she takes forever to wash her hair​

I would hope my brides hair would take a very long time to groom....hahahaha

But seriously.

Genesis 17 : 8 The whole land of Canaan, where you are now an alien, I will give as an

( EVERLASTING ):clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
No, Thereselittleflower, thank you, I find your comments very enlightening and inclusive. It disturbs me to no end at how distorted things can become. I am curious where one would find mention of the 20th century in the Bible? ;)

Not until the invention of the printing press, telecom, Raido , TV, internet etc. the prophecy of the Gospel being shared with the WHOLE WORLD was not possible until the 20th century.

Just an obvious example. 1 of many.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.