A Call for Repentance: An Open Letter from Palestinian Christians to Western Church Leaders and Theologians

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,911.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I strongly believe that at some point in the future, when people look back on the decades of suffering the Palestinian people had to endure, they will not be kind to Christians of the West because of their lack of compassion towards the Palestinian people, their failure to act to end their oppression, and for being a part of a system that allowed it to happen.

An Open Letter from Palestinian Christians to Western Church Leaders and Theologians

“Learn to do right; seek justice; defend the oppressed” (Isa 1:17).

We, at the undersigned Palestinian Christian institutions and grassroots movements, grieve and lament the renewed cycle of violence in our land. As we were about to publish this open letter, some of us lost dear friends and family members in the atrocious Israeli bombardment of innocent civilians on October 19, 2023, Christians included, who were taking refuge in the historical Greek Orthodox Church of Saint Porphyrius in Gaza. Words fail to express our shock and horror with regard to the on-going war in our land. We deeply mourn the death and suffering of all people because it is our firm conviction that all humans are made in God’s image. We are also profoundly troubled when the name of God is invoked to promote violence and religious national ideologies.

Further, we watch with horror the way many western Christians are offering unwavering support to Israel’s war against the people of Palestine. While we recognize the numerous voices that have spoken and continue to speak for the cause of truth and justice in our land, we write to challenge western theologians and church leaders who have voiced uncritical support for Israel and to call them to repent and change. Sadly, the actions and double standards of some Christian leaders have gravely hurt their Christian witness and have severely distorted their moral judgment with regards to the situation in our land.

We come alongside fellow Christians in condemning all attacks on civilians, especially defenseless families and children. Yet, we are disturbed by the silence of many church leaders and theologians when it is Palestinian civilians who are killed. We are also horrified by the refusal of some western Christians to condemn the ongoing Israeli occupation of Palestine, and, in some instances, their justification of and support for the occupation. Further, we are appalled by how some Christians have legitimized Israel’s ongoing indiscriminate attacks on Gaza, which have, so far, claimed the lives of more than 3,700 Palestinians, the majority of whom are women and children. These attacks have resulted in the wholesale destruction of entire neighborhoods and the forced displacement of over one million Palestinians.

The letter continues at the link below.

Signed Organizations and Institutions

Kairos Palestine

Christ at the Checkpoint

Bethlehem Bible College

Sabeel Ecumenical Center for Liberation Theology

Dar al-Kalima University

Al-Liqa Center for Religious, Heritage and Cultural Studies in the Holy Land

The East Jerusalem YMCA

The YWCA of Palestine

Arab Orthodox Society, Jerusalem

Arab Orthodox Club, Jerusalem

The Department of Service to Palestinian Refugees of the Middle East Council of Churches

Arab Education Institute Pax Christi, Bethlehem

Reluctant Theologian

אַבְרָהָם
Jul 13, 2021
QLD
✟71,408.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I very much feel for the plight of the Gaza believers in these times (and also in general), but I still sense a anti-Israel bias in this statement. E.g. it mentions the 'atrocious Israeli bombardment of innocent civilians'. But most people would know that the IDF never intentionally attacks civilians. It has so far only attacked military/HAMAS targets. If you are a civilian who happens to live in the same apartment or even floor as a HAMAS operative or leader, yes, then you may suffer or die in that attack as well. So any civilian who wants so stay alive has to make sure to move south of the Wadi Gaza line and avoid any proximity to known HAMAS people/places.

The mentioned Greek Orthodox Church was NOT specifically targeted, but there was a HAMAS command centre next to it (this has been reported in various news channels). So collateral damage probably would have occurred, but civilians were not specifically, intentionally targeted. Of course as in any war target location errors will be made, but there is no intentional harm to purely civilian targets from the Israeli side. That is in total contrast to HAMAS where ALL rockets by definition are indiscriminate and target mostly civilians.

Also about 20% of all HAMAS rockets fail and end up falling in the Gaza strip itself - causing damage among their own civilian population. This way already there have been already more than 550 failed HAMAS rockets that hit targets in the Gaza strip itself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Israel bears responsibility for innocent lives & destruction at St. Porphyrios Orthodox Church. It was reckless and unintended. I am sure the Palestinian Christians also have to be measured in what they say when they are probably permitted to speak.

This tragedy must be remembered in comparison to other international incidents of Christian persecutions and destroyed churches in the Middle East. There have also been hassles the Palestinian Christians have had from the Patriarchate of Jerusalem.

The persecution of the Egyptian Copts:

Syria:

Iraq:

Later add, I mentioned the hassles faced by Palestinian Christians from their own religious leaders. Basically these leaders are corrupt, create hassles & pass the buck to blame the third party they should never have dealt with to begin with.

Last edited:
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Reluctant Theologian

אַבְרָהָם
Jul 13, 2021
QLD
✟71,408.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Israel bears responsibility for innocent lives & destruction at St. Porphyrios Orthodox Church. It was reckless and unintended. I am sure the Palestinian Christians also have to be measured in what they say when they are probably permitted to speak.

This tragedy must be remembered in comparison to other international incidents of Christian persecutions and destroyed churches in the Middle East. There have also been hassles the Palestinian Christians have had from the Patriarchate of Jerusalem.

The persecution of the Egyptian Copts:

Syria:

Iraq:

Later add, I mentioned the hassles faced by Palestinian Christians from their own religious leaders. Basically these leaders are corrupt, create hassles & pass the buck to blame the third party they should never have dealt with to begin with.

It's good to point out the church itself has not been destroyed; only an annex to it. Second, we have to address and correct the original false claim that the IDF targeted the church; it did not. I am full aware of the suffering and harassment Christians in Arabic countries and even in Israel have to endure, but we have to strive for correct factual statements.

Check this Newsweek article regarding the St. Porphyrios Church event: Gaza Greek Orthodox Church Blast—What We Know

Also already for 2 full weeks the IDF has been sending messages to all North-Gaza residens by SMS, UN, dropped leaflets, etc. that ALL civilians should flee to South-Gaza if they want to keep their lives. That church is in North-Gaza - staying anywhere near that church clearly is risking your life intentionally. I would beg all believers connected to that church to heed the IDF warning and leave while still possible - not much time is left - if they want to keep that community alive.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I very much feel for the plight of the Gaza believers in these times (and also in general), but I still sense a anti-Israel bias in this statement. E.g. it mentions the 'atrocious Israeli bombardment of innocent civilians'. But most people would know what the IDF never intentionally attacks civilians. It has so far only attacked military/HAMAS targets. If you are a civilian who happens to live in the same apartment or even floor as a HAMAS operative or leader, yes, then you may suffer or die in that attack as well. So any civilian who wants so stay alive has to make sure to move south of the Wadi Gaza line and avoid any proximity to known HAMAS people/places.

The mentioned Greek Orthodox Church was NOT specifically targeted, but there was a HAMAS command centre next to it (this has been reported in various news channels). So collateral damage probably would have occurred, but civilians were not specifically, intentionally targeted. Of course as in any war target location errors will be made, but there is no intentional harm to purely civilian targets from the Israeli side. That is in total contrast to HAMAS where ALL rockets by definition are indiscriminate and target mostly civilians.

Also about 20% of all HAMAS rockets fail and end up falling in the Gaza strip itself - causing damage among their own civilian population. This way already there have been already more than 550 failed HAMAS rockets that hit targets in the Gaza strip itself.
The IDF just recently attacked Christians who were attending a funeral in Jerusalem,

The displacement and disposement of the Palestinians when the state of Israel was declared in 1948,
is a cause for the hatred we see today.

The destruction of homes and confiscation of Palestinian land in the West Bank, in order to be turned
over to Israeli settlements, is all but ignored in the US media. This has been going on since 1967, when
Israel took over the West Bank and Gollan Heights.

You can justify Israel's right to exist, which it does. But it has been at the expense of Palestinians
who lived there for centuries. Not all Palestinians are Muslims, many were Christians. Their persecution
by the Israeli government was exposed on Mother Angelica's show by a priest from Franciscans of the Holy Land.

President Biden is merely feeding the war and drawing the US into the fight, which we should not be involved in.

Upvote 0

Reluctant Theologian

אַבְרָהָם
Jul 13, 2021
QLD
✟71,408.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The IDF just recently attacked Christians who were attending a funeral in Jerusalem,

The displacement and disposement of the Palestinians when the state of Israel was declared in 1948,
is a cause for the hatred we see today.

The destruction of homes and confiscation of Palestinian land in the West Bank, in order to be turned
over to Israeli settlements, is all but ignored in the US media. This has been going on since 1967, when
Israel took over the West Bank and Gollan Heights.

You can justify Israel's right to exist, which it does. But it has been at the expense of Palestinians
who lived there for centuries. Not all Palestinians are Muslims, many were Christians. Their persecution
by the Israeli government was exposed on Mother Angelica's show by a priest from Franciscans of the Holy Land.

President Biden is merely feeding the war and drawing the US into the fight, which we should not be involved in.
Have you got a credible news reference for me for the alleged attack by the IDF on Christians attending a funeral in Jerusalem?

The displacement and other atrocities that happened in the aftermath of the Independence War in 1948 are tragic enough; and certainly also the sometimes bad treatment of Palestinians in general in occupied territories, but matters at stake here are not those issues.

The very core question is: should there be a uniquely Jewish State in the land that used to be called Israel in Biblical times? Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran and many, many other Palestinians say very clearly: no - such state should not exist, and therefore using the slogan 'From the river to the sea - Palestine will be free' actively or passively support the destruction of the Jewish State of Israel and getting rid of any Jews who currently live there.

I do answer that question with 'yes' and therefore consider the fight against Hamas/Hezbollah/Iran legitimate.

Still there should be a place where Palestinians can live in peace as well and build a good life for themselves. And of course I hope Christians in either Israel or anywhere else in the Arab world will be treated well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have you got a credible news reference for me for the alleged attack by the IDF on Christians attending a funeral in Jerusalem?

The displacement and other atrocities that happened in the aftermath of the Independence War in 1948 is tragic enough; and certainly also the sometimes bad treatment of Palestinians in general in occupied territories, but matter at stake here are not those issues.

The very core question is: should there be a uniquely Jewish State in the land that used to be called Israel in Biblical times? Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran and many, many other Palestinians say very clearly: no - such state should not exist, and therefore using the slogan 'From the river to the sea - Palestine will be free' actively or passively support the destruction of the Jewish State of Israel and getting rid of any Jews who currently live there.

I do answer that question with 'yes' and therefore consider the fight against Hamas/Hezbollah/Iran legitimate.

Still there should be a place where Palestinians can live in peace as well and build a good life for themselves. And of course I hope Christians in either Israel or anywhere else in the Arab world will be treated well.
There are many stories in addition to this one;

There's more articles if you just google it.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I strongly believe that at some point in the future, when people look back on the decades of suffering the Palestinian people had to endure, they will not be kind to Christians of the West because of their lack of compassion towards the Palestinian people, their failure to act to end their oppression, and for being a part of a system that allowed it to happen.
The most horrific attack on Jews since the Holocaust has just take place. The Hamas government is the government voted in by Palestinians. Instead of using all of the donated funds to help alleviate problems among the people the funds have been used to spread terror and attempt to exterminate all Jews. The failure of the Palestinian people as a whole to renounce such barbarism and turn over the terrorists is chilling. We should have great sympathy for those who truly want peace, and hopefully they have heeded Israel's warnings and moved south.

Reactions: joymercy
Upvote 0

Reluctant Theologian

אַבְרָהָם
Jul 13, 2021
QLD
✟71,408.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are many stories in addition to this one;

There's more articles if you just google it.
I'll just use this one as an example of how negative spin on events is applied. I've just checked the website - IMEMC News myself, and its home page literally ONLY has news articles detailing violence from 'bad Israel' to Arabs/Palestinians, completely omitting anything from the other side. Its language and terminology also reveals deep bias in this conflict. So this certainly is not a independent or credible source.

Now I will try to zoom in on what actually happened on April 23rd 2023. The IDF was not attacking Christians, but Israeli Police had been instructing Churches to limit its visitor numbers as it tried to control masses and reduce security risks in the wake of earlier unrest. This was apparently ignored and subsequently Israeli Security forces or Police took measures including violence to enforce their earlier instructions.

That is quite a different scenario that the suggestive phrase 'IDF attacks Christians'. Yes, I am fully aware Christians are being discriminated against by the Israelis sometimes, and certainly are being treated in a hostile way by Orthodox Jews - as the recent spitting incident towards an Orthodox nun highlighted.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'll just use this one as an example of how negative spin on events is applied. I've just checked the website - IMEMC News myself, and its home page literally ONLY has news articles detailing violence from 'bad Israel' to Arabs/Palestinians, completely omitting anything from the other side. Its language and terminology also reveals deep bias in this conflict. So this certainly is not a independent or credible source.

Now I will try to zoom in on what actually happened on April 23rd 2023. The IDF was not attacking Christians, but Israeli Police had been instructing Churches to limit its visitor numbers as it tried to control masses and reduce security risks in the wake of earlier unrest. This was apparently ignored and subsequently Israeli Security forces or Police took measures including violence to enforce their earlier instructions.

That is quite a different scenario that the suggestive phrase 'IDF attacks Christians'. Yes, I am fully aware Christians are being discriminated against by the Israelis sometimes, and certainly are being treated in a hostile way by Orthodox Jews - as the recent spitting incident towards an Orthodox nun highlighted.
Then check out the other sources, like NBC and keep in mind that NBC does not identify the Palestinians in question
as Christians, so people may assume they're Muslims. From the article itself;
"
It outlined two possible scenarios: that she was hit by gunfire from Palestinian militants, or by an IDF solider firing at the Palestinian gunmen.

Reporters who were with Abu Akleh, including one who was shot and wounded, said there were no clashes or militants in the immediate area when she was killed early Wednesday. All of them were wearing protective equipment that clearly identified them as members of the press." FYI, Shireen Abu Akleh was a Catholic Melkite.

Learn the history of how and when the State of Israel was established in 1948 and how the border drawn by Zionists was different
than what the UN had drawn up. Also, remember, Palestinians were not invited to the UN table when the State of Israel was being
developed. They only learned about it when some 250,000 were driven out of their homes and out into the desert of what is now called
Gaza.

Hamas was wrong to attack and kill innocent civilians. Palestinians were wrong to elect this terrorist organization to represent them.

However, understand that unless the Israeli's and the Palestinians call for a cease fire and work toward a peaceful two state solution,
nothing will ever change. Also keep in mind that a Palestinian State requires having control over their own water, power and ports.
No sovereign nation would ever put up with not having that control.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then check out the other sources, like NBC and keep in mind that NBC does not identify the Palestinians in question
as Christians, so people may assume they're Muslims.

Learn the history of how and when the State of Israel was established in 1948 and how the border drawn by Zionists was different
than what the UN had drawn up. Also, remember, Palestinians were not invited to the UN table when the State of Israel was being
developed. They only learned about it when some 250,000 were driven out of their homes and out into the desert of what is now called
Gaza.

Hamas was wrong to attack and kill innocent civilians. Palestinians were wrong to elect this terrorist organization to represent them.

However, understand that unless the Israeli's and the Palestinians call for a cease fire and work toward a peaceful two state solution,
nothing will ever change. Also keep in mind that a Palestinian State requires having control over their own water, power and ports.
The history is that God gave the land to Israel thousands of years ago. The last land transfer was from Israel to Gaza and this is the result. Tragically the goal of so many in Gaza is to exterminate Israel. Like the Nazis who tried exterminating the Jews, Hamas will soon be so more. Those who do not support Hams have been told to go to the south of Gaza. Those that stand with Hamas, who refuse to provide Israel with the location of the terrorists, do so at their own peril.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The history is that God gave the land to Israel thousands of years ago. The last land transfer was from Israel to Gaza and this is the result. Tragically the goal of so many in Gaza is to exterminate Israel. Like the Nazis who tried exterminating the Jews, Hamas will soon be so more. Those who do not support Hams have been told to go to the south of Gaza. Those that stand with Hamas, who refuse to provide Israel with the location of the terrorists, do so at their own peril.

The history is that after the Crucifixion of Christ, the Jews had an uprising and tried to overthrow the Romans. They were dispersed
throughout Europe.

When the state of Israel was established by the Zionists in 1948, there were 700,000 people living there, and only 80,000 Jews.
Should those living there have been thrown out, killed or what?

Heck, using that logic, all non-Native Americans should leave. Go back to the place of origin and give the American continents back
to the Native Americans still alive. Of course, those other nations may have something to say against such an exodus.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The history is that after the Crucifixion of Christ, the Jews had an uprising and tried to overthrow the Romans. They were dispersed
throughout Europe.

When the state of Israel was established by the Zionists in 1948, there were 700,000 people living there, and only 80,000 Jews.
Should those living there have been thrown out, killed or what?

Heck, using that logic, all non-Native Americans should leave. Go back to the place of origin and give the American continents back
to the Native Americans still alive. Of course, those other nations may have something to say against such an exodus.
With me God's choice takes priority. The U.N. decision back in the 1940s is past history, like Native American land in the U.S. We are dealing again with a situation like the Nazis where the goal of many in Gaza is to exterminate the Jews. Native Americans are not lopping off heads of babies and torturing people for enjoyment.

Last edited:
Reactions: joymercy
Upvote 0

Reluctant Theologian

אַבְרָהָם
Jul 13, 2021
QLD
✟71,408.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
as Christians, so people may assume they're Muslims. From the article itself;
"
It outlined two possible scenarios: that she was hit by gunfire from Palestinian militants, or by an IDF solider firing at the Palestinian gunmen.

Reporters who were with Abu Akleh, including one who was shot and wounded, said there were no clashes or militants in the immediate area when she was killed early Wednesday. All of them were wearing protective equipment that clearly identified them as members of the press." FYI, Shireen Abu Akleh was a Catholic Melkite.

Gaza.

I understand those complications quite well - I do know quite a bit of that history. Also the news source you quote indeed paints a much more nuanced scene. But a two-state solution will never bring peace for hard-line Muslim factions like Hamas, Hezbollah or Iran. They simply will not accept any piece of land under exclusive Jewish control or any sovereignty of Israel over Jerusalem.

Palestinians were displaced indeed, but we have to look at the bigger picture - Palestinians are not a distinct ethnicity. Arabs inhabit and control maybe 99% of the entire vast Middle-East - plenty of space, many people. The Jews worldwide have only one tiny homeland - it's really very small. I think the Jews are entitled to a defensible geographical area where they have a chance against attacking forces.

Israel left Gaza to the Palestinians there in 2005 - with no intention to ever return. They did not threat/try to colonise Gaza in any way. Hamas came to power by elections in 2007 and since then abolished democracy. Hamas had every opportunity to turn Gaza into a prosperous strip of land with free movement to Egypt. Yet instead it chose a military build-up with a clear goal in mind (according to its constitution): the destruction of the entire State of Israel.

The basic question remains: who is allowed to live where? Historical reasons, religious reasons, humanitarian - and since mankind exists we have the spoils of war. All empires and nations have done that - no exceptions. Israel has fought several wars since 1948 - all of them initiated by other entities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
With me God's choice takes priority. The U.N. decision back in the 1940s is past history, like Native American land in the U.S. We are dealing again with a situation like the Nazis where the goal of many in Gaza is to exterminate the Jews. Native Americans are not lopping off heads of babies and torturing people for enjoyment.
Then God's choice is to forgive your enemies and not look for retaliation.

Yes, Israel has a right to defend itself, but Israel has also committed genocide as the world watched 10 years ago, when they
turned Gaza into ruble and over 10,000 Palestinians were killed.

Keep in mind, when we use the title, "Palestinians," we're also including Christians, who were converts from Judaism, centuries
ago. As it is, Jews who converted to Christianity in Europe, can not become citizens of Israel. When they mark their religion as
Christian, they are denied citizenship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I understand those complications quite well - I do know quite a bit of that history. Also the news source you quote indeed paints a much more nuanced scene. But a two-state solution will never bring peace for hard-line Muslim factions like Hamas, Hezbollah or Iran. They simply will not accept any piece of land under exclusive Jewish control or any sovereignty of Israel over Jerusalem.

Palestinians were displaced indeed, but we have to look at the bigger picture - Palestinians are not a distinct ethnicity. Arabs inhabit and control maybe 99% of the entire vast Middle-East - plenty of space, many people. The Jews worldwide have only one tiny homeland - it's really very small. I think the Jews are entitled to a defensible geographical area where they have a chance against attacking forces.

Israel left Gaza to the Palestinians there in 2005 - with no intention to ever return. They did not threat/try to colonise Gaza in any way. Hamas came to power by elections in 2007 and since then abolished democracy. Hamas had every opportunity to turn Gaza into a prosperous strip of land with free movement to Egypt. Yet instead it chose a military build-up with a clear goal in mind (according to its constitution): the destruction of the entire State of Israel.

The basic question remains: who is allowed to live where? Historical reasons, religious reasons, humanitarian - and since mankind exists we have the spoils of war. All empires and nations have done that - no exceptions. Israel has fought several wars since 1948 - all of them initiated by other entities.
The Israeli's first started building settlements in Gaza, until UN opinion told them to leave. They left but continued in the West Bank. They
literally bulldozed Palestinian homes to the ground, in order to make room for Jewish Settlements. The excuse given was that the Palestinian
homes were built without permits. Many of those houses were built over 100 years ago before the State of Israel existed.

Yes, I agree, peace is not about to come to the Middle East and won't until the 2nd Coming of Christ.

Meanwhile, we should follow what Ronald Reagan wrote in his diary after the 250 Marines were killed in Beirut. He wrote, "The United States must never be drawn into a war in the Middle East."
Unfortunately, President Bush 41 and his son Dubya, ignored that advice. Biden certainly is ignoring it and borders on treason, He's seems
more interested in getting applause and glory from foreigners than Americans. He was shown on world TV, hugging Netanyahu and
calling on Americans to give full support to Israel. How do you think Palestinians view this? So, you want the US defense contractors
to dictate our wars, then raise taxes to pay for the costs of arming Ukraine and Israel and see how that goes over.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Try watching Norm Finkelstein on Gaza.

I've been following Finkelstein for over 15 years now and the history of Israel and Palestinian conflict is complex,
but Israel is guilty for a lot of the crimes committed against the Palestinians. Again, not all Palestinians are Muslims,
many are Christians, but many Christians left the Holy Lande because of the persecution from the government of
Israel, and the radical extremists like Hamas.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then God's choice is to forgive your enemies and not look for retaliation.

Yes, Israel has a right to defend itself, but Israel has also committed genocide as the world watched 10 years ago, when they
turned Gaza into ruble and over 10,000 Palestinians were killed.

Keep in mind, when we use the title, "Palestinians," we're also including Christians, who were converts from Judaism, centuries
ago. As it is, Jews who converted to Christianity in Europe, can not become citizens of Israel. When they mark their religion as
Christian, they are denied citizenship.
True genocide was just committed against the Jews by a horrific terrorist group. You're talking citizenship after the rape, torture, and murder of over a thousand civilians, with babies heads chopped off. Hamas brags and celebrates the sick and twisted savagery. Those with common sense in Gaza need to denounce Hamas and their backers and turn their locations in to the Israelis. Gaza has been given numerous chances for peace and returned hatred and killing. Now Israel will decide the fate of Gaza.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
True genocide was just committed against the Jews by a horrific terrorist group. You're talking citizenship after the rape, torture, and murder of over a thousand civilians, with babies heads chopped off. Hamas brags and celebrates the sick and twisted savagery. Those with common sense in Gaza need to denounce Hamas and their backers and turn their locations in to the Israelis. Gaza has been given numerous chances for peace and returned hatred and killing. Now Israel will decide the fate of Gaza.
I've already condemned the attack by Hamas, don't try and accuse me of supporting their atrocities.

However, the Palestinians and Hamas are not the same. Killing of innocent civilians by either Hamas or the Israeli government,
is unjustified.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've already condemned the attack by Hamas, don't try and accuse me of supporting their atrocities.

However, the Palestinians and Hamas are not the same. Killing of innocent civilians by either Hamas or the Israeli government,
is unjustified.
Hamas wants Israel to accidentally kill civilians, they are willing to sacrifice Palestinians. They will surround their cowardly terrorists with civilians so they can hold up dead babies in front of CNN cameras and claim that is what Israel is all about. The people of Gaza must rise up against Hamas. Hamas targeted babies.

Upvote 0