Churches have finally awakened! Call for an end to Israeli occupation of arab lands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Its about time! The Churches have awoken and now are standing on the side of truth and justice for those in the middle east! May their efforts prove fruitful and help to bring peace to this troubled region!

AMMAN, Jordan - A Geneva-based church body said Monday it would launch a global initiative to have churches worldwide rally for an end to Israel's occupation of Arab lands seized in the 1967 Mideast war.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/06/world_council_of_churches_deni.php

Dispensationalism and Christian Zionism are on the way out!

The Zionist hold over the Churches is breaking!

Praise God!

Reactions: icedtea

yod

the wandering goy
Sep 6, 2003
Dallas, TX
Visit site
✟1,749.00
Faith
Messianic
I posted this same information a couple weeks ago...and then showed how these are the same "churches" who are supporting Hamas', sharia law, and the persecution of arab christians in Gaza and Samaria

The WCC is a political entity which has absolutely nothing to do with anything biblical or godly

Upvote 0

FireQuest

Aug 17, 2006
In Jesus, My Strong Tower!
✟8,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I posted this same information a couple weeks ago...and then showed how these are the same "churches" who are supporting Hamas', sharia law, and the persecution of arab christians in Gaza and Samaria

The WCC is a political entity which has absolutely nothing to do with anything biblical or godly
What Yod said.... :)

Upvote 0

BereanTodd

Missionary Heart
Nov 26, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟11,542.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Amen, amen, and amen.

I also second the thoughts of the one who pointed out that mainline denominations which have been moving increasingly liberal and speaking out against Israel as well have been steadily losing membership, whereas conservative, fundamentalist churches who stand for the Bible and for Israel have been growing. Coincidence?

Isa 46:3 The grass withers and the flower fades, but the Word of the Lord stands forever

Gen 12 "I will bless them that bless thee and curse them that curse thee"

Upvote 0

davidoffinland

Sep 16, 2004
finland
✟8,343.00
Faith
Lutheran
From Finland.

Guys...guys...you have short memories....you are missing one important point in this history. The 6 Day War!. If you were living in Israel at this time, what are you going to do when Arab armies attack you and the Army beats them back beyond the 1967 borders? Give the land back to the enemy? Do you want security, a bordering land mass, that will protect you somewhat? Get a sense of history!

In Him, david.

Reactions: Eryk
Upvote 0

KarrieTex

HOOK EM HORNS
Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2006
Houston, Texas
✟38,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This debate is getting old.

First) God restored Israel back to the land He promised them.

Second) God is in control of what is going on with His people and obvisoulsy they are exactly where He wants them.

Third) As Christians why oh why are you fighting what is so much in God's hands. Why is it the Christians throwing the loudest fits when we are the ones who believe God has a plan for each of us and each country?

Fourth) The end times are coming, which we don't know when, Israel being where she is is a part of God's plan in regards to moving this world to the end times.

In a nutshell, get over it. God wants Israel in her land, He wants them to flourish there, and He has always wanted that. You aren't fighting politicians on this you are fighting God on this.

Upvote 0

BereanTodd

Missionary Heart
Nov 26, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟11,542.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From Finland.

Guys...guys...you have short memories....you are missing one important point in this history. The 6 Day War!. If you were living in Israel at this time, what are you going to do when Arab armies attack you and the Army beats them back beyond the 1967 borders? Give the land back to the enemy? Do you want security, a bordering land mass, that will protect you somewhat? Get a sense of history!

In Him, david.

The other thing that is often missed is that before the 6-day war there were lands which were supposed to be for the arab "palestinians", which the Egyptians and the Jordanians had moved in and taken, and they were supressing the Palestinians, even violently (Jordan in particular).

But do we hear cries about the evil treatment and the oppresion by the other arab states? No, it's only cries about the "evil Jews". Whatever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
This debate is getting old.

First) God restored Israel back to the land He promised them.

Karrie, that statment is simply out there. You may believe that, but this simply assumes facts not in evidence.

I see no evidence that God did any such thing. I see evidence that man did this and has tried to make it look like God did it, but that's about it.

Everything else you stated is predicated on the above being true, yet no evidence is presented for it being true and I have never seen any valid evidence that it is true.

Second) God is in control of what is going on with His people and obvisoulsy they are exactly where He wants them.

You have yet to prove that those in the land of Israel are indeed God's people. There are many Jews totally opposed to Zionism and the State of Israel.

So, you have God having God's people in two different places, against themselves if we follow your logic.

A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand . . .

Third) As Christians why oh why are you fighting what is so much in God's hands.

:scratch: So do you preach passivity to moral issues?

Why is it the Christians throwing the loudest fits when we are the ones who believe God has a plan for each of us and each country?

Let's take that logic to its natural conclusion . . . What about Germany during the Third Reich? Should Christians not have been throwing loud fits about what Hitler and the country of Germany was doing simply because we believe God has a plan for each of us an each country?

Should Chrisitans become passive observers?

Is that what you are promoting?

Fourth) The end times are coming, which we don't know when, Israel being where she is is a part of God's plan in regards to moving this world to the end times.

That is merely your claim. No valid proof has ever been presented to prove this claim.

In a nutshell, get over it. God wants Israel in her land, He wants them to flourish there, and He has always wanted that. You aren't fighting politicians on this you are fighting God on this.

LOLOL!

I don't buy it Karrie . . I also no longer fall for such strong arm tactics. I no longer am influenced by such rhetoric. God has delivered me from dispensationalist nonsense . . . truly has delivered me so such emotionally controlling phrases used by dispensationalism "you are fighting God" no longer elicit the expected immediate emotional response.

This has absolutely nothing to do with fighting God.

Now, the UN finally woke up too a few decades ago and realized their mistake back in 1948, and in 1975 declared Zionism racist:
On November 10, 1975, the UN General Assembly adopted Resolution 3379, which determined that "Zionism is a form of racism and racial discrimination."​

And explaining how this is true from the personal experience of Jews is this work:

The Life of an American Jew in Racist Marxist Israel
http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/israel.htm

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
From Finland.

In Him, david.

May I suggest you follow your own advice and get a senes of history.

The arabs did not attack Israel.

Israel attacked Egypt and started the 6 day war.

Also, read up on the USS Liberty and Israel's act of war against the US during this time . .. it is attrocious!

Your understanding of history appears to be sorely lacking.

Upvote 0

davidoffinland

Sep 16, 2004
finland
✟8,343.00
Faith
Lutheran
From Finland

Littleflower...are you serious that my sense of history is lacking? I think you better look more closely at your own sense of history and try to get a balance of things of what is going on in the M.E. Jews & Arabs..history of Western involvement...christians & muslims...Jews & muslims...too many people blatantly take one side without looking at the overall situation. Blessings

In Him, david.

Upvote 0
C

ContentInHim

Amen, amen, and amen.

I also second the thoughts of the one who pointed out that mainline denominations which have been moving increasingly liberal and speaking out against Israel as well have been steadily losing membership, whereas conservative, fundamentalist churches who stand for the Bible and for Israel have been growing. Coincidence?

Isa 46:3 The grass withers and the flower fades, but the Word of the Lord stands forever

Gen 12 "I will bless them that bless thee and curse them that curse thee"
http://www.layman.org/layman/news/2005-news/while-mainline-protestants-lose.htm

Here're the stats. As the mainline churches become more "socially relevant" and cede their opinions to groups like the WCC and the UCC, they lose membership. But check out the evangelical and charismatic growth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
From Finland

Littleflower...are you serious that my sense of history is lacking?

Absolutely!

FACT:

You said the Arabs attacked Israel in the 6 Day War:
The 6 Day War!. If you were living in Israel at this time, what are you going to do when Arab armies attack you

FACT:

The Arab armies did NOT attack Israel in teh 6 Day War.​

FACT:

ISRAEL attacked the Arabs by first attacking Egypt thus STARTING the 6 Day WAr!​

Additionally, from a UN observer at the time of the 6 Day War:

Amsterdam - A former Dutch UN observer has said Israel was not under siege by Arab countries preceding the Six-Day War, the 40th anniversary of which falls Tuesday, and that the Jewish state provoked most border incidents as part of its strategy to annex more land.

Speaking on a Dutch current affairs programme late Monday, Jan Muhren, who was stationed interchangeably at the Golan Heights and the West Bank in 1966-67, says neither Jordan nor Syria had any intention to start a war with Israel.

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/...ked_Six-Day_War_says_former_Dutch_UN_observer

The facts show that your version of history is very flawed. One who knows their history knows these facts.

So, we are left with one of two conclusions to draw . .
1) You know these facts yet choose to deliberately mirepresent the truth.

2) You don't know these facts and thus prove your sense of history is lacking.​

Which is it David?

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

The Six-Day War (Arabic: حرب الأيام الستة, ħarb al‑ayyam as‑sitta ; Hebrew: מלחמת ששת הימים, Milhemet Sheshet Ha‑Yamim), also known as the 1967 Arab-Israeli War, the Third Arab-Israeli War, Six Days' War, an‑Naksah (The Setback), or the June War, was fought between Israel and its Arab neighbours Egypt, Jordan, and Syria. Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Algeria also contributed troops and arms to the Arab forces.
In the months before June 1967, Egypt expelled the United Nations Emergency Force from the Sinai Peninsula, increased its military activity near the border, blockaded the Straits of Tiran to Israeli ships, and called for unified Arab action against Israel. In June 1967, Israel launched a pre-emptive attack on Egypt's airforce fearing an imminent invasion by Egypt.[1] Jordan then attacked western Jerusalem and Netanya.[2][3] At the war's end, Israel had gained control of eastern Jerusalem, the Gaza Strip, the Sinai Peninsula, the West Bank, and the Golan Heights. The results of the war affect the geopolitics of the region to this day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Regarding the title of this thread, which I also saw in News Stories - I'll say what I said there.

I don't think satan will be able to pull it off.

Churches finally awakened..to put an end to Israel's occupation? hehe

anyway, Praise God for Israel, for his brothers and sisters, for all who will come to know him, for all the land which will one day be theirs again.

to note: this does not mean I don't love or care about Palistineans, but sorry; God gave Israel the land, and it's rightfully theirs.

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Absolutely!

FACT:

You said the Arabs attacked Israel in the 6 Day War:
The 6 Day War!. If you were living in Israel at this time, what are you going to do when Arab armies attack you

FACT:

The Arab armies did NOT attack Israel in teh 6 Day War.​
FACT:

ISRAEL attacked the Arabs by first attacking Egypt thus STARTING the 6 Day WAr!​
Additionally, from a UN observer at the time of the 6 Day War:

Amsterdam - A former Dutch UN observer has said Israel was not under siege by Arab countries preceding the Six-Day War, the 40th anniversary of which falls Tuesday, and that the Jewish state provoked most border incidents as part of its strategy to annex more land.

Speaking on a Dutch current affairs programme late Monday, Jan Muhren, who was stationed interchangeably at the Golan Heights and the West Bank in 1966-67, says neither Jordan nor Syria had any intention to start a war with Israel.​

The facts show that your version of history is very flawed. One who knows their history knows these facts.

So, we are left with one of two conclusions to draw . .
1) You know these facts yet choose to deliberately mirepresent the truth.​

2) You don't know these facts and thus prove your sense of history is lacking.​

Which is it David?

So you post antsemtic lies scream about how they're fact expect all of us here to believe you. All you have have proven is how horribly distorted your knowledge is of this series of events and that you can be easily fooled by propaganda.

Upvote 0

gwynedd1

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟18,093.00
Faith
Christian
The conflict started from Syria which was also a Baathist Russian ally. Syria was supporting Palestinians(who were after all treated rather badly). Syria was attacking Israel when Israel moved against Jordan. That got Eygpt involved and thus Egypt was reacting to Israel which was reacting to Syria which in return was reacting to Palestinebut probably for selfish motives.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.