Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
After small portions of President Trump's speech to a rally has been deemed to be intended to "incite violence", it looks as if there are politicians on the other side who are guilty of actually making threats against SCOTUS justices if they don't vote his way:

The big question is if he will ever be held accountable for it if either of these justices suffer harm.
You can’t be held liable for inciting violence if there is no violence.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After small portions of President Trump's speech to a rally has been deemed to be intended to "incite violence", it looks as if there are politicians on the other side who are guilty of actually making threats against SCOTUS justices if they don't vote his way:

The big question is if he will ever be held accountable for it if either of these justices suffer harm.

This is from March, 2020; ancient history.

• Agree
Reactions: MIDutch
Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So...even if that were true, when he told everyone to be peaceful, which is what he did, this was a signal for them to be violent, eh? o_O

I've heard that claim made, but it only shows how the facts mean nothing to the people who are determined to destroy him in any way possible.

P.S. I'm also surprised that you seem not to know that the people who were listening to the speech (which delivered at some distance from the Capitol building, were not and could not have been the same people who invaded the Capitol.
The facts mean nothing? Well, that means a whole lot coming from someone alleging a stolen election with barely any evidence whatsoever.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You can’t be held liable for inciting violence if there is no violence.

This is why I deliver my fieriest speeches to stuffed animals.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, Chucky should probably tone that type of stuff down.

If his complaint what that "we've have an erratic, crazy-sounding person, using language that could convince impressionable people to act out for the last four years"...it'd probably be in his best interest to not emulate that behavior.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The facts mean nothing?

Of course they do! It seems that the kind of post I most often have made here lately presents the facts in the hopes that those members who get their information from rumormongers or CNN or the Daily Kos will at last realize that what they've been told is largely false and, in many cases, flatly impossible as well.

Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Of course they do! It seems that the kind of post I most often have made here lately presents the facts in the hopes that those members who get their information from rumormongers or CNN or the Daily Kos will at last realize that what they've been told is largely false and, in many cases, flatly impossible as well.
The facts did not matter with respect to the results of the election, the ultimate cause of this entire fiasco. People who alleged that the election was stolen obtained their information from rumormongers. And when those rumors were examined by 60 courts, all 60 courts threw the cases out. If these folks had cared about the facts and realized that what they were told was largely false, there would have been no riot and no need for you to explain this or that fact pertaining to the riot. So you only have yourself to blame.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The facts did not matter with respect to the results of the election, the ultimate cause of this entire fiasco. People who alleged that the election was stolen obtained their information from rumormongers. And when those rumors were examined by 60 courts, all 60 courts threw the cases out. If these folks had cared about the facts and realized that what they were told was largely false, there would have been no riot and no need for you to explain this or that fact pertaining to the riot. So you only have yourself to blame.
Maybe it's that you've misunderstood what happened, rather than having read disinformation. What part here do you want clarified for you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That sounds like coming from the middle alright.
We in the middle are accustomed to the double standards of the Left and Right wings.

• Agree
Reactions: ToddNotTodd
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe it's that you don't understand what happened, rather than having read misinformation. Could that be it?
What happened was that Trump followers, disappointed by his loss were willing to believe his incessant lying about the election and the lies Trump told about possible legal remedies. Those lies were (and still are) repeated incessantly by the opportunists in the Conservative media, Twitter and by elected officials who knew better.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What happened was that Trump followers, disappointed by his loss were willing to believe his incessant lying about the election and the lies Trump told about possible legal remedies.
I know that you would like to believe that. Or that you are determined that you will believe it no matter what.

But if we look at this with anything approaching an open mind, the evidence of vote fraud and just plain misadministration of the vote counting, illegal actions of state and local officials, and etc., all of which could easily have changed the outcome of the election, there is no truth to the comforting lies that people who supported Harris and Biden tell themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: Rachel20
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know that you would like to believe that. Or that you are determined that you will believe it no matter what.

But if we look at this with anything approaching an open mind, the evidence of vote fraud and just plain misadministration of the vote counting, illegal actions of state and local officials, and etc., all of which could easily have changed the outcome of the election, there is no truth to the comforting lies that people who supported Harris and Biden tell themselves.
Given that 60 judges, nine Supreme Court justices, 50 state legislatures and two Houses of Congress certified the results.... your assertion of widespread massive election fraud is untruthful based on evidence. Are you ready to name a few public officials that committed or abetted election fraud?

It would be a public service to the state AG’s the FBI, DOJ and other law enforcement agencies that investigate election fraud.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Incredible you still choose to believe the lies and disinformation from the guy who lost and couldn’t get a grip.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So...even if that were true, when he told everyone to be peaceful, which is what he did, this was a signal for them to be violent, eh? o_O

As another poster noted - context matters. As you know very well Abion, aside from that single sentence, the entire speech was feeding into the lie that the election was stolen. A speech which followed his text - weeks earlier -inviting his faithful to come to D.C. -- "It will be wild."

Excerpts from the speech - a speech which is a litany of lies designed to stoke grievance, elicited chants of "Fight for Trump" from the crowd. They are the same lies we saw the mob screaming as they assaulted Congress.

It's just a great honor to have this kind of crowd and to be before you and hundreds of thousands of American patriots who are committed to the honesty of our elections and the integrity of our glorious Republic.
All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by bold and radical left Democrats, which is what they are doing, and stolen by the fake news media. That is what they have done and what they are doing. We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn’t happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved.

Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore, and that is what this is all about.

And to use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal

Today I will lay out just some of the evidence proving that we won this election and we won it by a landslide. This was not a close election. You know I say sometimes jokingly, but there’s no joke about it. I have been in two elections. I won them both and the second one I won much bigger than the first, okay?

We didn’t lose. And by the way, does anybody believe that Joe had 80 million votes? Does anybody believe that?

He had 80 million computer votes. It’s a disgrace. There’s never been anything like that. You can take Third World countries, just take a look, take Third World countries, their elections are more honest than what we have been going through in this country. It’s a disgrace. It’s a disgrace. Even when you look at last night, they were all running around like chickens with their heads cut off with boxes, and nobody knows what the hell is going on. There’s never been anything like this. We will not let them silence your voices. We’re not going to let it happen.

Not going to let it happen.

CROWD: Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump.

TRUMP: Thank you.

CROWD: Fight for Trump.

And Rudy, you did a great job. (APPLAUSE) He’s got guts. You know what? He’s got guts, unlike a lot of people in the Republican Party, he’s got guts, he fights, he fights.

[Rudy, the man that minutes early called on the crowd for "trial by combat"]

Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down — (APPLAUSE) — we’re going to walk down. Anyone you want, but I think right here, we’re going to walk down to the Capitol — (APPLAUSE) — and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. (LAUGHTER) Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong.

We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated. Lawfully slated.

(APPLAUSE)

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard. Today, we will see whether Republicans stand strong for the integrity of our elections. But whether or not they stand strong for our country — our country, our country has been under siege for a long time. Far longer than this four-year period.

Today, we see a very important event, though, because right over there, right there, we see the event that’s going to take place, and I’m going to be watching because history is going to be made.
We’re going to see whether or not we have great and courageous leaders or whether or not we have leaders that should be ashamed of themselves throughout history, throughout eternity. They’ll be ashamed. And you know what? If they do the wrong thing, we should never, ever forget that they did. Never forget.

Let’s say there are stiffs and they are stupid people and they say, well, we really have no choice even though Pennsylvania and other states want to redo their votes, they want to see the numbers, they only have the numbers go very quickly and they want to redo their legislature because many of these votes were taken, as I said, because it wasn’t approved by their legislature, you know that in itself is legal, and then you have the scam and that is all of the things that we are talking about.

But think of this: If you don’t do that, that means you will have a president of the United States for four years with his wonderful son, you will have a president who lost all of these states, or you will have a president, to put it another way, who was voted on by a bunch of stupid people who lost all of these states. You will have an illegitimate president. That is what you will have, and we can’t let that happen.16 These are the facts that you won’t hear from the fake news media. It’s all part of the suppression effort. They don’t want to talk about it. They don’t want to talk about it.

I think you have 250,000 people — 250,000. Looking out at all of the amazing patriots here today, I have never been more confident in our nation’s future. Well, I have to say, we have to be a little bit careful. That’s a nice statement, but we have to be a little careful with that statement. If we allow this group of people to illegally take over our country because it’s illegal, when the votes are illegal, when the way that they got there is illegal, when the states that vote are given false and fraudulent information

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2021/annotated-trump-speech-jan-6-capitol/

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Incredible you still choose to believe the lies and disinformation from the guy who lost and couldn’t get a grip.

Incredible that you keep on thinking that if someone is able to see through the disinformation coming from people who told the whole country that their intent was to literally destroy the person who defeated their choice in 2016, he must, therefore, be a devotee of Trump.

The future of our country is more important than him or Biden and definitely more important than those who are quite open about being willing to destroy it in order to rebuild it in their own image.

• Agree
Reactions: Rachel20
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As another poster noted - context matters. As you know very well Abion, aside from that single sentence, the entire speech was feeding into the lie that the election was stolen. A speech which followed his text - weeks earlier -inviting his faithful to come to D.C. -- "It will be wild."
I consider that to be just plain nonsense. You are clearly reading something into the words there. A reasonable person could not possibly agree with that.

Elections CAN and have been stolen. And "It will be wild" cannot possibly be interpreted as "break the windows in the Capitol building." What's more, we know now that the people at the speech were not the people who attacked the Capitol, so why do you insist upon coming back to that claim?

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We’re seeing severe cases of BDS already and he hasn’t even been sworn in yet.

All of this political rhetoric about Chuck Schumer or Joe Biden or toward other Democrats just seems like a lame attempt by some Trump supporters to lash out at liberals or "own them," so to speak.

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Incredible that you keep on thinking that if someone is able to see through the disinformation coming from people who told the whole country that their intent was to literally destroy the person who defeated their choice in 2016, he must, therefore, be a devotee of Trump.

The future of our country is more important than him or Biden and definitely more important than those who are quite open about being willing to destroy it in order to rebuild it in their own image.
You know what destroys countries? Undermining their institutions like elections. The disinformation is the media campaign that for over 2 months worked to convince people their vote didn’t matter and was stolen from them by the other team. That destroys countries. We’re lucky that we have a system strong enough to endure such a blatant violation by some of our highest elected officials and their toadies in the media and online. You’re welcome to keep believing America sucks so bad that we have fake and fraudulent elections but I choose to believe in American democracy and in our electoral integrity. Having the courts including the Supreme Court, the investigative bureaus and the 50 State governors and elections officials agree with me makes it that much easier.

Upvote 0