Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's because all the court cases hadn't been gone over yet. Why should he publicly concede an election that there were still so many questions about and were being challenged in the legal system?
Good - you're admitting that he has still not conceded.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It wasn't whataboutism, it was a direct response to your claim that nobody on the Right commits arsons.

Did I really make that claim? No. I asked a question, and it was never answered. Here it is again:
Also, what buildings were burned on Jan 6th? (The political left's favorite date).

Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟512,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As if no liberal has ever used that word:
'We can and must fight': AOC urges Americans to 'get to work' to defeat Donald Trump following Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death

AOC’s message to Americans after Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death: ‘There is a political possibility to preserve our democracy'

Context matters. Her use of the
As if no liberal has ever used that word:
'We can and must fight': AOC urges Americans to 'get to work' to defeat Donald Trump following Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death

AOC’s message to Americans after Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death: ‘There is a political possibility to preserve our democracy'

Context matters. Tweeting to the world is different than speaking to a small crowd of people, who are all allies and supporters of Trump, gathered at his request, in which Trump has a very receptive audience he’s addressing, again at his request.

In addition, her comment is missing the inflammatory language of Trump’s speech, the narratives which are motivators to act, and fear of consequences if the “steal” is permitted to manifest. Here’s just a snippet.

Trump refers to “bad people,” “radical left Democrats” stole the election, “third world countries have more honest elections,” “John is one of the most brilliant lawyers in the country, and he looked at this and he said, ‘What an absolute disgrace, that this could be happening to our constitution.’ He looked at Mike Pence, and I hope Mike is going to do the right thing...All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify, and we become president, and you are the happiest people....I just spoke to Mike. I said, ‘Mike, that doesn’t take courage. What takes courage is to do nothing. That takes courage,’ and then we’re stuck with a president who lost the election by a lot, and we have to live with that for four more years. We’re just not going to let that happen....We’re going to have to fight much harder and Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us. If he doesn’t, that will be a sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our constitution. The radical left knows exactly what they’re doing. They’re ruthless and it’s time that somebody did something about it. And Mike Pence, I hope you’re going to stand up for the good of our constitution and for the good of our country. And if you’re not, I’m going to be very disappointed in you. I will tell you right now. I’m not hearing good stories.” “We will not. Cancel culture. They wanted to get rid of the Jefferson Memorial, either take it down or just put somebody else in there. I don’t think that’s going to happen. It damn well better not. Although with this administration, if this happens, it could happen. You’ll see some really bad things happen.” “We want to go back, and we want to get this right because we’re going to have somebody in there that should not be in there and our country will be destroyed, and we’re not going to stand for that.” “The weak Republicans, they’re pathetic Republicans and that’s what happens. If this happened to the Democrats, there’d be hell all over the country going on. There’d be hell all over the country. But just remember this. You’re stronger, you’re smarter. You’ve got more going than anybody, and they try and demean everybody having to do with us, and you’re the real people. You’re the people that built this nation. You’re not the people that tore down our nation.” “We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.” “ I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.” “You will have an illegitimate president, that’s what you’ll have. And we can’t let that happen. These are the facts that you won’t hear from the fake news media. It’s all part of the suppression effort. They don’t want to talk about it.” “We won’t have a country of it happens.” “Sir, yes, the United States, the constitution doesn’t allow me to send them back to the States.’ Well, I say, ‘Yes, it does because the constitution says you have to protect our country and you have to protect our constitution and you can’t vote on fraud,’ and fraud breaks up everything, doesn’t it? When you catch somebody in a fraud, you’re allowed to go by very different rules. So I hope Mike has the courage to do what he has to do. And I hope he doesn’t listen to the RINOs and the stupid people that he’s listening to.” “We are the greatest country on earth and we are headed, and were headed, in the right direction. You know, the wall is built, we’re doing record numbers at the wall. Now they want to take down the wall. Let’s let everyone flow in. Let’s let everybody flow in. We did a great job in the wall. Remember the wall? They said it could never be done. One of the largest infrastructure projects we’ve ever had in this country and it’s had a tremendous impact and we got rid of catch and release, we got rid of all of the stuff that we had to live with. But now the caravans, they think Biden’s getting in, the caravans are forming again. They want to come in again and rip off our country. Can’t let it happen.“ “And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country any more.”

He then goes on to say they all face insurmountable odd, it’s hopeless. The media is left leaning and has embraced the election as legitimate while denouncing claims of a stolen election, schools are indoctrinating their children as a “comprehensive assault on our democracy,” and says they can’t rely on the Supreme Court, they rule against him, despite his loyalty to three appointees as he fought for them, Mike Pence can’t be relied upon, the Republicans in Congress are weak and not willing to act, Congress will vote to certify so, Congress can’t be counted on as well. He then tells the crowd some of the imminent, marvelous accomplishments if he is elected four more years, such as taking on the lying, fake news media, the censoring of conservatives by social media, address voter fraud, build more of the wall to keep illegals out at the border.

So, Trump’s message is one of dire despair. They are going to lose the country they love and nobody is coming to the rescue, unless they “fight”, “fight like hell.” The Supreme Court isn’t coming to the rescue, they’re disloyal despite his loyalty to them. Mike Pence isn’t coming to the rescue. “Weak Republicans” in Congress aren’t coming to the rescue. Congress isn’t coming to the rescue. Neither is the media/social media, which silences conservatives, embraces the election and denounces claims of fraud. The illegals are coming in droves with Biden and Dems, as they will reverse building the wall, and let more illegals in to “rip off” America. And this cycle of radical left is set to perpetuate itself as their kids are poisoned by left ideology in schools. He then demonizes the left and Democrats. After making them feel hopeless, it is a lost cause, nobody is on their side, he encourages them to “fight” and to “fight like hell” to “save” their “country.”

He’s told them they have to take matters into their own hands and “fight like hell” now because nobody else cares, and nobody else is supporting them. “And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country any more.”

And unsurprisingly, that’s exactly what they did, as they forced entry into the Capitol building, looking for Pence, among others. They were the saviors of the Constitution, of the country, when everyone else was against them and letting them down, betraying them and Trump.

There’s no comparison between AOC’s tweet with the word “fight” and Trump’s use of the word.

Trump scared the crowd and then whipped them into action based on their fear, based on despair, based on the idea it is all on them, that everyone else has betrayed them and is against them and is against the Constitution and the country and they are not going to help or come to the rescue, so the crowd must act to save the country, it must “fight” and “fight like hell” to save their country. Trump incited the crowd.

Upvote 0