DHS admitted in emails it fails to track illegal immigrants released into US interior

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The Biden Administration’s broader immigration strategy has come under scrutiny amid record border crossings and the impeachment of DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas this week. Newly discovered emails may intensify that scrutiny.

In the emails obtained by the watchdog group Protect the Public’s Trust in a Freedom of Information Act request, one DHS official told a Washington Post reporter off the record he could not say how many immigrants are settling in Northern states via border state busing programs because the agency does not track those released from their custody.

“Are more people deciding to settle in DC/New York or, more recently, Chicago as a result of the program where they might have previously been inclined to remain in Texas or Arizona?” the reporter asked in a September 2022 email reviewed by Just the News.

“Off the record, that’s hard for us to say because they’re getting on those buses after they’re already out of our custody,” the official answered.

“That said, anecdotally including what I hear from other reporters, it does appear that word is spreading and they are looking for those buses for the free transportation. I’ve also heard many people are getting off along the way, so they’re using the buses for as long as it is convenient, but again, because they are out of our custody by then, it is hard for us to be able to answer that,” the official added.

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

The Biden Administration’s broader immigration strategy has come under scrutiny amid record border crossings and the impeachment of DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas this week. Newly discovered emails may intensify that scrutiny.

In the emails obtained by the watchdog group Protect the Public’s Trust in a Freedom of Information Act request, one DHS official told a Washington Post reporter off the record he could not say how many immigrants are settling in Northern states via border state busing programs because the agency does not track those released from their custody.

“Are more people deciding to settle in DC/New York or, more recently, Chicago as a result of the program where they might have previously been inclined to remain in Texas or Arizona?” the reporter asked in a September 2022 email reviewed by Just the News.

“Off the record, that’s hard for us to say because they’re getting on those buses after they’re already out of our custody,” the official answered.

“That said, anecdotally including what I hear from other reporters, it does appear that word is spreading and they are looking for those buses for the free transportation. I’ve also heard many people are getting off along the way, so they’re using the buses for as long as it is convenient, but again, because they are out of our custody by then, it is hard for us to be able to answer that,” the official added.
lol, so Greg Abbott's busing is actually making the problem worse. Nice own goal, buddy.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lol, so Greg Abbott's busing is actually making the problem worse. Nice own goal, buddy.
lol
you would rather the vast majority of those illegal immigrants to stay in Texas and/or other border states? right?

• Useful
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
lol
you would rather the vast majority of those illegal immigrants to stay in Texas and/or other border states? right?
I'm pro open borders. I don't care where they go.

But if your concern is keeping track of them and having them stay "in the system," then having them remain near the border would probably make that easier. But Abbott and Ducey apparently feel it prudent to spread them around the country so they're harder to find.

• Wow
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

But if your concern is keeping track of them and having them stay "in the system," then having them remain near the border would probably make that easier. But Abbott and Ducey apparently feel it prudent to spread them around the country so they're harder to find.
The Biden Administration used to attempt to try to keep the illegal immigrants in massive "tent cities" until it was no longer politically expedient to do so.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Biden Administration used to attempt to try to keep the illegal immigrants in massive "tent cities" until it was no longer politically expedient to do so.
This is all just insanity to me! Is this America or the Twilight Zone? :confused: Things have changed so much in America (and not for the better) since I was growing up in the 70's and 80's that sometimes I feel like I live on a different planet.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I'm glad to hear someone say they are pro open border. My problem with the administration is they lied bout it, they have falsely claimed the border is safe, secure, and closed. And now the administration and the entire establishment are pretending they want it close with a fake border security bill in the Senate that won't close the border. All the while the border laws continue to be violated. Just like going after conservatives, or after pro-life citizens or parents who speak up at school boards or Donald Trump, they are not letting the rule of law in get in their way in their quest for more power and more control. The country is at a crossroad. If we throw out the rule of law we no longer have a country.

• Winner
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • Informative
Reactions: Valletta
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟39,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

This problem is not new, and is not uniquely Biden's problem.

BOTH political parties have refused to cooperate, and update immigration law
in order to deal with the new realities of massive illegal immigration over
the Southern border.

Both political parties should be blamed, for this failure.

Upvote 0